K1 second time

I DO believe the one question did it. Days before the interview, my SO talked about she was going shopping to buy something to put on here Mother's headstone, since 27 December, 2006 was the anniversary of her Mother's passing away. At that moment I knew the Interview was in Trouble. I told her that her Mother had passed away in November 2007. 2007 is on the document. We had talked about this months ago, when she did not remember the date. I showed her a picture of the headstone, but no date on the stone. I DO believe if I am not with her at least a week before the next Interview to coach her, failure will be the outcome. The problem I have now is try to get an Interview date other than the Hot months. I would not survive the heat. I had a couple of difficult warm days in April there. Could not breath. Hanging in there. Bob..... :P ..

It takes next to nothing to get a white slip, anyone at any time could get one for the most minor thing...as you guys have seen. :lol: IT's all about luck. ;)

Hang in there Bob, you have many people that were in your shoes and they achieved their goals...it's all about time now.

tsap seui

Yes, Luck of getting a positive or negative VO has alot to do with the outcome in many cases. In my case, just lack of preparation just before the Interview.

I really think you are putting to much of the blame on yourself,, we are all human and make mistakes. I am pretty sure your SO did the best she could do as well as yourself,, Man dont let this thing beat you up..Hang in there

I do put the blame on myself. In order to have success next time, I must figure what the weak points were on this interview, what weak points may develop next interview, and how to prepare for next time.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can tell you what I did and maybe it can help. I may be repeating some of the things so please forgive me for that.

1. We started practicing interview questions after NOA1 and after NOA2 we practiced every morning and evening.

2. I kept track here and on VJ what questions were being currently asked.

3. I tought her to listen to key words because there is more then one way a question can be asked.

4. I told her to make sure the VO can see the ring on her finger.

5. I told her when at the interview she should look the VO in the eye. I think this has more to do with American culture when we talk and Chinese culture when they talk to some one with authority.

6. If a question is asked in Chinese she should repond in english.

7. If she does not understand something ask for a translation.

8. I had other people(male and female) ask her interview questions so she got a flavor of various accents.

9. I mentally prepared her for the Blue and the White. I told her she will get a visa if not now then 6 montsh from now and I will be with her no matter what. I think it helped her relax.

After all this I think what clinched it for us was my going to ACH and talking with the VO of potential red flags with our case.

The VO gave me a very strong hint that we should have no problems.

She was asked about 3/4 questions and only one was asked in English and she answered everything in English. IMO answering in English proves that you can communicate.

Hope my rant helps others. I can only imagine what you must be going thru now.

Hang in there buddy.

After receiving a denial, has anyone just started all over with the K1 again, rather that the CR1? Looks like different forms, but basic information all over again with the CR.

Yep I too would consider CR-1.

K-1:

I-129F: $455

Consulate: $131 (Soon to be $350)

Adjustment Of Status: $1010 I-485

($1596 ~ $1815)

CR-1:

I-130: $355

NVC I-864: $70

NVC Visa fee: $400 ($355+$45)

($825)

Since CR-1 gets green-card on entry to the USA there is NO AOS ($1010 FEE)

Correct if you are there at the time of denial if not add around $1500 to CR-1 for additional airfare flying/staying there to get married.

K-1 $1815

CR-1 $2600 (approx)

While that is true on a certain level, a K1 will most likely end up visiting at some point if they re-file... or else another white should be expected.

Maybe we should point out if people waited to time their CR-1 visa issue for 2 year point (IR-1), they would also save money on removal of conditions.

After receiving a denial, has anyone just started all over with the K1 again, rather that the CR1? Looks like different forms, but basic information all over again with the CR.

K-1:

($1596 ~ $1815)

CR-1:

($825)

Correct if you are there at the time of denial if not add around $1500 to CR-1 for additional airfare flying/staying there to get married.

K-1 $1815

CR-1 $2600 (approx)

While that is true on a certain level, a K1 will most likely end up visiting at some point if they re-file... or else another white should be expected.

Maybe we should point out if people waited to time their CR-1 visa issue for 2 year point (IR-1), they would also save money on removal of conditions.

if another visit after refile true for K-1 why not for CR-1?

point being just taking revists before refile CR-1 IS MORE EXPENSIVE IN REALITY.wherether you revisit after refiling was not the point.

so CR-1 still remains long term more expensive

Edited by Pommey (see edit history)

K-1:

($1596 ~ $1815)

CR-1:

($825)

K-1 $1815

CR-1 $2600 (approx)

In either case it is a GOOD thing to visit China a few times to show a relationship, so the airfare is NOT a factor.

if another visit after refile true for K-1 why not for CR-1?

so CR-1 still remains long term more expensive

??? Does not compute in my book.

CR-1 is NOT more expensive than a K-1, K-1 is THE MOST EXPENSIVE route considering Adjustment of status. I will leave out removal of conditions which a K-1 WILL do, but in the case of CR-1 MAY NOT be a factor if marriage is more than 2 years old at time of Immigrant visa issuance OR at time of first entry to the USA using the immigrant visa.

