Ok here is what I have so far. (co-sponser files)

I am looking over my co-sponser I-134 and papers and I want to tell you all what I have and see if I am missing anything.

I have the complete I-134, I have the letter from my parents explaining why they want to act as co-sponser.

They also ask for 3 years of tax returns with all W-2's, 1099's and all schedules. For this I need to know how to proceed. I have 3 years of tax returns that were recently filed ( in November) ( my parents income is entirely tax free so they have not needed to file taxes). For the requested W-2's or 1099's I dont have them, what I do have is a notarized letter and a sworn statement from my fathers lawyer who handles the pension dispersments from his disability accounts. I think this is good to cover all of their income from his pension for verifying their social security income I have tax transcripts from 2007 and 2008.

The 2008 tax transcript is the best it has both the non-taxable income from the pension and the social securtiy income listed on it.

The 2007 transcript has only the social security income listed. My mother went to the local IRS office to talk to them yesterday and the man was very helpful. She said he told her we could wait a few weeks and maybe the nontaxable income would get inputed in to the system (it takes 8-12 weeks he said to have things show up in the system and we only filed 10 weeks ago)

Or they may never input the other income since it was for filing back tax years.

The 2006 transcripts came back as a bunch of random numbers... she will call and ask about this.

Ok now that I have told you a few of the facts here is what I am thinking of doing.

I will submit the following.

Tax year 2008 I will submit the 2008 tax transcripts since they have both the social security and the pension income listed.

Tax year 2007 I will submit the tax return and tax transcript showing the social security income and the letters from the lawyer verifying the pension payments to my father.

Tax year 2006 I will submit the tax return along with the letters from the lawyer verifying the pension income, My mother thinks she may have the 1099R sent by social security for verification, if not she will go to the social security office to ask for something to prove income for 2006.

How dose all that sound? I am thinkng 2008 is the most important year and that is the one I have the best documentation for, 2007 is almost as good, only 2006 is light on documentation and I think what I have for that can be shored up some.

Please let me know.

I really want to hear from Dan, Don and Randy, as well as anyone else who has done a co-sponser filing. All others please reply also I consider you all very very smart and I know we will get through this.

Robert

I am looking over my co-sponser I-134 and papers and I want to tell you all what I have and see if I am missing anything.

I have the complete I-134, I have the letter from my parents explaining why they want to act as co-sponser.

They also ask for 3 years of tax returns with all W-2's, 1099's and all schedules. For this I need to know how to proceed. I have 3 years of tax returns that were recently filed ( in November) ( my parents income is entirely tax free so they have not needed to file taxes). For the requested W-2's or 1099's I dont have them, what I do have is a notarized letter and a sworn statement from my fathers lawyer who handles the pension dispersments from his disability accounts. I think this is good to cover all of their income from his pension for verifying their social security income I have tax transcripts from 2007 and 2008.

The 2008 tax transcript is the best it has both the non-taxable income from the pension and the social securtiy income listed on it.

The 2007 transcript has only the social security income listed. My mother went to the local IRS office to talk to them yesterday and the man was very helpful. She said he told her we could wait a few weeks and maybe the nontaxable income would get inputed in to the system (it takes 8-12 weeks he said to have things show up in the system and we only filed 10 weeks ago)

Or they may never input the other income since it was for filing back tax years.

The 2006 transcripts came back as a bunch of random numbers... she will call and ask about this.

Ok now that I have told you a few of the facts here is what I am thinking of doing.

I will submit the following.

Tax year 2008 I will submit the 2008 tax transcripts since they have both the social security and the pension income listed.

Tax year 2007 I will submit the tax return and tax transcript showing the social security income and the letters from the lawyer verifying the pension payments to my father.

Tax year 2006 I will submit the tax return along with the letters from the lawyer verifying the pension income, My mother thinks she may have the 1099R sent by social security for verification, if not she will go to the social security office to ask for something to prove income for 2006.

How dose all that sound? I am thinkng 2008 is the most important year and that is the one I have the best documentation for, 2007 is almost as good, only 2006 is light on documentation and I think what I have for that can be shored up some.

Please let me know.

I really want to hear from Dan, Don and Randy, as well as anyone else who has done a co-sponser filing. All others please reply also I consider you all very very smart and I know we will get through this.

Robert

Robert - just a question....why don't you submit 2009 Taxes for your CO-Sponser?

