Blue slip today Dec 21, 2009

Rick

Hi all,

Could anyone give any input to our blue slip in terms of how to provide the documents Guz requested:

* Provide as much evidence of correspondence that you can that demonstrates the development of your relationship, from initial stages until the current date. Examples include letters, remittance slips, e-mails, and chat sessions.

--We don't use email nor letters because we mostly communicate by phone. I am not sure what to give them.

* A detailed statement, written by the petitioner, describing the evolution of your relationship. Be sure to, at the very least, explain how you met, when you started dating, and how, when and why you became engaged.

--I think this is the letter of evolution

* A statement, written by the petitioner, listing every trip s/he has taken to China to visit you and explain how you spent your time together. Include dates and locations. Explain who arranged his/her trip China, purchased his/her tickets and who accompanied him/her.

* Submit the plane tickets your petitioner used to visit you. As applicable, submit travel agency documents. Who paid for the plane tickets? Show evidence of this, such as a credit card statement or bank statements with the relevant withdrawals highlighted.

* Photots of your wedding ceremony or celebration. If you did not celebrate, or you celebrated but didn't take photos, submit a credible explanation.

--We didn't celebrate. The reason was her relatives are mostly out to work in other towns. (Is this a a credible explanation?)

Please help. Thank you,

Ricky

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm that all sounds like stuff that would have been turned in witht he K-1 application.

Just give em what they ask for.

Check back on this post often we willhelp you break it down and orginaize it for them.

Start with your letter, Just write a letter talking about how you met and the trips you took to see her. Tell am about what you did on the trips and if you have ehtme send the photos showing you at those places.

Robert

Hi all,

Could anyone give any input to our blue slip in terms of how to provide the documents Guz requested:

* Provide as much evidence of correspondence that you can that demonstrates the development of your relationship, from initial stages until the current date. Examples include letters, remittance slips, e-mails, and chat sessions.

--We don't use email nor letters because we mostly communicate by phone. I am not sure what to give them.

* A detailed statement, written by the petitioner, describing the evolution of your relationship. Be sure to, at the very least, explain how you met, when you started dating, and how, when and why you became engaged.

* A statement, written by the petitioner, listing every trip s/he has taken to China to visit you and explain how you spent your time together. Include dates and locations. Explain who arranged his/her trip China, purchased his/her tickets and who accompanied him/her.

* Submit the plane tickets your petitioner used to visit you. As applicable, submit travel agency documents. Who paid for the plane tickets? Show evidence of this, such as a credit card statement or bank statements with the relevant withdrawals highlighted.

* Photots of your wedding ceremony or celebration. If you did not celebrate, or you celebrated but didn't take photos, submit a credible explanation.

--We didn't celebrate. The reason was her relatives are mostly out to work in other towns. (Is this a a credible explanation?)

Please help. Thank you,

Ricky

Actually these are some of my questions:

- Does it matter who bought my flight tickets? (My father paid for the ticket for my first trip; and I paid my own ticket for my second trip...Any problem?)

- Is there a problem if we don't send each other mail or email? (Reasons are that mails I sent to her got lost and they have to be registered mail in order to get to her, in which it is too expensive...Reasons we don't send each other email because she doesn't have internet access. )

- Is it not good if we didn't have a wedding ceremony?

Any opinion would be good...I am trying to prepare this perfect.

Thanks,

Ricky

Hi all,

Please help. Thank you,

Ricky

- Does it matter who bought my flight tickets? (My father paid for the ticket for my first trip; and I paid my own ticket for my second trip...Any problem?)

- Is there a problem if we don't send each other mail or email? (Reasons are that mails I sent to her got lost and they have to be registered mail in order to get to her, in which it is too expensive...Reasons we don't send each other email because she doesn't have internet access. )

Thanks,

Ricky

Usually when they ask for who bought they plane tickets they are concerned that you were paid to make the trip and want to make sure that the beneficiary didn't buy them. I would get a visa or bank statement copy from your father and explain why he bought it for you.

In short give them what they ask for. Break it down piece by piece and be thorough. The evolution of relationship letter is fairly common. I think some of the others can give you some examples.

Without mail or email they are curious as to how you maintained the relationship during the wait. How did you communicate during that time? If by phone give them call records or receipts for phone cards. If you didn't have a wedding ceremony explain why.

the fact you got a blue slip is in your favor. You have a chance to over come the denial in China. Be careful with what you submit. Give them exactly what they are asking for. Put yourself in the VO's shoes, Your sweet heart came to the interview without much evidence of relationship. No call records, no emails, no chat transcripts, no plane ticket receipts, no photos etc etc etc. You're lucky you didn't get a white slip.

