amazing timeline

I was reading some posts on another websites and saw this timeline. I am truly dumbfounded. Only 4 months from start to finish. Sure wish I lived in Vermont and Bing lived in London

08/14/2003 Sent I-129F application to Vermont Service Center

08/15/2003 Application received

08/20/2003 NOA1

09/16/2003 NOA2

09/25/2003 NVC receives our file

09/30/2003 NVC approval

10/11/2003 Steve receives Packet 3

10/15/2003 Steve receives his Police Certificate

10/17/2003 Steve mails Packet 3 to London!

12/03/2003 INTERVIEW DATE!

Ummm, they had to wait that long?

Here is another one on K1K3.com (London)

6/11/2003 Submitted 129F to VSC

8/19/2003 Approved VSC

8/27/2003 Left NVC

8/29/2003 Received by Consulate

(8/4/2003) Sent P3

8/29/2003 Interview Date & Received Visa

2.5 MONTHS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, here is another one from London:

1/14/2003 Submitted I-129F to VSC

2/4/2003 Approved VSC

2/4/2003 Received by Consulate

2/13/2003 Received P3

2/18/2003 Sent P3

2/25/2002 Received P4

3/27/2003 Interview and Visa

2.5 MONTHS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I WAITED TWICE THAT LONG TO GET MY APPLICATION THROUGH NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER, A BIG CHUNK OF THAT AGAIN GETTING THE APPLICATION THROUGH NVC, AND IT NOW HAS BEEN SITTING IN MOSCOW FOR LONGER THAN THE ENTIRE TIME FROM START TO FINISH TO GET A VISA IN ENGLAND.

Oh, and looking at the BCIS Statistics:

K1/K2 Visas Last Year:

United Kingdom. . . 1058

Russia. . . . . . . . . .1999

China . . . . . . . . . .2252

K3/K4 Visas Issued Last Year:

UK. . . . . . . . . . . . .83

Russia. . . . . . . . . 100

China . . . . . . . . . 437

Population (1996)

China:. . 1,232,080,000

USA:. . . . .265,450,000

Russia:. . . 147,740,000

UK . . . . . . .58,780,000

K1-K4 Visas per million citizens

China . . . . . 2.1

Russia . . . . 14.2

UK . . . . . . .19.4

Over the last year I have observed that there are numerous places a time line can hit a snag. Sometimes it is like with warpedandbored, at the initial Service Center while waiting for NOA2. Other times the process bogs down with NVC and, more often than not GZ. The process has changed a great deal since we went through. For what its worth though, I'll give you a synopsis of an old-timers time line:

NOA 1: November 23, 2001

NOA 2: February 15, 2002

Case Received in GZ: April 2, 2002

P3: May 10 2002

P4: July 10 2002

Interview: August 20, 2002 (received the famous "white slip"

Visa Issued: March 10, 2003

It should be noted that we sent our initial paperwork into NSC in late September and did not receive 1st NOA for almost two months. Go figure. After that, they processed it pretty fast. 84 days between first and second NOA. Then six weeks for the petition to make it to GZ. The a mailing foul-up on GZ part but finally received P3. From P3 to interview was relatively fast, 3 months, 10 days. Then, ah then, the seven months in the Black Hole. :rolleyes:

These dates are intended to illustrate that each case seems to be unique. The timeline I have posted was similar to many Black Hole cases. From what I can see of the new process, it does move a little faster but the potential for a snafu exists each step on the way. From what I have seen recently, if you finally get P3, you are in the shute for an interview before too long.

Hope this comparisons helps in some way. Best wishes for speedy processing to all of you.

NOA 1: November 23, 2001

NOA 2: February 15, 2002

Case Received in GZ: April 2, 2002

P3: May 10 2002

P4: July 10 2002

Interview: August 20, 2002 (received the famous "white slip"

Visa Issued: March 10, 2003

Mick,

There is absolutely no excuse for the 7 month delay between the interview and the Visa in your case and many others. :D :D

However, from looking at your timeline, what becomes quite obvious is that if GZ had actually mailed your P3 to you, then you likely would have gotten your visa in a mere 8 months, even with going through NSC. That would have been like greased lightening!!! :P Oops, sorry, I guess I misread your timeline....... That was 10 months from the time sending in your packet to the interview. At this point, I would welcome an interview within 10 months, but I guess that is somewhat more mediocre of a wait.

I think NSC is usually quickly doing the initial data entry and sending out the NOA1, but then they put the application on a shelf for 5 months or so before reading it.

Somehow, since last fall, an additional 4 months or so has been added to the process for many of us. I am now looking at a mininum of a 13 month timeline.... And I still have no end in sight. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if it reaches 14 or more months. (yes, I am one of the last holdouts in the frozen pits of the north, soon to be so covered with ice that nothing will escape for months!!!! :angry" )

I wouldn't be surprised to see an occasional post black-hole timeline that takes MORE overall time than many of the black-hole applications.

