Propane stove top & hood from China

I'm building the wife a new kitchen. Our existing stove has gotta go! However, a high BTU stove & hood costs about $5500 here. I'm wondering if I'd do better getting the wife to send one back from China while she is there.

Our cooking fuel is propane.

I do not think that the electricity or fuel will be a problem, however the fittings & pressure regulators may be.

Anyone have experience with this?

TIA!

I'm building the wife a new kitchen. Our existing stove has gotta go! However, a high BTU stove & hood costs about $5500 here. I'm wondering if I'd do better getting the wife to send one back from China while she is there.

Our cooking fuel is propane.

I do not think that the electricity or fuel will be a problem, however the fittings & pressure regulators may be.

Anyone have experience with this?

TIA!

I'll get you a picture in a little bit - we just did some re-routing of the (gas) plumbing yesterday to put the shower on a separate tank from the stove. Looks as American (non-metric) as apple pie to me, but wouldn't you only need to worry about the connection to the stove?

Rule of thumb:

Big ass stainless steel hood

Hurricane fan that will suck the air out of your lungs if you stand too close

Hot as hell fire capable of melting steel

Burner holders shaped to hold a Wok

I jes must be lucky. The lil' mail order bride makes me food to die for on a hot plate (and quick too) with a regular hood fan. I told her to get a stove when she was designin' the home but she said no needa. Mebbe she ain't Chinese :P I'll have to look closer to the stamp on her tiny mail order hiney. :D

tsap seui

Rule of thumb:

I jes must be lucky. The lil' mail order bride makes me food to die for on a hot plate (and quick too) with a regular hood fan. I told her to get a stove when she was designin' the home but she said no needa. Mebbe she ain't Chinese :lol: I'll have to look closer to the stamp on her tiny mail order hiney. :blink:

tsap seui

Sometimes those "Made in China" stamps are small. You may need good reading glasses to read the stamp.

Rule of thumb:

I jes must be lucky. The lil' mail order bride makes me food to die for on a hot plate (and quick too) with a regular hood fan. I told her to get a stove when she was designin' the home but she said no needa. Mebbe she ain't Chinese :P I'll have to look closer to the stamp on her tiny mail order hiney. :blink:

tsap seui

Sometimes those "Made in China" stamps are small. You may need good reading glasses to read the stamp.

Yessir, you are a man after my own heart, and the fact is, it often takes lots of gropin' around, over and over countless times, to even find that lil' stamp. ;)

tsap seui

Depending on how large of BTU burners you require here is a company that maybe able to help you. I was looking to buy a 36" wide stove and ran across this company. Also try good old Sears too.

http://www.lpappliances.com/p36sealed.html

Most commerical stoves are not made to go in a home and if your house catches fire because of the stove your insurance will not cover the claim, just something to think about.

The metric and English fittings, for the most part, are interchangeable (I installed a pressure gauge on a 100 psi metric fuel injection system).

I don't know if this picture helps, but here it is!

http://i45.tinypic.com/258pco0.jpg

Thanks everyone for the help.

Yes, I am looking for blow torch burners. Later today, a commercial restaurant sales guy is going to give me a quote for a commercial hood w/fire suppression and tempered makeup air.

With the cost of these commercial hoods, we might stick with what we have.

Of course, we might get a break buying from China if the shipping doesn't crush us.