Which cell phone carrier in US supports Chinese text messaging?

I just bought my first iPhone, it's a 3GS; I can receive Chinese character text messages from my wife in China, and I can input Chinese characters on my phone, but when I send texts to her using them she doesn't receive them. I'm in the US and have AT&T. I still have to use Pinyin to send texts to her.

Any ideas? I'm not sure what her cell phone company in China is.

In the past, my fiancee had no trouble sending me English or pinyin text (my phone does not support Chinese). I'm with T-Mobile and she is with China Mobile. However, earlier this year, she obtained a new phone. For a while, hit was hit or miss if I could receive her texts that were either readable or looked like HTML characters. In recent months, I haven't been able to get a text from her at all. She has always been able to receive texts from me and she still can.

For my Blackberry, I had to download an overseas version (Germany, Singapore, Hong Kong??) of the Blackberry OS which supported the Chinese characters.

You might search the Internet for info about your particular cell phone with Chinese characters (say, in my case "Blackberry Chinese"). I found mine through a Blackberry forum.

For my Blackberry, I had to download an overseas version (Germany, Singapore, Hong Kong??) of the Blackberry OS which supported the Chinese characters.

You might search the Internet for info about your particular cell phone with Chinese characters (say, in my case "Blackberry Chinese"). I found mine through a Blackberry forum.

Also check on your carrier to be sure.

We use t-mobile.....area of coverage is not that great, but it ain't too good for any other carriers either(we live in a rural area)...but our phones are nokias from china and have language options of chinese or english...all texts are fully chinese and immediate...love the chinese/english translator on them too...comes in handy very often.