Hi all,

Please help. Thank you,

Ricky

Thanks,

Ricky

Usually when they ask for who bought they plane tickets they are concerned that you were paid to make the trip and want to make sure that the beneficiary didn't buy them. I would get a visa or bank statement copy from your father and explain why he bought it for you.

In short give them what they ask for. Break it down piece by piece and be thorough. The evolution of relationship letter is fairly common. I think some of the others can give you some examples.

Without mail or email they are curious as to how you maintained the relationship during the wait. How did you communicate during that time? If by phone give them call records or receipts for phone cards. If you didn't have a wedding ceremony explain why.

the fact you got a blue slip is in your favor. You have a chance to over come the denial in China. Be careful with what you submit. Give them exactly what they are asking for. Put yourself in the VO's shoes, Your sweet heart came to the interview without much evidence of relationship. No call records, no emails, no chat transcripts, no plane ticket receipts, no photos etc etc etc. You're lucky you didn't get a white slip.

Actually, my wife had everything they asked at the interview (except those plane ticket bills she doesn't have), but she said the VO doesn't want to look at them. My wife even offered the VO our letter of evolution at the time she gives him her passport. And now he is requesting one after the interview.

Regarding to phone records, there is another spot to mark for phone records saying "Records of telephone contact made by the petitioner or you verifying the caller's name, address, telephone number, as well as the length of each call and the receiver's phone number. Do not submit calling cards as proof, unless you have an itemized list of calls made using those cards. Provide as many bills from the course of your relationship as possible. Highlight pertinent calls." Since they have another spot for phone records, I am not sure if it is appropriate to give phone record for my case.

Also, does blue slip usually have a great chance to overcome? I hope they won't give us white after I submit those stuff.

Thanks again.

Ricky

I am sorry to hear about your blue slip. Others have offered good advice, and it sounds like a simple overcome, as long as you can get them what they need. Good luck on your overcome, and let us know how it goes!

Thank you...

what bother me now is that we only have 1 mail and no email, but we got all phone records. I am not sure what to do for that.

I am sorry to hear about your blue slip. Others have offered good advice, and it sounds like a simple overcome, as long as you can get them what they need. Good luck on your overcome, and let us know how it goes!

Thank you...

what bother me now is that we only have 1 mail and no email, but we got all phone records. I am not sure what to do for that.

I would show them the one mail you have, and submit all of the other requested evidence. I would address the issue that you have told us, that you do not communicate via internet because she has none, and show the phone records. Also address that you have sent her mail but it was lost. Try to show as much evidence as possible, and beef it up by adding more of the pictures and other things they requested.

Thank you...

I would show them the one mail you have, and submit all of the other requested evidence. I would address the issue that you have told us, that you do not communicate via internet because she has none, and show the phone records. Also address that you have sent her mail but it was lost. Try to show as much evidence as possible, and beef it up by adding more of the pictures and other things they requested.

When I send them the letter, I assume the photocopy of the letter itself and its envelope should be good enough? The letter is in chinese. I think i could do the translation with that one statement added to it right? They don't need my original letter right? Correct me if I am wrong. Thanks

Ricky

Email is a good one, especially if you can both write in Chinese as well as English. Internet cafe's are all over China, so sending regular email or better yet, screen capturing video conference sessions is good.

I don't think they ever asked me how I paid for airline tickets. I just kept boarding passes in my name, train tickets, etc., etc.

Pictures are great too with different clothes, locations, dates, especially in different areas of China.

Phone calls can be tracked by calling cards that record call from/too, date, duration or by your normal phone records showing outgoing calls to China phone numbers.

Don't worry about the blue. We got a blue slip for past Communist Party Membership and it delayed us 6+ months, but it was overcome.

Hi all,

Please help. Thank you,

Ricky

So far everyone has given you great advice on how to overcome the Blue Slip. You're lucky-a year ago this would probably have been a White Slip. Read their requested items carefully and give them exactly what they are asking for-and anything that can't be provided for whatever reason, explain it to them as you've explained it here. Have your written statements notarized, if at all possible.

It's not unusual that the gal has the items at the time of the interview but the VO refuses to look at the evidence then and there. Even though this is a delay it is a better turn of events for you because you now have the time to add to and organize your submissions. Be methodical as you go down that list of requested evidence, and everything will turn out fine!

Good Luck!

Thank you...

When I send them the letter, I assume the photocopy of the letter itself and its envelope should be good enough? The letter is in chinese. I think i could do the translation with that one statement added to it right? They don't need my original letter right? Correct me if I am wrong. Thanks

Ricky

If it were me, I would want to submit a copy, but I would also have the original on hand just in case. I know you probably wouldn't want to give up the one letter that got to her, but if they want it, you should probably just give it to them. You can do the translation yourself. There were a few documents that I personally translated and wrote at the bottom that I certify I am able to read and write the Chinese/Japanese and English languages and that the translation is a true translation of the above document.