Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving to all Candle members.

My dear Ping is a little frustrated at not being needed for her awesome culinary talents: the assignment my mother gave her was to cook rice and snow peas. Ping has got this look on her face, this question look, rice???, only rice? About like telling Julia Child to bring sauteed onions. Her snow peas turn out very excellent but there is nothing to it, just boil a little bit, add a little salt, cool, and serve. She is disappointed that she did not have a chance to make one of her fantastic dishes. I have had to explain to her again and again about the magnitude of food there is going to be there, with mom cooking and three sisters bringing their specialties. Oh, I'm so hungry!!! But I can't wait to see the look on the faces of Ping and daughter Jing-jing when they see their first American Thanksgiving dinner.

Happy Thanksgiving to all Candle members. 

My dear Ping is a little frustrated at not being needed for her awesome culinary talents:  the assignment my mother gave her was to cook rice and snow peas.  Ping has got this look on her face, this question look, rice???, only rice?  About like telling Julia Child to bring sauteed onions.  Her snow peas turn out very excellent but there is nothing to it, just boil a little bit, add a little salt, cool, and serve.  She is disappointed that she did not have a chance to make one of her fantastic dishes.  I have had to explain to her again and again about the magnitude of food there is going to be there, with mom cooking and three sisters bringing their specialties.  Oh, I'm so hungry!!!  But I can't wait to see the look on the faces of Ping and daughter Jing-jing when they see their first American Thanksgiving dinner.

I am sure Ping will enjoy her first Thanksgiving feast as much or more than you Robert. I hope you and your family have a great time together.

But....I am really looking forward to tomorrow. :)

For Candle members who do not know, Robert and Ping live only a couple of hours away from us and tomorrow we are going down to their home for an After Thanksgiving feast, prepared by his lovely wife Ping. Li, with all her various pregnancy related cravings, is already salivating at the thought of Ping's authentic Chinese cooking.

So am I!

:D B)

And Robert has promised me that there will be no fish head soup. Last thing I want to see is a catfish staring up at me out of a bowl. :o

I have been informed, however, that Pig's Ear is on the menu. :)

Seriously, this is one of the most valuable aspects of Candle. We have established so many nice friendships that will last a lifetime. It is a blessing for certain.

See ya tomorrow Robert! :D

Same here....Happy Thanksgiving everybody! Last year was frozen lasagna and beer. This year will be totally Chinese with friends here at the house. Something different for all. The kid is disappointed about not having turkey, but he scored yesterday at school.

I am very grateful this year for so many things...I'm sure you all feel the same.

http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/verkleidung/costumed-smiley-051.gif

Guest blsqueaky

Also from me, everyone, Happy Thanksgiving. For me, another on the road, truck stop food, but I have to admit, it is getting better and better every year. Next year Paige will be hear, and she can try it, oh heck, I will make sure that I am home for the day, and to the cooking my self.