what to report on the I-751

My wife (here since 8/08) is up for her Removal of Conditions process. All is fine (even great) with us but I am leary that our living arrangements may cause problems. Dao doesn't drive and she works about 40 miles from our home in rural WV. I drove her back-and-forth for a few months ~ about 1,000 miles a week! ~ and we decided to rent a small apt. in town. I stay there with her about 2 days a week; we stay together on our farm about three days a week, and she is there alone 2 or 3 days a weeks (it varies). I know USCIS wants to see a clear, unambiguous relationship, with both folks living 100% of the time in the same place. But it's just not practical for us right now, and it is lonesome at times for both of us. What to do? Just skip the complication and say we live full time on the farm, commuting to Charleston for her work? Or explain it all to them and hope they don't get into their ultra paranoid thing. I know truthfulness is always best, and there ARE heavy fines for false material statements. But a part of me smells problems with them if we tell them we live apart some of the time. We would definitely not do it this way if we could avoid it. Dao and I are as solid as solid gets and her having to return to China would mean I would definitely leave this country too. Any advice?

Tough one to call but since her primary home is the farm in WV I would list that as her home. Load up the petition with as much joint ownership of your combined assets that you have and have friends or neighbors write a statement attesting to the success of the marriage. What they are primarily concerned with is that the marriage is ongoing and bona fide.

Many thanks, WB. I know that is their concern (a "real" marriage) and that we have. But they are so paranoid about everything, and there is the concern they will see our living apart one or two days a week as something other than a regular thing, and thus, not a real marriage.

Is your advice to not reveal our rented apartment? I know that would be the obvious way to avoid difficulties ~ just say we simply always live together on the farm ~ but that is not the case and aside from the potential penalties, I feel it would be wrong to not tell the truth. Anyway, there is nothing "wrong" with our living arrangements and we would surely just dispense with the apartment if we could make it work our. But my wife is determined to work here, and that is the only way we can make it work.

Of course we'll get testimonials from friends and neighbors but for now I plan to tell them we both live together in two different locations because of my wife's work. Do you (or anyone else) see any problem with that?

Tough one to call but since her primary home is the farm in WV I would list that as her home. Load up the petition with as much joint ownership of your combined assets that you have and have friends or neighbors write a statement attesting to the success of the marriage. What they are primarily concerned with is that the marriage is ongoing and bona fide.

Look who's back. :rolleyes: Glad to see things are going well for ya buddy.

Sorry I can't answer any questions for ya at this point, yer way to advanced in the process for my limited knowledge of the process...and that's a good thing. ;)

tsap seui

Need to list permanent resident, there is no line for a temporary residence.

I had a co-worker who did that in the winter time, his home was quite a distance from work, so winters he would rent a studio, and commute home on the weekends.

Sort of like a long term hotel room, you would not list a hotel as residence.

It is the same routine as before :rolleyes:

Give them what they ask for, if they want additional information give it to them, but only give them what they ask for.

If you have joint ownership of the farm, and joint rental of the apartment, whats the issue ?

They only ask for permanent residence, so give them your permanent residence.

Provide all the other documents you can, and let it go.

CERTAINLY, by now you have heard of yuan fen, and your yuan fen with your wife is not going to end because of a document.

You are a good couple, you will continue to be a good couple (here or in China), so .. go with your fate.

Answer what they ask directly and to the point.

If your fate is to live in China, no matter WHAT you do, you will end up in China. If your fate is to stay in America, then apartment, or no apartment, doesn't matter you will be in America.

Our renewal date is coming up in May, but my wife in in China right now for 2 months. So .. After she gets back I'll get right on it.

I do worry, like you, but I know it makes no difference what I do, the governement will do what they want. I only do my best so that if the result is not what I want, I don't feel guilty (or worse get blamed by my wife !!) .

Best wishes.

