Returning to China with Green Card

My wife, a Green Card holder, has returned to China to celebrate the New Year with her family. I will be returning to China in a couple weeks for work. Can my wife re-enter Hong Kong with her Chinese passport and Green Card to meet me at the airport and then re-enter China?

I know she can re-enter Kong Kong for 7 days if she has a return ticket to the USA. But will entering Hong Kong only to return to China a couple days later pose any problems?

Thanks!

National China (People's Rep.) (CN)

Residence U.S.A. (US)

Transit Hong Kong (SAR China) (HK)

Destination China (People's Rep.) (CN)

Hong Kong (SAR China) (HK)

Visa required, except for Holders of Hong Kong (SAR China) passports; Or: Visa required, except for Holders of a PRC Travel Document (or the former PRC Travel Permit, if still valid); provided holding appropriate entry permit for Hong Kong (SAR China).

Or:

Visa required, except for : - nationals of China (People's Rep.) (not holding Special Administrative Region passports) traveling to a third destination.

Or:

TWOV (Transit Without Visa): Visa required, except for Nationals of China (People's Rep.) transiting in Hong Kong for a stay of max. 7 days, provided traveling to a third destination. A return ticket is not required if the onward destination is China (People's Rep.) or Macao within 7 days.

Additional Information:

- All visitors must hold:

- onward or return tickets, except when in transit to either mainland China (People's Rep.) or Macao (SAR China);

- all documents required for next destination and sufficient funds to cover their stay in Hong Kong.

http://www.timaticweb.com/cgi-bin/tim_webs...ubuser=DELTAB2C

Is grey, one paragraph shows "appropriate entry permit" other shows no visa needed.

Will have to show some proof that will be returning to China within 7 days. Perhaps your itinerary, of if she is flying into HK, show return ticket to China, or perhaps by train, show return ticket. (Green card holders are allowed 7 days in HK)

Probably will be easier to simply get an entry permit, I knew a friend in Guangzhou who visited HK from time to time and had no problems getting an entry permit, I suspect a US green-card holder will not have problems getting an entry permit for HK.

Thanks... is it just me, or was that more than a little bit confusing?

In any case, I'm glad I asked. It could have been a lonely weekend in HK! I'll have her look into getting an entry permit.

Also... just realized I posted this in the wrong place... feel free to move it. Thanks again.