CCP Issues New Ethics Code

All right, great. Now they need to undo some of the damage that has been done by local party leaders taking the farmers' land away. China is severely short of arable land. It is unconscionable that the tinest bit more farmland be converted to industry. Any new industry can be placed where old, inefficient industries were.

Haha, thats funny. Aint gunna happen anytime soon. They can write all the code, policies and guidelines all they want. Its the enforcement that is so crucial. And there will continue to be very little enforcement, count on it.

For every 1 official that gets caught and is made into an 'example', there are 1,000 more carrying on. The risk/reward ratio is highly in their favor. And the central committee has known this for some time. If it was such a concern for them then it would be taken care of by now. When China is committed to something they move fast and forceful. They are the barbarians at the gate.

I have to agree with you 100% and it seems as though this was not the first time that this announcement has been made. I don't have a link. :lol:

If I was king do you think that I would give it up and turn the power over to the peasants? I don't think so. :lol:

Larry

Yeah, par for the course. Every year they launch a new campaign to eliminate corruption. They make examples out of one or two people and then it's back to business as usual.

They'll eliminate corruption when Hell freezes over.

I have to agree with you 100% and it seems as though this was not the first time that this announcement has been made. I don't have a link. :P

If I was king do you think that I would give it up and turn the power over to the peasants? I don't think so. :surprise:

Larry

Yeah, par for the course. Every year they launch a new campaign to eliminate corruption. They make examples out of one or two people and then it's back to business as usual.

Howdy Bill it is good to hear from you. I think it is just a smoke screen to make the public think that they are looking out for them and build confidence in their government. I wonder though behind closed doors how many of them really believes it.

Larry

Ouch! OK you guys, I was just trying to put in a little positive news about China, since a lot of negative press has been published.

But, I do agree with you. I think that what the party bosses want is for the underlings to just not flaunt their corrupt gains so publicly. Business can continue as usual, but they should keep their heads down, and proceed in a low key manner.

Ouch! OK you guys, I was just trying to put in a little positive news about China, since a lot of negative press has been published.

But, I do agree with you. I think that what the party bosses want is for the underlings to just not flaunt their corrupt gains so publicly. Business can continue as usual, but they should keep their heads down, and proceed in a low key manner.

Was not trying to put you or your post in a negative light on my part just stating the facts about the past history of broken promises. For myself I do wish that it could/would happen.

Larry

I have to agree with you 100% and it seems as though this was not the first time that this announcement has been made. I don't have a link. :D

If I was king do you think that I would give it up and turn the power over to the peasants? I don't think so. :D

Larry

... or if they had another leader like Mao Zedong. Corruption didn't exist under Chairman Mao.

I have to agree with you 100% and it seems as though this was not the first time that this announcement has been made. I don't have a link. :lol:

If I was king do you think that I would give it up and turn the power over to the peasants? I don't think so. :lol:

Larry

... or if they had another leader like Mao Zedong. Corruption didn't exist under Chairman Mao.

I've heard that to but I don't have a link.

Larry

what makes this all so different from how government and business is conducted in the USA?

The methodology is different. In China it is outright corruption by many individuals and companies. The local kingpin taking land away from farmers to give to construction buddies, the local kingpins son running a brick factory with enslaved workers and other officials looking the other way, it's the melamine in the watered down milk to make greater profits.

In the US it's done by legislation for special groups, lobbyists, highly paid speaking engagements and jobs to former politicians as a way of repaying favors done in the past, quid pro quo.

Somethings are similar in both countries, kickbacks for overlooking improper construction , jobs based upon political connections when the individuals are not qualified in the least.

The US is more sophisticated in the art of skullduggery.

I have to agree with you 100% and it seems as though this was not the first time that this announcement has been made. I don't have a link. :toot:

If I was king do you think that I would give it up and turn the power over to the peasants? I don't think so. :wub:

Larry

You think the Chinese govt. under Mao was better than the current govt.?