Saving Yahoo Messenger Chats

I know I have read this somewhere before but cannot find for now. Is there an easy way to save Yahoo messenger chats to CD? I know is easy for msn and others, yet have not found any other way other than cut and paste to word document. That will take hours to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Paul

I posted about this one time, about saving yahoo! chats. I haven't been to yahoo in a long time and I know it has changed considerably since then. But my wife and I chatted all the time on yahoo and I saved them all to notepad. Saving to notepad is crude and you lose all the graphics and text enhancements but it worked and it was thousands of chats I saved. I don't remember it taking too long but I still have them all.

Good luck. I hope you find a way that is suitable for you. Don't lose them! ;)

Here's the link to Yahoo Help on the subject. When you do this, it is a global copy. It will copy everything from all conversations including profiles. You cannot pick and choose what you want. It is all or nothing. Also, when you copy it on to another computer, then they lose their archives and profiles as it is replaced with yours.

Other than this method, this is no way to choose one persons chat and save them to disk without picking them out, one by one.

I posted about this one time, about saving yahoo! chats. I haven't been to yahoo in a long time and I know it has changed considerably since then. But my wife and I chatted all the time on yahoo and I saved them all to notepad. Saving to notepad is crude and you lose all the graphics and text enhancements but it worked and it was thousands of chats I saved. I don't remember it taking too long but I still have them all.

Good luck. I hope you find a way that is suitable for you. Don't lose them! :lol:

Not hard at all to do..........open up the archive, select the date and time you want, click "message" in the upper left, click save and route it to the CD. It will be in notepad form. Takes about 10-15 seconds for each date.