Ok, before you say no....think about it....if 2006 is a problem - them bump it off with by filing the 2009. Ok, let me tell you what I did in a similar but different situation. I wanted "FRESH" tax information to get an ex wife -- off the transcript that I submitted. I filed my taxes as early as I could in Feb.....waited 6 days and mailed off the request for transcript. About 7 or 8 days later I received the transcript...and I was in Hawaii...mail takes an extra day or two! This is my experience with the west coast IRS district....not sure if it varies by region...but I suspect not by much. So what I'm telling you is make the 2006 package obsolete - you can most likely get the 2009 transcript within 2-3 weeks (fed-ex to you) but most assuredly you could have a complete....2009 tax package, including 1099's with little or no effort. Why take a chance?

Just one more thought...for the 2009. Don't you think it would be easier to get the 1099R for 2009 than it would be for 2006, since they are required by law to send by 31 Jan?

Best of Luck.

Edited by 2mike&jin (see edit history)

tax transcripts :lol: which forms should I bring to the interview exactly?

I now only have the W2 and 1040EZ with me. I wonder if 1040ez works the same as 1040 .

I also noticed some of you mentioned 1099. In what circumstance is 1099 required? My husband works in the navy, do we need that?

Tax transcipts are FREE obtained from the IRS and show what was filled, accepted and recorded in regard to declared income and taxes, they can be obtained by phone or fax, you get them in about a week and IMHO are a big plus for GUZ.

ps mods maybe all the hundreds of posts on this can be merged and pinned under "why do I need tax transcipts"

generally all that is needed at interview is 3 years of w-2's tax, 3 years transcipts and the 134(s) or 184's if CR/IR 1

Edited by Pommey (see edit history)

I think I know the answer on this one and it is that I can submit the transcripts inleu of returns and the W-2's/1099's.

It's just it asks for W-2's, 1099's and the tax returns. Just wanted to make sure when dealing with the government.

Also after filing the 2009 taxes how long do we need to wait before calling and requestion a transcript? I'm fairly sure it will be a E-file.

thanks guys.

tax transcripts :threeques: which forms should I bring to the interview exactly?

I now only have the W2 and 1040EZ with me. I wonder if 1040ez works the same as 1040 .

I also noticed some of you mentioned 1099. In what circumstance is 1099 required? My husband works in the navy, do we need that?

Tax transcipts are FREE obtained from the IRS and show what was filled, accepted and recorded in regard to declared income and taxes, they can be obtained by phone or fax, you get them in about a week and IMHO are a big plus for GUZ.

ps mods maybe all the hundreds of posts on this can be merged and pinned under "why do I need tax transcipts"

generally all that is needed at interview is 3 years of w-2's tax, 3 years transcipts and the 134(s) or 184's if CR/IR 1

you are the sponsor so that for you, if you are using co-sponsors same for them

3 years of w-2, tax transcipts and the 134's or 184's (the "s" is you you have co-sponsors)

ALL can file (maybe should file a tax return every year, even if its a big fat 0 balance) therefore can get a transcript, simple. right ?

Very good idea Mike, I will strongly consider doign that. If they do a 2009 tax return, could I just use 2009's 1099R and the letter from the lawyer or would the transcripts look better?

If they did a 2009 return, then a photocopy of the 1040 and 1099R will do.

Thanks guys for all your help.

Also after filing the 2009 taxes how long do we need to wait before calling and requestion a transcript? I'm fairly sure it will be a E-file.

My husband filed the 2009 taxes on Tuesday night, had the 1040 sent to me today.

I know for the 2007 and 2008's 1040ez , he paid around $30 for each ( if I remember correctly) and printed them out , instead of calling the IRS. I'm not sure if he got the 2009's in the same way.

Anyway, good luck. Hopefully there'll be a nice surprise for you and hui,if you're still going to the ACH tomorrow :yahoo:

Very good idea Mike, I will strongly consider doign that. If they do a 2009 tax return, could I just use 2009's 1099R and the letter from the lawyer or would the transcripts look better?

keep in mind that what 'looks' good is stable, consistent, dependable income. Their decisions are based mostly on that.

I will agree with that David.

keep in mind that what 'looks' good is stable, consistent, dependable income. Their decisions are based mostly on that.

I hate to say this, guy, but it usually sounds like you're asking what you can get away with.

Talk to Marc Ellis, please.

edit: Just saw you're other thread about the W-2's - hope that'll do the trick

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)