The key here is intent. What they are looking for is the intent to evade immigration policies. Couples whose primary intent was to fraudulent use the immigration process will go their separate ways and avoid mixing finances. The best thing you can do to show your intent is placing her on the title to everything you own, house, car, etc.. and intermingling your finances completely. Put her on all bills coming to the house, all of your bank account and credit cards. Do not even bring up the temporary residence unless they ask. If you show proof of everything co-owned and all of your finances intermingled, they most likely won't ask.

The key here is intent. What they are looking for is the intent to evade immigration policies. Couples whose primary intent was to fraudulent use the immigration process will go their separate ways and avoid mixing finances. The best thing you can do to show your intent is placing her on the title to everything you own, house, car, etc.. and intermingling your finances completely. Put her on all bills coming to the house, all of your bank account and credit cards. Do not even bring up the temporary residence unless they ask. If you show proof of everything co-owned and all of your finances intermingled, they most likely won't ask.

We did not got to these extreams, we live at the family homestead, so dont own a home or rent an apartment. Only things I provided in our I-751 petition was joint bank accounts, with statements showing both names on the accounts, as well as college bills showing my wife's address is same as my address, copies of commission checks from our home business showing joint ownership of the business (Both names listed on the checks), and joint tax returns.

We were not interviewed.

http://www.visajourney.com/content/examples

Study this guide on removeing conditions. There is nothing in dealing with living in two places. The cover letter is a good example on how to deal with arranging what is needed. Nothing more. Here is what we are enclosing with the petition. 1,2,3,4,5....

No difference than if Dao was a long distance trucker . Home on the weekends . Don't shoot yourself in the foot on this one. Get some photo's over a period of time.Run them through a color copy machine and send them in. Enclose some mail that may have been sent to her. A joint account is great. I know of a person that did not send in letters from friends attesting to a sound marriage and he got a RFE requesting this.

Good to see you here, too. Yes, we are fine, but this Removal of Conditions is yet another drag for us (as it is for all). How I wish we'd have stayed in China until we had been married for two years . . . besides saving $545, it would have simplified things a great deal.

I really don't see a big problem for us in this, but the USCIS seems to pay attention to the wrong things a lot of the time. My previous wife clearly and obviously married me in bad faith: she threatened to kill me just a few months after arriving here; she abandoned me, and she told everyone (her Chinese "Hua Ren" friends) that she had only married me to get a green card and come to the US.

Her Removal of Conditions? No problem!

Meanwhile, Daoqun and I are as tight as you-know-what (I'll leave it to your immagination) and yet I wonder what road blocks they will throw at us. We have joint ownership of lots of stuff so we should have no problem.

Look who's back. ;) Glad to see things are going well for ya buddy.

Sorry I can't answer any questions for ya at this point, yer way to advanced in the process for my limited knowledge of the process...and that's a good thing. :(

tsap seui

Good to see you here, too. Yes, we are fine, but this Removal of Conditions is yet another drag for us (as it is for all). How I wish we'd have stayed in China until we had been married for two years . . . besides saving $545, it would have simplified things a great deal.

I really don't see a big problem for us in this, but the USCIS seems to pay attention to the wrong things a lot of the time. My previous wife clearly and obviously married me in bad faith: she threatened to kill me just a few months after arriving here; she abandoned me, and she told everyone (her Chinese "Hua Ren" friends) that she had only married me to get a green card and come to the US.

Her Removal of Conditions? No problem!

Meanwhile, Daoqun and I are as tight as you-know-what (I'll leave it to your immagination) and yet I wonder what road blocks they will throw at us. We have joint ownership of lots of stuff so we should have no problem.

Look who's back. :lol: Glad to see things are going well for ya buddy.

Sorry I can't answer any questions for ya at this point, yer way to advanced in the process for my limited knowledge of the process...and that's a good thing. :lol:

tsap seui

I hear ya loud and clear Wally. Lil' rabbit and I are purposely waiting to file this CR-1 and will stall it if need be so the interview (if successful) will give us until after March 5th of next year to set foot in America so we've been married two year....we'll eat the damn time to keep away from futher interruption in our bona fide relationship by the godawful government.

Good luck to you two.

tsap seui