Mobile phone bill

Ive been talking to my chinese girlfriend everyday for about 3-4 hours. Ive asked her how the phone service is setup and she really cant explain to me. Does she recieve free incoming calls if you were to guess? I use skype and I get unlimited calling for 6 hours a day. So its 13 bucks a month for me. I would hate for her to pay a suprising amount when the bill is due.

She has china mobile I think? Anyone care to take a guess at this?

when I called my then fiancee now wife, she was on China Mobile and she was using pre-paid, i think most people use pre-paid in China, it doesn't cost much to receive the call from the US, she can double check from China Mobile, my wife spends about $150 RMB every month and we talk about 5-6 hours a day.

Oh thanks for the input, it seems a lot of the countries in asia besides Japan have a pre-paid sim card deal you can buy at any store pretty much.

I plan to get one of those cards for my phone soon as I arrive in the country.

I have China Mobile. My wife has China Unicom. Incoming calls are free. Received test messages are 1 mao. Thats 1/10 of a Yuan(RMB)

That's 'jiao' ½Ç. A 'fen' is 1/100th, but you won't see very many of those.

edit: I take it back it's either

The basic unit is the yuan (also known as "kuai"), which equals 10 jiao (or "mao"), which is then divided into 10 fen.
Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

Oh thanks for the input, it seems a lot of the countries in asia besides Japan have a pre-paid sim card deal you can buy at any store pretty much.

I plan to get one of those cards for my phone soon as I arrive in the country.

make sure your phone is unlocked...

It is, is a Palm 750 by cingular, taken it all over asia, very convienient.