The History:

You can see my time line on the signature at the bottom.

We have been going the K3 route, and are now waiting the P3. The NVC forwarded the documents to Guangzhou on the 17th of November, and 1 of 3 packages were picked up by the Consulate. The other 2 are still listed as clearance delay by DHL tracking.

We have also received I-130 approval. It only took Vermont about 4 months to do that.

Now the NVC is getting ready to send me the I-864 affidavit of support doc.

Is anyone else in this Boat?

Will the NVC send what is basically packet 3 directly to my wife, or will they also send it to the consulate where we also have a K3 packet 3 sitting?

When do you have to choose which path will lead to the Holy Grail ?

Dean

same boat here!....except your conflict is a bit closer together then mine was. My I-130 process was a little bit ahead of the K3 process but not by much. NVC sent the forms and I obliged!...Little did I know that I could drop the I-130 and proceed with the I-485 AOS once my wife got her K3 visa. I have already paid the $65 fee for the I-864 and the $335 immigration fee that followed! I am now working on getting the $335 refunded. I received the DS-230 package(P3) a week prior to my wifes K3 interview!

As far as your situation goes, it is a call you're going to have to make.....go with the K3 or with the I-130. I guess you can play it really safe and follow thru with the immigration bills that NVC sends you for the I-130 process,(I-864, immigration fee bill, etc.) while you wait for the K3 to go thru. That's where I found myself at. I might be out a few dollars but I played it safe by paying the fees while waiting for my wife's K3 interview and all worked out at the end. Now if I can get the $335 back, all will be even better! I'll just forget about the $65 I-864 fee.

%%good luck

WOW!! Man, new people are just smokin' through the system these days! You started in July and are just a hair behind me, and I started in January.

If I understand things correctly, your wife will receive the P3. GZ will ship it out via EMS, the Chinese express mail system. Watch out, though. EMS delivers very quickly if your wife/fiance(e) lives in a major, easily accessed place. They deliver to SZ practically overnight. Our P3 was mailed out at the end of November and we've yet to receive it at my wife's parent's address in Hechuan (outside Chongqing).

You can, apparently (and we did), just download copies of the DS-230 and OF-169, fill those out and send them back without actually physically receiving the packet. You do need the packet of stuff eventually. Once GZ "says" they sent the P3 there's just no sense in waiting.

I don't know that GZ has actually sent the P3. I have only tracked it to GZ via DHL, and only know that they picked up one of 3 packages.

My wife also lives outside Chongqing, but I have never had any problem EMS'ing stuff to her.

I am just unclear as to this NVC process. My biggest question was if NVC would ship P3 directly to my wife, or to the consulate.

El-Deanyo

robhon --

That's my confusion. I am going down parallel trails, and expected the I-130 trail to take 2 - 3 yrs.

Then Vermont goes at blinding speed, presenting me with a problem I don't mind having.

I just barely got the K3 thing figured out, and now the NVC is processing the I-130.

El-Deanyo

tywy_99 ---

Thanks for the input - but you lost me.  You said you dropped the I-864 and are trying to get a chunk of change back.  But won't you eventually have to complete this form anyway and pay the money to reach Permanent Status (i.e. Holy Grail)

El-Deanyo

Well, I paid the $65 fee for the I-864. That was paid to NVC via the I-130 process. Once my wife received her K3 visa, I abandonded the I-130 and filed the I-485 AOS. Along with the I-485, a I-864 has to be attached including all the supporting evidence. NVC and USCIS both told me that I have to file the I-864 with the I-485. It's all in the instructions.

As far as the first I-864 I filed with NVC along with the $65 fee???....I guess it is like the movie......"gone with the wind!"........ :lol:

I don't know that GZ has actually sent the P3.  I have only tracked it to GZ via DHL, and only know that they picked up one of 3 packages.

My wife also lives outside Chongqing, but I have never had any problem EMS'ing stuff to her.

I am just unclear as to this NVC process.  My biggest question was if NVC would ship P3 directly to my wife, or to the consulate.

El-Deanyo

Hi dean;

Yes NVC ships it right to you wife, awww geez do you mean the blank form? yes that is shipped to your wife. the completed form is shipped to GZ.

