Blue.......Stupid Blue

Really sorry to hear this Robert. Like everyone has said, its a delay and not a denial. You will overcome it. Enjoy your time together and try not to let this put too much of a damper on your trip (easier said than done). Maybe a short side trip or two to get out of Guz for a day or so and then be ready to hit ACH on Monday. Good luck.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Robert,

No matter what the out come on Monday. I think you are doing the right thing. Think of it this way. If you did nothing at all. Then it would be in your thoughts all the time. I know there would not be a second thought for me. I do wish you both the best of luck. Just remember this is just a delay. Enjoy all the time that you get to spend with Hui. In the end you will be together.

Michael

very sorry to hear your blue, but please do whatever you are required by GUZ at 110% level to satisfy them, submit your response only when you have everything ready (110%).

GUZ will not accept your documents in ACH.

don't forget still to enjoy your time there, you will get your PINK soon.

Good luck and I am curious to find out why they did not take the co-sponser's documents at the beginning.

GUZ many more times than not will ABSOLUTELY NOT take anything you offer, unasked for.

Robert's girl friend's case is very similar to the way they generally do business. You offer them "A" at your interview they refuse to take it then, but they don't mind giving you a blue slip asking for "A", KNOWING that you had it at the interview. It happens over and over again...at least on the few years I've read Candle, and gotten PM's from lurkers asking for help.

I am in NO WAY a supporter of the DOS, but I have to say...up above in his post chilton747 brought up a good point...they may well be stalling... to look at who knows what else.

Robert was in Guangzhou in plenty of time to go to a pre-interview ACH, he even asked for directions from the Yangs. I can only assume he went and part of his talk with a VO was to inform and ask questions about his having a co-sponsor, and to get the fact that he was there for her interview put into her computer record. The interviewing VO should have already known about a co-sponsor. Who knows the voodoo

that they do?

That's where ACH does it's real work for a couple. After the fact you will get stone walled by the VO's, and they won't take a damned thing.

We all hope Robert quickly sends in the evidence and his lady walks away from her "call in letter" to GUZ again, with a big smile. :ph34r:

tsap seui

Hey Buddy, sorry to hear about the blue. I recommend that you go to the ACH, and ask the VO why they would not accept the I-134 for your parents. That was an error on the VO's part. Then offer to give the VO the papers. If you are refused, then ask to speak to the Chief of Immigrant Visa Section. That is the VO's boss. Be polite but insistent, and don't leave the window until you talk with the Chief.

Remember that there is a new IV Chief there now, and VO's have been overridden in the recent past.

Mostly, just hang in there. At least you just got a blue which you can overcome if the IV Chief does not help you.

Hey Buddy, sorry to hear about the blue. I recommend that you go to the ACH, and ask the VO why they would not accept the I-134 for your parents. That was an error on the VO's part. Then offer to give the VO the papers. If you are refused, then ask to speak to the Chief of Immigrant Visa Section. That is the VO's boss. Be polite but insistent, and don't leave the window until you talk with the Chief.

Remember that there is a new IV Chief there now, and VO's have been overridden in the recent past.

Mostly, just hang in there. At least you just got a blue which you can overcome if the IV Chief does not help you.

Listen to Stepbrow. I was there when he stormed the tower and lived to tell the tale! :)

I am really sorry to hear about your bad outcome, it sucks!

Did they give you any prior hint/notice that your income was not up to their standard?

I turned in my I-864 to the NVC back in October and have not heard anything about it yet. I think I'll take my 2009 income info to the interview with us, just in case.

Best of luck to you next week, Robert.

That's ridiculous, but business as usual at GUZ i suppose.

In a situation like that, i wouldn't take no for an answer. If you have the money and the time, i would recommend going to the next ACH. Don't even waste your time with the VO there. Immediately insist on a supervisor.

That's :bullshit:

Hi Robert,

Sorry to hear about your blue slip. I know you will overcome it soon and you and Hui will be together sooner than you know!!!

Keep positive, and keep cool. You will get there and victory will be even sweeter!