Visa Delivery for Non-Chinese Citizen

I will send my P3 soon and wait for my interview. I am not Chinese and my passport is the only ID I have when I am in China. Though in theory I can wait for the delivery of the visa at my Beijing home, I can not get back to BJ without passport (can not take flight) after the interview in Guangzhou. What can I do? Can I take train without ID?

Many Thanks for your help.

Safari

Usually your passport after a successful interview will be ready for pickup (at the post office in Guangzhou) three days after a visa is granted. What most people do is wait unit it is ready, pick it up, and then head out.

If you don't want to wait, then yes, you can purchase train tickets without a passport. If you plan to go this route, I would highly suggest making photo copies of both your passport bio page and current Chinese visa before traveling.

Although a passport isn't needed to purchase tickets, a police officer at any time and request to see your identification. This happened to me, when my wife and I were in Guangzhou for her interview (which is why I suggest making copies). If it was me, I'd probably wait in GUZ until you have your passport in hand.

Edited by Kyle (see edit history)

At this time the consulate cannot send it to you in Beijing. It can be picked up a few days after the interview at a post office near the consulate.

Unfortunately, the Post Office will not provide mail service outside Guangdong province at this time. Applicants from outside Guangdong province should arrange to pick up their visas at the Junyuan Post Office (directions to this post office will be provided to you by the China Post service counter).
http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/visa_issuance.htmm

At this time the consulate cannot send it to you in Beijing. It can be picked up a few days after the interview at a post office near the consulate.

Unfortunately, the Post Office will not provide mail service outside Guangdong province at this time. Applicants from outside Guangdong province should arrange to pick up their visas at the Junyuan Post Office (directions to this post office will be provided to you by the China Post service counter).
http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/visa_issuance.htmm

Actually, they can mail to Beijing

It's in the FAQ section under "After Interview" first answer. I was confused by this as well. Don't know why they don't keep all pertinent information in the same place.

The Consulate strongly encourages you not to buy your tickets or make travel plans until after your visa has been approved. The Consulate cannot guarantee that your visa will be approved at the original interview and will not be responsible for the consequences of your decision to buy a non-refundable plane ticket. Once your visa has been approved, you will need to make arrangements with China Post to either pick up or have your visa mailed to you (but please note--this service is currently only an option if you live in Guangdong Province or in the city of Beijing, Shanghai, Fuzhou, Changle, Nanjing, Wenzhou, Tianjin, Shenyang and Changchun). Passports are typically available for pick-up within 3 business days after the interview. For more information on courier delivery for immigrant visas, please click here.

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/iv_faqs.html#A1

Edited by Kyle (see edit history)