changing name on passport?

What does my wife have to do ,getting her name changed on her passport.Her Pasport has her Chinese last name,and her 10 year green card has my last name on it.She wants it to have my last name on it.....actually she said the pasport can have the two names on it?

i just don't know,I went on the chinese consulate website,i didn't see anything about how to change the name on passport. thanks for any help.

Jimi

What does my wife have to do ,getting her name changed on her passport.Her Pasport has her Chinese last name,and her 10 year green card has my last name on it.She wants it to have my last name on it.....actually she said the pasport can have the two names on it?

i just don't know,I went on the chinese consulate website,i didn't see anything about how to change the name on passport. thanks for any help.

Jimi

She is correct. They will not change the passport for a name change. They will put a statement in one of the observation pages that reads, "The bearer of this passport is also known as (put your so's name here)." This can be done at the Chinese consulate who oversees your district.

Edited by C4Racer (see edit history)

Jimi

She is correct. They will not change the passport for a name change. They will put a statement in one of the observation pages that reads, "The bearer of this passport is also known as (put your so's name here)." This can be done at the Chinese consulate who oversees your district.

this can be done thru the mail?

Jimi

this can be done thru the mail?

No. They no longer offer mail service.

She needs to visit the consulate in person. Don't forget her green card and your marriage certificate. You can pay to have it returned via FedEx or you can pay an expedite fee and have it in two or three days. I think the expedite fee it was $30.

We traveled to San Francisco to have my wife's done and made a mini-vacation out of the trip.

Edited by C4Racer (see edit history)

Jimi

My wife had to fly to Houston for passport renewal ($60) with H-1 form and was told prior to flying there that she could fill out an H-2 (add $10) to add an "Addendum" with married name to passport and when she arrived there with two money orders ($60 + $10) she was told "no" on the addendum. Don't know why?

Jimi

My wife had to fly to Houston for passport renewal ($60) with H-1 form and was told prior to flying there that she could fill out an H-2 (add $10) to add an "Addendum" with married name to passport and when she arrived there with two money orders ($60 + $10) she was told "no" on the addendum. Don't know why?

Hmmm.....something told me this was not going to be an easy thing to do.

Jimi

Hmmm.....something told me this was not going to be an easy thing to do.

Wasn't too difficult...just expensive. $60 passport cost us about $800 for airfare, hotel, meals and taxi. And my wife did it alone! She had photos and passport done in one day (although we paid for 2 days at hotel in case all could not be done in one day).

Here is where us Floridians must go:

3417 Montrose Boulevard,Houston,Texas 77006

Phone:7135201462 Fax:7135213064

Website:http://chinahouston.org http://houston.china-consulate.org

Visa OfficeHours:9:00-11:30a.m;1:30-3:00p.m.M-F

Somewhere on this site my wife found H-1 application.

I have H-1 pdf if you need.