----- Clifford ------

I dont understand why your case is taking so long either Clifford. I know one person whos timeline is only a few weeks ahead of mine who's fiance'e is in Russia. He zipped through NVC in 22 days and already has an interview date for mid january. I have read many similar timelines.

You are so right Clifford. That one little snafu of mailing our P3 to my stateside address landed us in the netherworld of the Black Hole. Ten months would have been great and that's a fact. I really hope you don't have such a long wait as 13 to 14 months. But I can easily understand your fears. Don was not an official Black Holer either, but his case took 17 months as I recall. And you think my situation was tough, you should have seen Owen's. It was a tragic comedy of errors all the way. If I am not mistaken, his timeline was around two years. :D :D

I dont understand why your case is taking so long either Clifford.  I know one person whos timeline is only a few weeks ahead of mine who's fiance'e is in Russia.  He zipped through NVC in 22 days and already has an interview date for mid january.  I have read many similar timelines.

Carl,

It is obvious what is happening to my case. I am getting the "Individual Treatment" :o

Each case is treated individually, which is why some applicants may already have interview dates out of numerical order. Please rest assured that Ms. XXXXX's [irina's] application is not lost in the shuffle, it's undergoing additional administrative processing.  

Due to the complexity of the procedure and the volume of cases, it is not possible to predict when this particular case will be completed.

Hmmm,

Now, if I only knew what "Additional Administrative Processing" really meant????? I have been stuck in Administrative Processing for 3 months!!!! :o

I guess I should feel thankful they recognize having received my application (Unlike GZ that refuses to acknowledge the applications).

Hmmm, I am now wondering if organizing our first "Date" so that Irina and I met in the Istanbul Airport, then toured Egypt together for a week and a half was a bad idea??????????? As far as I know, she has absolutely nothing else that is at all remarkable in her history. She hadn't even been to Moscow before meeting me.

----- Clifford ------

You are so right Clifford. That one little snafu of mailing our P3 to my stateside address landed us in the netherworld of the Black Hole. Ten months would have been great and that's a fact. I really hope you don't have such a long wait as 13 to 14 months. But I can easily understand your fears. Don was not an official Black Holer either, but his case took 17 months as I recall. And you think my situation was tough, you should have seen Owen's. It was a tragic comedy of errors all the way. If I am not mistaken, his timeline was around two years. :o  :)

Am I reading these posts right??? From our best guesstimate our paperwork... affidavit of support and the biographical data form part 1 won't get to GZ until mid feb which will be the one year mark :o. As of today we are waiting for the bio which we hope to get by dec 10th... we should have gotten it hmm about 1 month ago.. but they say they never recieved the check and fee bill in St.Louis, funny it was sent out a week after the fee bill for the affidavit of support???

So than it will be the GZ shuffle or delay which will push us on to the 1 year and waiting list.. but it will just be the P4 from them so maybe???? it will be quick???

coz we are thinking 2 to 5 months for the interview and visa...

Am I reading these posts right??? From our best guesstimate our paperwork... affidavit of support and the biographical data form part 1 won't get to GZ until mid feb which will be the one year mark :(. As of today we are waiting for the bio which we hope to get by dec 10th... we should have gotten it hmm about 1 month ago.. but they say they never recieved the check and fee bill in St.Louis, funny it was sent out a week after the fee bill for the affidavit of support???

So than it will be the GZ shuffle or delay which will push us on to the 1 year and waiting list.. but it will just be the P4 from them so maybe???? it will be quick???

coz we are thinking 2 to 5 months for the interview and visa...

Hypoclear,

I am a bit confused with your post / Timeline.

GZ seems to be processing the K1/K3 applications from NVC in about a month or so now and sending out the P3. Of course, it is unclear if they will be able to maintain that pace. You respond with the OF167 and DS-230 (I think). They should be able to be sent out immediately. Then they schedule the interview 1-2 months later with the P4. You will ned the police report, Affidavit of Support, & etc only for the interview.

Thus, if all goes well, you could get your interview from GZ in about 3-4 months after your application arrives there.

Mick and crew had a special case that they got all the way to the interview only to be told that there would be additional delays (for 7 months) after that. GZ is not supposed to have the post-interview delay anymore (unless they request additional information like support info from you).

However, Moscow may be delaying the issuance of the visa after the interview in some cases.

I believe that Moscow uses a combined P3/P4. However, I am now 1 week short of 11 months of processing. They are now scheduling the interviews for late January, and thus I am pretty sure that it will be at least 13 months before things finish up with my app. But, at this pace, I am now thinking it may be 14 months!!!! (Valentine's Day)?????? :wub:

----- Clifford ------