B2 people get in here

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep hearing that the government wants to see the chinese person has at least $10,000 in the bank. She doesnt have that much. So what would happen if I transfered like $8,000 to her until her interview is over.

They want to see a bank statement but will they be suspicious where she got all that money from when her paychecks are not that great? Could she just say its a gift from her boyfriend? Also would it be suspicious if I transfered it right before the interview (giving enough time for the money to clear obviously) or should I do it now a couple of months before the potential interview? Or am I just wasting time trying to do this transfer?

I keep hearing that the government wants to see the chinese person has at least $10,000 in the bank. She doesnt have that much. So what would happen if I transfered like $8,000 to her until her interview is over.

They want to see a bank statement but will they be suspicious where she got all that money from when her paychecks are not that great? Could she just say its a gift from her boyfriend? Also would it be suspicious if I transfered it right before the interview (giving enough time for the money to clear obviously) or should I do it now a couple of months before the potential interview? Or am I just wasting time trying to do this transfer?

I know that government workers are not that smart. I was one for 32 years but it would not take to much smarts to see through this one. One look at when the money was deposited lump sum would be enough for me to know there was a snake in this woodpile.

Larry

Having some savings would help but it is just one part of the puzzle. They want convincing evidence she will return to

China. Focus on that, loading her bank account would do more harm than good.

When my wife applied for her first B-2 visa, she didn't offer any itemized banking statement which listed her deposits/withdraws by date. Instead she gave a print out from her Merchant bank account stating how much money was in her account. Again, itemized transactions on the account were not listed. In addition to this formal looking document, they put a freeze on her account which kept her from withdrawing money until after she returned to China (which means any transferred money to her account couldn't be withdrawn until after your fiance's return to China).

I'll try to look through our past documents and see if I can find it. If I can, I'll upload it (redact some information) to give you an idea of what we successfully used.

Edited by Kyle (see edit history)

When my wife applied for her first B-2 visa, she didn't offer any itemized banking statement which listed her deposits/withdraws by date. Instead she gave a print out from her Merchant bank account stating how much money was in her account. Again, itemized transactions on the account were not listed. In addition to this formal looking document, they put a freeze on her account which kept her from withdrawing money until after she returned to China (which means any transferred money to her account couldn't be withdrawn until after your fiance's return to China).

I'll try to look through our past documents and see if I can find it. If I can, I'll upload it (redact some information) to give you an idea of what we successfully used.

I would appreciate it, that would be great. B) Also, I dont mind if they freeze the money until she gets back.

I had a couple of ideas. First, the letter from her employer should just state that he is aware of her planned trip to the US. Also, it should state the standard things like date of hire, length of employment, type of work, etc. I don't think that by stating that she will return would be of any benefit.

Second, you should prepare an itinerary for her visit. When she would arrive, when she will depart, the air carrier, what things you will do each day, which places you will visit, who you will see, etc.

Turbo, In my opinion you are overlooking the most important factor.

Guanxi, I know you are trying to do everything yourself and the legal way but you are in China. Guanxi is EVERYTHING in China, as I am sure you already know, if there is enough guanxi everything is possible. Won't her boss help her? If you want the desired results and you want them right now.

I can tell you this my wife did not provide bank account information or any thing else. She talked to her boss and provided her personal information and he took care of the rest. All she had to do was pick up her passport and visa when it was ready. Then again he did have some very strong guanxi ties both in China and America. She got her passport and the visa in it in less than 2 weeks.

Talk to him about it.

Larry

Edit: I am not talking political stand here but the fact is that with the several heavy hitting political issues that have taken place in the recent past and not so distant past these issue might affect the amount of B2 visas that are being issued with guanxi and without guanxi. Just my two cents worth. As I have said before the B2 seemed to be a little easier to get lately but now I don't know.

Edited by amberjack1234 (see edit history)

WoW!... after reading this thread, things must have really changed for a Chinese citizen to get a B2 so easy. That's great news! Several years ago, it was impossible. I remember in 2001, my wife stood in a long line under the swealtering sun for hours in Shanghai only to get a big, fat rejection stamp in the back of her passport. It broke her spirit. She said she was in a daze after that, just looking down the street deciding on what she was going to do.

I'm glad it is easy now. Good luck!

Wow, 6 month B2 visa!!!

Heck, that's all we'd need for the lil' rabbit to see America and then we'd go back and live large in Chinertucky.

I don't need to make no stinkin' IR-1 attempt, just let the girl come over for a 6 month visit...HOTDAWG!!!!

Where's the gal'dang applications???

tsap seui

WoW!... after reading this thread, things must have really changed for a Chinese citizen to get a B2 so easy. That's great news! Several years ago, it was impossible. I remember in 2001, my wife stood in a long line under the swealtering sun for hours in Shanghai only to get a big, fat rejection stamp in the back of her passport. It broke her spirit. She said she was in a daze after that, just looking down the street deciding on what she was going to do.

Woah!! If I have given the impression that a B2 visa is easy to get for everyone I am sorry. THEY ARE NOT. It was just easy for my wife as her boss had a lot of connections So Turbo's wife's boss may have this kind of connections too. She will have to talk to him. A lot depends on whether the boss has helped many in the past obtain B2 visas and if they all returned to China when they were suppose to. My wife's boss sponsored many young girls for a B2 and got them approved and ever one of them returned when they were suppose to. As you B2 know visas for young girls under 35 are usually very hard to get because most of them will not return to China.

I have a friend on another web site that had his wife apply for a B2 visa to take her to see his parents in the Us. He worked in China as a teacher. She was refused the first time. On advice from others she reapplied just before Christmas. Many, including myself, told him that she probably would not get it approved. In two weeks she was approved for a B2. Some of the other teachers reported that the B2's had for some reason become easier to get recently.

By-the-way my wife got her B2 visa in October 2000.

Larry

Woah!! If I have given the impression that a B2 visa is easy to get for everyone I am sorry. THEY ARE NOT. It was just easy for my wife as her boss had a lot of connections So Turbo's wife's boss may have this kind of connections too. She will have to talk to him. A lot depends on whether the boss has helped many in the past obtain B2 visas and if they all returned to China when they were suppose to. My wife's boss sponsored many young girls for a B2 and got them approved and ever one of them returned when they were suppose to. As you B2 know visas for young girls under 35 are usually very hard to get because most of them will not return to China.

I have a friend on another web site that had his wife apply for a B2 visa to take her to see his parents in the Us. He worked in China as a teacher. She was refused the first time. On advice from others she reapplied just before Christmas. Many, including myself, told him that she probably would not get it approved. In two weeks she was approved for a B2. Some of the other teachers reported that the B2's had for some reason become easier to get recently.

By-the-way my wife got her B2 visa in October 2000.

Larry

There's plenty of threads addressing the impossibilty of obtaining the B2 on this site. Back in 2002, 2003 and onward, obtaining a B2 was unheard of. I'm just surprised to hear how much more easier it is to get one now. This thread is the first I've heard of it. Thank you. :)

Back several years ago, when someone asked about getting the visa, the replies were saying things like, -never happen, forget it, easier to swim across, etc. Those were typically the replies. And they were true back then. It seems things have slackened up. That's good news! Again, good luck to you all who are taking that route!...