Papers sent to Chicago

You wait for USCIS to send receipt notice NOA-1 then wait for approval NOA-2, hopefuly there will be no RFE from USCIS.

Afrer NOA-2 and USCIS will send to NVC, to then opt in for electronic email processing at NVC for CR-1 visa read the thread pinned at the top of this forum.

• 3 weeks later...

You wait for USCIS to send receipt notice NOA-1 then wait for approval NOA-2, hopefuly there will be no RFE from USCIS.

Afrer NOA-2 and USCIS will send to NVC, to then opt in for electronic email processing at NVC for CR-1 visa read the thread pinned at the top of this forum.

How long does it take to get the NOA-1 notice? After the NOA-1 notice is received, where does the USCIS send my papers and then how long to get the NOA-2 notice?

We got the I-797C, which is I guess the NOA-1 notice.

This is what is on the notice:

The receipt # for XXXXX is WAC-XX-XXX-XXXXX, case type: 1-130-Petition for Alien Relative, recpt of payment of $355.00.

The receipt # for XX XXXXXX is WAC-XX-XXX-XXXXX, case type: 1-130-Petition for Alien Relative, recpt of payment of $355.00.

QUESTION:

With the three letters in front of the numbers being "WAC" does this mean the papers have been sent to the California Service Center or will the papers go the a different office?

What is the next step for the paper trail?I have signed up for ¡°case status online¡± and so far it shows our paper work is in the "Initial Review" status.

Thanks

Steve

We got the I-797C, which is I guess the NOA-1 notice.

This is what is on the notice:

The receipt # for XXXXX is WAC-XX-XXX-XXXXX, case type: 1-130-Petition for Alien Relative, recpt of payment of $355.00.

The receipt # for XX XXXXXX is WAC-XX-XXX-XXXXX, case type: 1-130-Petition for Alien Relative, recpt of payment of $355.00.

QUESTION:

With the three letters in front of the numbers being "WAC" does this mean the papers have been sent to the California Service Center or will the papers go the a different office?

What is the next step for the paper trail?I have signed up for ¡°case status online¡± and so far it shows our paper work is in the "Initial Review" status.

Thanks

Steve

Yes WAC = California, EAC = Vermont. Typically USCIS decides which center will handle by where you live.