calling China

I have been looking but can not find it in the forums. I know I read it here before. I seem to remmeber someone talking about software for the computer that would allow you to call China free....or almost free to any cell phone or home phone, and you could get a chinese phone number for your computer that would allow your family to call you like it was local. Anyone know about this????? I hope I was not just dreaming ;)

I have been looking but can not find it in the forums. I know I read it here before. I seem to remmeber someone talking about software for the computer that would allow you to call China free....or almost free to any cell phone or home phone, and you could get a chinese phone number for your computer that would allow your family to call you like it was local. Anyone know about this????? I hope I was not just dreaming :blink:

You are not dreaming, but this is not computer software. It is a VoIP service called Italkbb. I have it and love it. It is 24.95 a month. It is box which connects directly to your broadband router. It will work on DSL, but the quality is not great at times. It is best to use it with a fast broadband ISP connection. You can call US, Canada, China and over 60 countries in the world for free. You get a China access number which your family and friends can call without long distance chanrges. If you are interested, PM me and I will send you a link. It has been a blessing to have it so my wife's parents can stay in touch with home.

Edited by C4Racer (see edit history)

A Skype unlimited US subscription will cost less than 30 USD for the whole year and will allow her family (if they have a computer) to call your US phone numbers without any charges as well.

We just bought her parents a new computer and immediately put Skype on it. I purchased the subscription for them and now, their concerns about our upcoming move have been greatly alleviated. Anyway, it's a much cheaper option than italkBB and our quality has always been great. Again, this of course is assuming they have a computer/headset as well. just throwing this out there. Skype world subscriptions are also cheaper than italkBB at 12.95 USD/mo. This would allow you guys to call any phone in China (landline/mobile) or anywhere else in the world covered in the subscription service. No box to install.

http://www.skype.com/allfeatures/subscript.../uscanadaworld/

http://www.skype.com/allfeatures/subscriptions/uscanada/

EDIT:

Sometimes, I'll get a bad call connection so I'll simply hang up and call again. That always seems to solve the problem. Usually though, the connection is clear on the first try.

Edited by Kyle (see edit history)