K1 second time

This is the impression she got from the VO. The VO officer mention my white beard in a negative way as near as I can figure.

I know exactly what you're talking about. my fiance got the same impression from the Chinese woman VO. she seem to have extreme prejudice over my age and the photo we presented. the VO just kept " shaking her head" while looking over the photos and did not ask any question about the pics. she kept asking my fiance if her parents have any problem with me being so old. I am only 37 and most people think I am at my late 20s.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the impression she got from the VO. The VO officer mention my white beard in a negative way as near as I can figure.

You will probably find that you will be learning more details about what happened as time goes on. I was still finding out things about the interview 2 years after we got white.

If you do not speak Chinese and your SO does not speak English then details of the interview can be very sketchy at best.

You will probably find that you will be learning more details about what happened as time goes on. I was still finding out things about the interview 2 years after we got white.

If you do not speak Chinese and your SO does not speak English then details of the interview can be very sketchy at best.

I seem to learn more details ever day or so. With the language difference, it does take a couple of chat sessions to get a better idea of the details. I use the Yahoo translater for the difficult chat sessions.

Similar when trying to communicate with people here. I took a stray dog to the dog pound. The lady there wanted to know my 911 number. Took a minute or so to figure out that she wanted my home address.

I dont think age matters i am 32 years older than my wife, but I did bring this up with the VO at ACH and we got an easy pink for our K1 only 4 questions

Congrats on getting a PINK. I think age did not matter to your VO at that given day, at that given hour.

I seem to learn more details ever day or so. With the language difference, it does take a couple of chat sessions to get a better idea of the details.

Even with Yahoo translator, you will be missing a lot. No matter how confident you are that you understand, you will be missing things.

May I suggest that you find a person that is bilingual to talk to your SO and get the details.

In order to file the CR1, you need to have the utmost confidence about what happened at the interview, before you file so you can address it with the new petition. It is very important you do this accurately so when the USCIS approves the new petition, it serves as a rebuttal to GZ's findings. GZ will have to look for something new to deny you again.

Good luck!!

I seem to learn more details ever day or so. With the language difference, it does take a couple of chat sessions to get a better idea of the details.

Even with Yahoo translator, you will be missing a lot. No matter how confident you are that you understand, you will be missing things.

May I suggest that you find a person that is bilingual to talk to your SO and get the details.

In order to file the CR1, you need to have the utmost confidence about what happened at the interview, before you file so you can address it with the new petition. It is very important you do this accurately so when the USCIS approves the new petition, it serves as a rebuttal to GZ's findings. GZ will have to look for something new to deny you again.

Good luck!!

We do miss alot in translations, but I ask the same questions several days and different ways. I ask her, "was the VO a man or a woman". Her answer was "yes".