Applications sent to Portsmouth N.H.

Ok guys, need some info.

Just received the I 797 notice that my wifes and daughters I-130 form has been approved and sent to NVC Portsmouth N.H.

It says not to contact them for at least 90 days.

How long does it normally take for them to process the applications?

Since we live in Xiamen I guess Portsmouth will send the papers on the GUZ, is that correct?

Thanks

Steve

Takes 2 weeks or so for it ti transfer from USCIS to NVC, at which time NVC will send out an I-864 packet.

At this time EMAIL them the I-864 AND pay the $70 fee online. You then OPTIN to the electronic process at NVC.

MORE: http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=37703

Ok guys, need some info.

Just received the I 797 notice that my wifes and daughters I-130 form has been approved and sent to NVC Portsmouth N.H.

It says not to contact them for at least 90 days.

How long does it normally take for them to process the applications?

Since we live in Xiamen I guess Portsmouth will send the papers on the GUZ, is that correct?

Thanks

Steve

Hi Steve,

I filed 2) I-130 petitions ( CR-1 & CR-2 ) also. The CSC approval (NOA-2) date was February 24, 2010 and the NVC Affidavit of Support (AOS) invoice date is March 3, 2010. So far things have been moving at a reasonable pace for us. I hope your luck is as good as our's. Yes, after the NVC finishes, your petitions will go to Guangzhou, all fiance and spousal visa applicants are interveiwed in Guangzhou. Jeff

Takes 2 weeks or so for it ti transfer from USCIS to NVC, at which time NVC will send out an I-864 packet.

At this time EMAIL them the I-864 AND pay the $70 fee online. You then OPTIN to the electronic process at NVC.

Thanks for the information.

What is the advantage to the electronic process ve the paper process?

Steve

PS

tried to open the link you sent but no luck.

Steve

PS

Paper will generate a PAPER file that gets SHIPPED to Guangzhou where it WILL sit in customs for at least THREE MONTHS. Electronic processing bypasses Chinese Customs Delay.

Link just points to the Electronic processing topic that is pinned at the top of the " General Visa Discussion & First Steps" forum.

Steve

PS

Paper will generate a PAPER file that gets SHIPPED to Guangzhou where it WILL sit in customs for at least THREE MONTHS. Electronic processing bypasses Chinese Customs Delay.

Link just points to the Electronic processing topic that is pinned at the top of the " General Visa Discussion & First Steps" forum.

Thanks

I wish this process to go as fast as possible.

Question:

Do I need a scaner to get into the electronic process?

Steve

Steve

PS

Thanks

Question:

Steve

You will need access to a scanner that generates PDF files, go to your local FED-EX Kinkos and use one there scan and save your stuff on a USB flash drive, then bring home and email to NVC

Steve

PS

Thanks

Question:

Steve

You will need access to a scanner that generates PDF files, go to your local FED-EX Kinkos and use one there scan and save your stuff on a USB flash drive, then bring home and email to NVC

I live in Xiamen China and getting access to a scanner in not easy!!.

The pined topic states this:

NOTE: Electronic processing begins at NVC, NOT USCIS. The visa petition starts out normally by sending the initial petition (I-130 or I-129F) to USCIS (Chicago (I-130), Vermont/California (I-129F)) and only AFTER USCIS sends the approved petition (P2, NOA-2) to NVC will you opt into the electronic processing. Also electronic processing does NOT apply to I-130 filed DCF to the consulate or embassy in China.

We reveived notice on March 9th that my wifes and her daughters application was sent to Portsmouth N.H.

Is this the P-2, NOA-2 and is this the time to OPTIN to the electronic processing or shound I wait?

Thanks

Steve

Steve

Steve

PS

Thanks

Question:

Steve

NOTE: Electronic processing begins at NVC, NOT USCIS. The visa petition starts out normally by sending the initial petition (I-130 or I-129F) to USCIS (Chicago (I-130), Vermont/California (I-129F)) and only AFTER USCIS sends the approved petition (P2, NOA-2) to NVC will you opt into the electronic processing. Also electronic processing does NOT apply to I-130 filed DCF to the consulate or embassy in China.

We reveived notice on March 9th that my wifes and her daughters application was sent to Portsmouth N.H.

Is this the P-2, NOA-2 and is this the time to OPTIN to the electronic processing or shound I wait?

Thanks

Steve

Steve

You can buy one for less than 300 RMB. I bought a Cannon Lite scanner for 270 RMB that came with English/Chinese instructions and operating language. I brought it soley to use for Electronic Processing but it has come in very handy for many other things since that time.

Thanks

Steve

Steve

You can have someone in the states act as your agent when you email DS-3032 they can scan and email stuff to NVC for you.

As for when to OPTIN you will do this shortly after you get notice from NVC, you will need the NVC "GUZ" Case numbers.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

Thanks

Steve

Steve

You can have someone in the states act as your agent when you email DS-3032 they can scan and email stuff to NVC for you.

As for when to OPTIN you will do this shortly after you get notice from NVC, you will need the NVC "GUZ" Case numbers.

So, I still need to wait for a notice from the NVC with the new GUZ case numbers before I OPTIN

Thanks

Steve

Steve

So, I still need to wait for a notice from the NVC with the new GUZ case numbers before I OPTIN

Forgot to add. What is the DS-3032?

if you live in china, why did you file in the US? maybe too late to ask that...

I have live in Xiamen China for the past 3 years and have been married for the past 2.3 years to my Chinese wife. I sent my papers to the USA because I'm retired, don't work in China and I'm not a student. All of which means I can't get a "Perminate Residence Permit" in my passport. Just on a chance I took all our papers including the kitchen sink to GUZ and tried to get them to take my 2 (wife and daughter) I-130 forms. NO LUCK, NO HOW, NADA!!

Anyway, we had to go the long way around!

Any help is needed!!

THanks

Steve