Fens view of America

One car one person......only drive drive, no walk, no excersice.

That is why Americans fat in the butt and the gut.

Americans have an ego :P

Economy bad but restaurants always busy.

And the best........I run my business ALL WRONG. :) That is not how it is done in China.

Chinese food in America sucks.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One car one person......only drive drive, no walk, no excersice.

That is why Americans fat in the butt and the gut.

Americans have an ego :D

Economy bad but restaurants always busy.

And the best........I run my business ALL WRONG. :) That is not how it is done in China.

Chinese food in America sucks.

Yes

Yes

Yes

No

Yes

Sounds like the little woman has a bit of an ego too :P

Preaching to the choir!

One thing you will learn.

It will take time to find authentic Chinese food restaurants, in my case I know of two in the Rochester area.

Economy has been getting to my wife, she wants to work a good job only to not be able to find something, seems fixated on moving to NYC, sorry not giving up my job just yet to do that, and I have told her any possible increase in pay will just get eaten up by the higher cost of living down state.

Preaching to the choir!

One thing you will learn.

It will take time to find authentic Chinese food restaurants, in my case I know of two in the Rochester area.

Economy has been getting to my wife, she wants to work a good job only to not be able to find something, seems fixated on moving to NYC, sorry not giving up my job just yet to do that, and I have told her any possible increase in pay will just get eaten up by the higher cost of living down state.

Yup. She got on my case yesterday for not being able to work.

Explaining about EAD was of no use. :D

I will file GC papers by the end of this month and as soon as we get the EAD I can find her a job at the local supermarket.

Eventually when her english skills improve I will have her do Nurse's aide certification.

So, she decided she is going to make sandwiches for the customers at the store. Shoot me now. :P

I remember when I worked at GE we hired someone from Rochester and he was thrilled with the more money he was going to make...that is untill he went house shopping and got a sticker shock.

I am seeing the economic impact on my businees too and there is no end in sight. :)

Explaining about EAD was of no use. :blink:

I will file GC papers by the end of this month and as soon as we get the EAD I can find her a job at the local supermarket.

Eventually when her english skills improve I will have her do Nurse's aide certification.

So, she decided she is going to make sandwiches for the customers at the store. Shoot me now. :ph34r:

I remember when I worked at GE we hired someone from Rochester and he was thrilled with the more money he was going to make...that is untill he went house shopping and got a sticker shock.

I am seeing the economic impact on my businees too and there is no end in sight. :unsure:

Yes have had my wife taking classes so that she could look for a job as a Medical Office Assistant or doing medical Coding and Billing.

Yes have her work in your shop. About EAD, she is technically able to work for at least the first 90 days after entry, I had my wife work as a teachers aid at the local public school. Then employer may keep her on until getting EAD.

File AOS/EAD papers ASAP, you don't want all the mop-slapping you will get procrastinating, I feel this pain every time my wife gets off the phone after chatting with a friend who just cleared their "Removal of Conditions" and she says where is her 10 year card, PAIN explaining that the .GOV processes these things at different rates.

So the sooner you get the GC and/or EAD the better!

Explaining about EAD was of no use. :blink:

So, she decided she is going to make sandwiches for the customers at the store. Shoot me now. :P

I am seeing the economic impact on my businees too and there is no end in sight. :lol:

Yes have had my wife taking classes so that she could look for a job as a Medical Office Assistant or doing medical Coding and Billing.

Yes have her work in your shop. About EAD, she is technically able to work for at least the first 90 days after entry, I had my wife work as a teachers aid at the local public school. Then employer may keep her on until getting EAD.

File AOS/EAD papers ASAP, you don't want all the mop-slapping you will get procrastinating, I feel this pain every time my wife gets off the phone after chatting with a friend who just cleared their "Removal of Conditions" and she says where is her 10 year card, PAIN explaining that the .GOV processes these things at different rates.

So the sooner you get the GC and/or EAD the better!

Got the 10 year green card.......had it for some time.....Trust me, it does not stop the mop slapping. :huh:

Once she does go to work, just wait until she gets her first paycheck and discovers the wonders of income tax. Be prepared for an explosion of great magnitude.

When we went through Li's first paycheck, I was reminded of a line delivered by the spoiled girl on "That 70's Show" when she got her first paycheck....

"And somebody please tell me, just who the hell is this Fica bitch?" :lol:

Once she does go to work, just wait until she gets her first paycheck and discovers the wonders of income tax. Be prepared for an explosion of great magnitude.

When we went through Li's first paycheck, I was reminded of a line delivered by the spoiled girl on "That 70's Show" when she got her first paycheck....

"And somebody please tell me, just who the hell is this Fica bitch?" :P

We have been thru this argument :blink:

I have a big sales tax bill due in a week and she can not understand why I need to pay it. :D

"And somebody please tell me, just who the hell is this Fica bitch?" :P

We have been thru this argument :blink:

I have a big sales tax bill due in a week and she can not understand why I need to pay it. :D

Sam a few websites to check out in your area:

http://www.hxct.org/

http://www.mywcca.org/default.htm

It is always a good thing to get plugged into the local Chinese community ASAP, it gives your spouse a connection to new home. Home-sickness is the next issue that you deal with and the sooner your spouse has a connection with the local community the better.

Thanks Dan.

I knew about the WCCA and I sent them emails so we could go the CNY party they were having. All the links were broken and no one replied to my post on their message board. :blink:

I will try again.

Try their facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=364247342776

"And somebody please tell me, just who the hell is this Fica bitch?" :bullshit:

It was sort of the opposite for us -- today I did our taxes, and since Jing had never actually looked at one of my paychecks to see all the taxes, she saw our refund as a sudden and unexpected cash windfall!