Department Of State

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My latest recommendation to the DOS "Open State" is to have the DOS create an Office of Ombudsman for the Consular Affairs section. As you know it is Consular Affairs that issues or refuses all visas. I made this recommendation because of the effectiveness of the USCIS Ombudsman in getting changes made regarding processing times of visa petitions, and other improvements that they recommended.

Kyle had asked if their was some way to get feedback about the recommendations being made. I didn't see one on the Open State website so I thought that if there was an office of Ombudsman, there would be a permanent way to give input, and get feedback.

Here is the post: The State Department needs an Office of Ombudsman for Consular Affairs. An Office of Ombudsman will provide a venue for citizens to express ideas for improvement, and to complain when the Office of Consular Affairs is failing in its mission. Changes, recommendations, and complaints could be made about the many areas of responsibility for Consular Affairs such as visa issuance, passports, U. S. Citizens services, etc. Based upon its analysis of the citizens input the Ombudsman will make recommendations for changes, and follow up on those recommendations.

The Citizenship and Immigration Services Ombudsman has helped to improve many aspects of the USCIS. The State Department Ombudsman can do the same at the Department Of State. http://www.dhs.gov/xabout/structure/editorial_0482.shtm

Please vote on this and other recommendations even if your gal is already here. You will be helping all of those who are following in your footsteps.

Edited by Stepbrow (see edit history)
  • 3 weeks later...