WOW!!  Man, new people are just smokin' through the system these days!  You started in July and are just a hair behind me, and I started in January. 

If I understand things correctly, your wife will receive the P3GZ will ship it out via EMS, the Chinese express mail system.  Watch out, though.  EMS delivers very quickly if your wife/fiance(e) lives in a major, easily accessed place.  They deliver to SZ practically overnight.  Our P3 was mailed out at the end of November and we've yet to receive it at my wife's parent's address in Hechuan (outside Chongqing).

You can, apparently (and we did), just download copies of the DS-230 and OF-169, fill those out and send them back without actually physically receiving the packet.  You do need the packet of stuff eventually.  Once GZ "says" they sent the P3 there's just no sense in waiting.

Robhon;

How did you deal with the no barcode page when you sent in your DS 230? we will be sending ours back to NVC as we are a CR1, Married started with a I 130 immigrant visa process.

As far as we know this P3 packet has the agent form, the affidavit of support form and the DS 230 form {bio data part 1}.. oh yes and the BARCODE :lol: :(

It seems the last round is from GZ for us and would be the P4 or medical, instruction and part 2 of bio form.

Mark

WOW!!  Man, new people are just smokin' through the system these days!  You started in July and are just a hair behind me, and I started in January.  

If I understand things correctly, your wife will receive the P3.  GZ will ship it out via EMS, the Chinese express mail system.  Watch out, though.  EMS delivers very quickly if your wife/fiance(e) lives in a major, easily accessed place.  They deliver to SZ practically overnight.  Our P3 was mailed out at the end of November and we've yet to receive it at my wife's parent's address in Hechuan (outside Chongqing).

You can, apparently (and we did), just download copies of the DS-230 and OF-169, fill those out and send them back without actually physically receiving the packet.  You do need the packet of stuff eventually.  Once GZ "says" they sent the P3 there's just no sense in waiting.

Robhon;

How did you deal with the no barcode page when you sent in your DS 230? we will be sending ours back to NVC as we are a CR1, Married started with a I 130 immigrant visa process.

As far as we know this P3 packet has the agent form, the affidavit of support form and the DS 230 form {bio data part 1}.. oh yes and the BARCODE :lol: :(

It seems the last round is from GZ for us and would be the P4 or medical, instruction and part 2 of bio form.

Mark

So, essentially there are TWO P3's in the end of everything. (Is this right?) There is the P3 generated by the K-visa application and another that comes via the whole I-130 process. Right???

I'm hoping it's the I-130 generated form (from NVC?) that has the bar code on it. Others (K-generated folks) were also sending in generic downloaded forms same as me. I'm hoping that we all don't get our cases kicked out because of this.

Can anyone clarify things on this subject???

Ok let me take a crack at this, just turning it over in the shower.

Some people start with the I 129 form which is the fiancee visa.

Some start with the I130 form which is the married immigrant visa.

And some start with the I 129 and get married during the process. These people get more paperwork and are kicked into the I 130 process also?

Barring all the before forms and fee bills it seems every one gets an agent fee biil/form and affidavit fee bill/form.

It seems the married I 130 people get the DS 230 fee bill/form and their paperwork barcode from NVC has the CR1 after the numbers.

The people who get married during the process also end up getting a DS 230 fee bill form as well as the I 130 fee bill form but will not have to do the AOS {adjustment of status} in the states IF.... they go down the I 130 track. Have I got this right so far?

The others will continue on down the same track { I 129} and get married in the states in a certain period of time according to that visa.

Also at the P4 stage it seems everyone gets the same packet and the medical, police record, supporting docs, but with the I 129's they need to prove they are in a relationship where as the marrieds just need to show the wedding docs.. right again?

So by the time one gets to the P3 level it is pretty much the same for marrieds whether they started out with the I 129 or I 130 just that the forms may come from GZ or NVC and maybe the marrieds from the start don't have to do a name check? but that part could be pushing it.

Mark :P

Guest blsqueaky

Okay, I think that I will let someone else anser this, but from what you have written,

married over there, filed both the I-130, then also filed the K-3, or the I-129F, which is the same as the I-129.

No, when wife receives the P-3 and P-4, she also will have to have the police certicate and medical and all of the rest that goes along with it.

Now if I am wrong here, I know that someone will correct me here.