What's Next for My I-130 ????

From previous posts, I thought you had the entire process figured out. Glad to see your coming back down to earth.

Yes, I am back down after more and more reading, the more I realize there is much more to worry about. I do hope that I sent in all of the right information and not too much evidence, but yet enough to prove our marriage is bona fide. I guess it's a balancing act with the government. I've already started to get my I-864 information gathered. I have called and received three years of Tax transcripts, even though just a copy is suppose to be good enough, i've read a few post here where GUZ had requested "transcripts" so i might as well order them. Better to have them than not to have them. I've just filed 2009 taxes, so I'll have to just file a copy of my 2009 tax return. W2's & a letter from my employer, oh and of course a continues supply of pay stubs which will be updated every month. I realize there is much more and i am getting my "shopping list" together for that. I love lists.... I just make list and more lists to ensure i have all required Items.. But now i can only do so much and wait and wait and then when it is time "OPTIN" and get the electronic process going.. and then on to getting my wife her visa..

Sorry to bend ears here, but any and all helpful comments and guidance would greatly be appreciated.

Thank You

Dan

Seattle

• 1 month later...

From previous posts, I thought you had the entire process figured out. Glad to see your coming back down to earth.

Yes, I am back down after more and more reading, the more I realize there is much more to worry about. I do hope that I sent in all of the right information and not too much evidence, but yet enough to prove our marriage is bona fide. I guess it's a balancing act with the government. I've already started to get my I-864 information gathered. I have called and received three years of Tax transcripts, even though just a copy is suppose to be good enough, i've read a few post here where GUZ had requested "transcripts" so i might as well order them. Better to have them than not to have them. I've just filed 2009 taxes, so I'll have to just file a copy of my 2009 tax return. W2's & a letter from my employer, oh and of course a continues supply of pay stubs which will be updated every month. I realize there is much more and i am getting my "shopping list" together for that. I love lists.... I just make list and more lists to ensure i have all required Items.. But now i can only do so much and wait and wait and then when it is time "OPTIN" and get the electronic process going.. and then on to getting my wife her visa..

Sorry to bend ears here, but any and all helpful comments and guidance would greatly be appreciated.

Thank You

Dan

Seattle

Hello Dan:

It sounds like we are in the same boat. I'm petitioning for my wife and her daughter to come to California. I have lived in Xiamen China for the past 3 years but had to send all the papers (I-130) to USCIS. Now they are in California. Just waiting for them send to GUZ and give us a GUZ number so I can OPTIN for electric processing. At this time I'm also trying to get all the info together for the I-864. How along did it take to get transcripts from the IRS? I need to do that also. If you get your GUZ number before me and you OPTIN, please let me know how you did it!!!! It all still seems so very complicated to me.

Thanks

Steve & Clare