K-1:

($1596 ~ $1815)

CR-1:

($825)

K-1 $1815

CR-1 $2600 (approx)

In either case it is a GOOD thing to visit China a few times to show a relationship, so the airfare is NOT a factor.

I'm just answeing your fiscal argument, not that many think or did 1 visit/2 visits and got visa or not, it fiscal after initial denial, K-1 refile refile does not need you to go over over to marry, correct.

If we accept visits after refile and/or being there for interview are of no value after refile, then K-1 Saves you money over CR-1.

Edited by Pommey (see edit history)

K-1:

($1596 ~ $1815)

CR-1:

($825)

K-1 $1815

CR-1 $2600 (approx)

I'm just answeing your fiscal argument, not that many think or did 1 visit/2 visits and got visa or not, it fiscal after initial denial, K-1 refile refile does not need you to go over over to marry, correct.

If we accept visits after refile and/or being there for interview are of no value after refile, then K-1 Saves you money over CR-1.

If I were to refile tomorrow with a K1 again, another trip to China would not be required according to rules, "Must have met in person within the past 2 years". But since the VO does not have to go by any rules, a white slip would be issued again. So in my next trip, February, I get married, and then file CR1, March. 1 more trip after that would would not be necessary I would think, but a good idea to do, but if the interview was in a summer month, a trip would be impossible. Anyone have a guess at what month would be the best choice to apply CR1 in order to get an interview after the summer months?...........

You can nitpick yourself to death trying to figure out what went wrong, and what does that get you? Nothing, it just drives you nuts. If you don't have any big red flags, I think that the ConOffs focus on the main things that show your commitment to each other.

Focus on two things: things that show your commitment, and things that show her commitment.

Assuming that your kitchen sink is in order, and you have lots of communication evidence. I think your biggest weakness is that you need to visit her more. That could have been the big reason for the white with only one visit. You should plan at least one more trip after February. That would give you a total of three trips. Also, I think in one post that you mentioned that you were a little close to the income limit. If that is the case, get a cosponsor, or get another job.

For her, and with you help, I would do lots of interview prep. Re-read Sam's post on his wife's prep. I thought it was excellent.

So in my next trip, February, I get married, and then file CR1, March. 1 more trip after that would would not be necessary I would think, but a good idea to do, but if the interview was in a summer month, a trip would be impossible. Anyone have a guess at what month would be the best choice to apply CR1 in order to get an interview after the summer months?

if you file in march, it would definitely be after summer (2010), or are you concerned about summer 2011?

You should be able to beat the latter summer anyways.

You can nitpick yourself to death trying to figure out what went wrong, and what does that get you? Nothing, it just drives you nuts. If you don't have any big red flags, I think that the ConOffs focus on the main things that show your commitment to each other.

Focus on two things: things that show your commitment, and things that show her commitment.

Assuming that your kitchen sink is in order, and you have lots of communication evidence. I think your biggest weakness is that you need to visit her more. That could have been the big reason for the white with only one visit. You should plan at least one more trip after February. That would give you a total of three trips. Also, I think in one post that you mentioned that you were a little close to the income limit. If that is the case, get a cosponsor, or get another job.

For her, and with you help, I would do lots of interview prep. Re-read Sam's post on his wife's prep. I thought it was excellent.

If I do not figure what went wrong, then applying again would be a waste of time. Kitchen sink I believe is in order. I spent alot of hours on it, read every post regarding sink information. 1 visit may be a weakness but not a red flag. I see some with 4 and 5 trips get white, some with 1 get pink. Income is close, but have very much in assets, maybe a weakness but not a red flag. Lack of Interview prep, is a bright red flag for sure. I am always looking for others prep and questions ask, as the interview are always changing.

So in my next trip, February, I get married, and then file CR1, March. 1 more trip after that would would not be necessary I would think, but a good idea to do, but if the interview was in a summer month, a trip would be impossible. Anyone have a guess at what month would be the best choice to apply CR1 in order to get an interview after the summer months?

if you file in march, it would definitely be after summer (2010), or are you concerned about summer 2011?

You should be able to beat the latter summer anyways.

My K1 took 7 months. I have no idea how long a CR1 take. I seen some go in 5 months, and some go 12 months.

I have no idea how long a CR1 take. I seen some go in 5 months, and some go 12 months.

My CR1 took 16 months. You are right, no one knows how long it takes.

This is why I considered filing K1 again. If I applied K1 today, would possible have an interview in 8 months. If I applied for CR1, would have interview who know when. :huh:

I have no idea how long a CR1 take. I seen some go in 5 months, and some go 12 months.

My CR1 took 16 months. You are right, no one knows how long it takes.

This is why I considered filing K1 again. If I applied K1 today, would possible have an interview in 8 months. If I applied for CR1, would have interview who know when. :blink:

Hey Bob,, My K1 was also 7 months, But who can tell how long it will be this time,, this really makes you think , I rather have my girl here sooner than later,, but with everything we did they should have already been here anyway. We just keep on trying, Good Luck.. TK