Has anyone hand-delivered their P3?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest blsqueaky

I also am interested in this. I am wondering if my wife can just hand deliver her papers to the consulate, especially since she live a 5 minute walk from there.

I know that she can not get past the guards at the entrance, but can she hand walk and have them sign a receipt.

Guest Long_strider

I hand delivered the P-3 papers to the U.S. Consulate. I was visiting GZ and as an American Citizen was allowed to go insider on a Tuesday afternoon.

The clerk took the papers, but stated that he could not give a receipt.

So now the problem began....After three months of waiting, they could not find the papers. I ended up having to fax a copy and also send a copy via express mail. This created a long delay.

Only my experience...others may be more lucky hand delivering than we were.

Mi

After my orginal post asking this question I found a place in the FAQ section of the GZ consulate site that says you CAN NOT hand deliver P3 documents. I was there last weekend, P3 in hand, and waited an extra day to get to a place where we could send it by EMS. I feel a little more secure having that EMS reciept in my hot little hands. ...Not that I don't trust GZ but, really, I don't trust GZ. :rolleyes:

Rob, I just hope your interview date would come at the earliest possible time.

After my Congresswoman's letter to GZ Consulate, they did kept their promise. They promised that they will process my case as early as it allows. From P3 to P4, it was exactly a little of 2 months.

I hope it will be the same case for you Rob. I still keep reminding myself that I can't stop the fight until she is here with me. :lol:

I find this most interesting that the US Consolate can't deal with carrying in the applications.

However, I can understand why from my experience in Moscow.

I went in to inquire if there was anything that could be done with my application that I had thought was "approved" by BCIS, but still hadn't had an interview scheduled.

Well, I went to the US Side of the Embassy. They hardly knew anything about the visa application process and couldn't give me any useful information. They couldn't even give me any names of people to talk to.

I should have tried the "Russian" side of the Embassy, but I was so frustrated that I left.

If the people in the embassy hardly know what office exist, I can hardly imagine interoffice memos.

----- Clifford ------