US Angers China...

In another blunder, the US administration has made a move that could have dire consequences for the well-being of us all...

China Warns U.S. on Plans for Arms Sales to Taiwan

Friday, January 29, 2010

BEIJING ¡ª China angrily warned the United States on Saturday that a plan to sell $6.4 billion in arms to Taiwan would seriously harm already-strained ties. One Chinese expert said the sale would give Beijing a "fair and proper reason" to accelerate weapons testing.

The U.S. is "obstinately making the wrong decision," China's Foreign Ministry said in a statement on its Web site.

It said Vice Foreign Minister He Yafei warned the U.S. Embassy that the planned sale would "cause consequences that both sides are unwilling to see" and "seriously harm U.S.-Sino relations." He urged that it be immediately canceled, it said.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,584359,00.html

Edited by ShaQuaNew (see edit history)
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taiwan is a touchy issue and has been for many years. The US should limit any sales to keep peace with China because China could easily take Taiwan. It is well in their reach. It would be like the US taking Cuba. The US has supported Taiwan all these years but peace with China should be kept first and foremost.

In another blunder, the US administration has made a move that could have dire consequences for the well-being of us all...

China Warns U.S. on Plans for Arms Sales to Taiwan

Friday, January 29, 2010

BEIJING ¡ª China angrily warned the United States on Saturday that a plan to sell $6.4 billion in arms to Taiwan would seriously harm already-strained ties. One Chinese expert said the sale would give Beijing a "fair and proper reason" to accelerate weapons testing.

The U.S. is "obstinately making the wrong decision," China's Foreign Ministry said in a statement on its Web site.

It said Vice Foreign Minister He Yafei warned the U.S. Embassy that the planned sale would "cause consequences that both sides are unwilling to see" and "seriously harm U.S.-Sino relations." He urged that it be immediately canceled, it said.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,584359,00.html

I called the lil' rabbit this morning for one of our twice daily phone sex sessions...she was watching Chinese TV and they were talking about this Taiwan mess.

Her first question was, Why American big boss go China and talk A, then go home and do B (sell Tiawan many no good)? Second question, Why America always try influence other country?

We never have and never will seriously discuss politics, China's or Uncle Sams...so we got a big laugh out of it. The fiesty lil' rabbit even told me, you go China late February you and I go to Shenyang and have divorce...people ask why have divorce?, I say, America sell many no gooda to Taiwan. :P

We talked a little more about the subject and "Eli Cur" as she calls Iraq, and then we wound up laughing it all off, and talking about more important things. Important to us, as I divorced myself a long time ago to giving more than a few seconds of thought to politics.

I can't begin to explain American policy to this dear woman...HELL, being a Vietnam vet, I'm a victim of American policy my owndamnself. :lol:

All I could tell her about this mess was...follow the money trail...all the way back to the special interest lobbyists. ;) She didn't understand, and it ain't even worth trying to understand.

I DON'T need to explain American policy to her, nor do I need to understand Chinese policy. Our leaders berate their leaders for their policy...oppps, that ol' crooked finger Uncle Sam points ALWAYS has three more pointing right back at him and around and around the money flows. :lol:

tsap seui :)

I choose to be a human being on this ol' rock we call earth

Guest Tony n Terrific

My wife today brought this up to me. She can not understand why we are doing this. I told her it all about money. The only things anymore what the US really makes here in the US is weapons of war and destruction.

Edited by Tony n Terrific (see edit history)

If your Chinese SO questions you about this sale one of the thing you might want to ask her/him is:

Why is China selling arms to Pakistan which provides training to terrorists that target us?

Yeah Sam, I'll get right on the phone and ask her that. :lol:

This whole thing is one never ending circle which I stepped outside of a f'ing long time ago. Politics is something she and I laugh at, and what I posted above was the most indepth (5 minutes worth)

that we have ever gotten...and if I can help it, EVER WILL. :lol:

I have strategically withdrawn many moons ago.

tsap seui