Kid's GUZ Interview Checklist

I'm making a checklist for My son who's going to interview on 3/29 Monday.

1. Passport

2. 2" photo - multiple

3. Health exam

4. Birth Cert

5. Custody paper

6. I-864

7. 864 attachment - Form 1040

8. 864 attachment - Paycheck

9. P3 supplemental

10. DS-230

11. Appointment letter

Are they complete? Is there anything I overlooked? The appointment letter says "fees paid". I assume there is no more fee at the interview, right?

Since we opt efile, I assume we don't need to physically receive anything (letter?) from GUZ to present at the interview. The #11 - Appointment letter is the one NVC emailed to us.

We intend for my son to land here in late May - early July. If we can't make the trip back to pick him up, is there any legal problem that my son comes to the US with my friend? One of my close friend will be back from China in late May. I'm considering the feasibility of this option. Any advice, please. Thanks a million!

Edited by smalltoe (see edit history)

We intend for my son to land here in late May - early July. If we can't make the trip back to pick him up, is there any legal problem that my son comes to the US with my friend? One of my close friend will be back from China in late May. I'm considering the feasibility of this option. Any advice, please. Thanks a million!

Be sure that one of you will be at GUZ the day of the interview. We have seen children denied a visa because their parents were not present. Be sure to give your passport to him if you to lay on the counter if you are not allowed in the room.

Member "LostInBlue" just went through this for an IR-2 this past January, give him a PM and I know he will give you the details.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...c=40661&hl=

Note, as Randy said one parent should be there, in this case mother Yan was there.

I'm not sure if this would be relevant to your case, but you may want to include some select photos, showing your son and you together from infancy to the present.

We got 'blue slipped' for not having these kinds of photos at our GUZ interview last Fall.

Edit: make sure that you write the date taken, location, and names of people shown, on the back of each photo

Edited by Kris-n-Rachel (see edit history)

Be sure that one of you will be at GUZ the day of the interview. We have seen children denied a visa because their parents were not present. Be sure to give your passport to him if you to lay on the counter if you are not allowed in the room.

Neither my husband nor I could make the trip back to China this time. My parents will accompany my son to GZ. Is it helpful if I write a letter explaining that we are too busy to come? I heard parents are not allowed to join the interview. What do you think if my son present the letter to the interviewer and explain the reason I'm absent?

I had thought of rescheduling the interview to May but the date is not up to me. So I gave up. It is true that I am too busy both at work and school to leave right now.

I'm not sure if this would be relevant to your case, but you may want to include some select photos, showing your son and you together from infancy to the present.

We got 'blue slipped' for not having these kinds of photos at our GUZ interview last Fall.

Edit: make sure that you write the date taken, location, and names of people shown, on the back of each photo

Thank you Kris and Rachel, I'm adding this to my list. We have many pictures taken together. They will be helpful, especially my husband and I will be absent at the interview.

• 2 months later...

Neither my husband nor I could make the trip back to China this time. My parents will accompany my son to GZ. Is it helpful if I write a letter explaining that we are too busy to come? I heard parents are not allowed to join the interview. What do you think if my son present the letter to the interviewer and explain the reason I'm absent?

I had thought of rescheduling the interview to May but the date is not up to me. So I gave up. It is true that I am too busy both at work and school to leave right now.

Unfortunately, it's up to the VO. That's a judgement call that I can't make. I would hope that they would be reasonable about something like that, but there's no guarantee. It's not a requirement, but simply an issue that can be raised.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)