How many pictures do you bring to interview?

Hi all,

I am still preparing all the paper works for my wife's interview. We have printed about 50 pictures for both of my trips to china. Pictures show variety of the places we went and with her family/relatives members. I just want to see you guys opinion if that's enough? Or does the number of pictures matter in the interview? Thanks.

Ricky

Bring enough so that you can adequately prove your relationship is genuine. For some, it'll take more to do so than others. Some advice.

1. They care more about family pictures than they do with just the two of you.

2. Wedding photos are equally important. Make sure you provide at least one wedding photo of the two of you looking directly at the camera.

3. Make sure your photos vary in place and time (should be several changes of clothes).

EDIT:

We did not use a photo album as most of them are too large to fit through the window your wife will have her interview at. We glued pictures to regular printer paper (one side only, one page 2 pictures with printed captions. Captions were formatted like mm/yyyy - who is in picture, where the picture was taken) We put all of these loose papers into a clear document report holder (the one that has the plastic spine that you slide down after placing all of your pages in the clear cover). We had two books - around 20 pages per book.

Edited by Kyle (see edit history)

We used one of those flexible type photo albums that you can buy at Wal Mart. We filled one up, so that was about 80 pictures. We had pictures that were from when we first met (before we even started going out), through our life in Japan, marriage, and life in China. We included only about 15-20 pictures of just us, those were from the wedding and a few dates, etc. The rest had family in the pictures, including my hubby and I with my family only, with his family only, and with our entire family together. We also had some pictures with mutual friends, including the friends who wrote the afidavit saying we were in a relationship. We had a lot of pictures that showed we had traveled around China and Japan together.

One thing that we did not do, which most others recommend, is label them. We did not put dates or names or places on ours. The VO looked at our pictures, but I think they just like to look at them, and in our case, it was pretty much for fun.

Like others have said, the amount of pictures you have depends on what works best for you.

Finally, I will add, make sure your pictures are "kosher", which I am sure you already knew. For example, we did NOT include pictures of us at the bar after more than a few drinks, etc. :D Those pics are best left for laughing together with your spouse hehe.

We used one of those flexible type photo albums that you can buy at Wal Mart. We filled one up, so that was about 80 pictures. We had pictures that were from when we first met (before we even started going out), through our life in Japan, marriage, and life in China. We included only about 15-20 pictures of just us, those were from the wedding and a few dates, etc. The rest had family in the pictures, including my hubby and I with my family only, with his family only, and with our entire family together. We also had some pictures with mutual friends, including the friends who wrote the afidavit saying we were in a relationship. We had a lot of pictures that showed we had traveled around China and Japan together.

One thing that we did not do, which most others recommend, is label them. We did not put dates or names or places on ours. The VO looked at our pictures, but I think they just like to look at them, and in our case, it was pretty much for fun.

Like others have said, the amount of pictures you have depends on what works best for you.

Finally, I will add, make sure your pictures are "kosher", which I am sure you already knew. For example, we did NOT include pictures of us at the bar after more than a few drinks, etc. :D Those pics are best left for laughing together with your spouse hehe.

We had several pictures of Me chatting with her and her mother and father and my co workers and her and my kids and her and got my mother and her.

We had several pictures of Me chatting with her and her mother and father and my co workers and her and my kids and her and got my mother and her.

This is always good to do - especially if you haven't been able to make many trips to China. Lightscreen is a useful program to achieve this - much better than the Vista or W7 included version.

http://lightscreen.sourceforge.net/