Will the citizenship intervew and oath be on the same day?

Cathy

Well,,, there ya go, Cathy! "Different strokes for different folks", just the way the USCIS likes it.

If there's anything predictable about the USCIS, it's that they love and strive to be unpredictable! ;)

Good luck.

Yep if you keep the natives guessing you have control over them. It would really be wonderful if every office of the USCIS would do everything exactly the same. That would take the fun out of it for them though wouldn't it? :D :D

Larry

Everytime they try to make things all the same they just drag the service centers doing a good job down to the same level of shitty service as the worst ones.

Carl my 32 years in the military and civil service has proven to me that what you just said is in deed the truth. My experience is that the government answer is always the same, throw more money at it and it will improve and that just ain't true. Things have to be analyzed to find where the problem lies and find a solution.

Larry

As for the US government, my only attitude so far is grateful. They never gave me any trouble to grant me a visa or approve something. When they ask for documents or anything, I just keep it simple. Give what they ask. Nothing more, nothing less. It has been working well this way.

Tomorrow is the 15th day of the Chinese New Year Celebration. Have some Tang Yuan and enjoy the moon.

Edited by Cathy (see edit history)

Carl my 32 years in the military and civil service has proven to me that what you just said is in deed the truth. My experience is that the government answer is always the same, throw more money at it and it will improve and that just ain't true. Things have to be analyzed to find where the problem lies and find a solution.

Larry

Here in Portland when Bing and I filed for her AOS it was all done right here at our local service center. We went down in the morning and filed the papers and paid the fee. We came back that same afternoon and got her EAD card. In about 3 months we had her interview. This was when the Atlanta center was taking a year. Later on when they decided everyone had to send in AOS to a Chicago drop box it more than doubled the processing time in Portland. As I recall I don't think it sped up Atlanta much if at all.

As for the US government, my only attitude so far is grateful. They never gave me any trouble to grant me a visa or approve something. When they ask for documents or anything, I just keep it simple. Give what they ask. Nothing more, nothing less. It has been working well this way.

Tomorrow is the 15th day of the Chinese New Year Celebration. Have some Tang Yuan and enjoy the moon.

That is great to hear Cathy. Keep up the good work and you will be finished before you know it.

Larry

Larry

Here in Portland when Bing and I filed for her AOS it was all done right here at our local service center. We went down in the morning and filed the papers and paid the fee. We came back that same afternoon and got her EAD card. In about 3 months we had her interview. This was when the Atlanta center was taking a year. Later on when they decided everyone had to send in AOS to a Chicago drop box it more than doubled the processing time in Portland. As I recall I don't think it sped up Atlanta much if at all.

Carl it sounds like a classic case of the government passing the buck to someone else. I've seen it many times. These USCIS folks do take the cake for being inconsistent. I know that their job is not a piece of cake but there certainly is room for improvement.

Larry

Edited by amberjack1234 (see edit history)
  • 2 months later...

Here is the update about the Tampa Field Office.

Only the military applicant can have both the interview and the Oath done in ONE appointment. Except that, it needs to be done in two separate days.

My interview was on April 12. The interview took about 15 minutes. In and out the Office in an hour. Basically it just went thru all the items on Form N-400.

Within 2 weeks, the notice for the Oath arrived. May 20. Today.

There were 324 applicants from 73 countries. 12 Chinese. 24 Indians. The country with the most applicants is Columbia. In and out within 2.5 hours, not including the time to register to vote or apply for the passport.

Can't wait till tomorrow to call the military reserve.