Did I make a mistake?

I got the two AOS processing fee bill invoice packets (one for my wife and one for her daughter) in the mail. I paid the fee, $70.00 on-line. I want to OPTIN for the electric process for GUZ. Checking the case status on the NVC web site still showes that the fee in still "In Progress". I paid the fee on March 29th. so I think I need to still wait a few more days for the fee to process.

Question:

By paying on-line did I cause a time problem with the OPTIN process?

Thanks

Steve

Edited by clarejinjin (see edit history)

I got the two AOS processing fee bill invoice packets (one for my wife and one for her daughter) in the mail. I paid the fee, $70.00 on-line. I want to OPTIN for the electric process for GUZ. Checking the case status on the NVC web site still showes that the fee in still "In Progress". I paid the fee on March 29th. so I think I need to still wait a few more days for the fee to process.

Question:

Thanks

Steve

I don't think you made any mistake. Their electronic processing isn't instant.

If someone has more recently done the electronic processing, I hope they can be more specific.

Have you looked on visaJourney? I think they had a good step by step there.

Here are the links:

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/...Fee_Bill_Online.

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/Jame%27s_Shortcut

Edited by credzba (see edit history)

Question:

Thanks

Steve

No you did not cause a problem. You did just fine. Actually, better than fine. If you want to opt in, they warn never to mail anything to NVC as it will cause a big delay. So this means to opt in, you must pay the fee online. Don't worry it takes 3-4 days for status to change. I did electronic processing for my wife's parents. Paid the fee on-line, then in 3-4 days the status changed and I was able to continue on.

Good luck

Edited by C4Racer (see edit history)