Take a look at this letter. ( what do you think)

Robert,

Do not give them ANYTHING extra to test her on. I agree with others that you just need to give them some emails and chat logs and phone records if you have them. Na can speak about 15 words of english and she got her visa. Still waiting for her to return from GUZ so I can post about the interview.

You speak Chinese?

I can say hello and I love yo in chinese :P

Rookies!

Tell your SO a Chinese girl said this to you:

Ni neng Shang Lian He Wo Yi Qi Chi Wan Fan Ma?

Ask her how you should respond.

I would love to know what that means ;)

Ask Na she will TRANSLATE it for yiou ;)

How much trouble are yo trying to get me into here :ph34r:

About the same as steping in a bear trap, probably.

Robert,

Do not give them ANYTHING extra to test her on. I agree with others that you just need to give them some emails and chat logs and phone records if you have them. Na can speak about 15 words of english and she got her visa. Still waiting for her to return from GUZ so I can post about the interview.

You speak Chinese?

I can say hello and I love yo in chinese :P

Rookies!

I would love to know what that means ;)

Ask Na she will TRANSLATE it for yiou ;)

How much trouble are yo trying to get me into here :ph34r:

About the same as steping in a bear trap, probably.

Guys dont jump to any conclusions.

If your SO knows that another Chinese girl asked you that she will know you are a prize catch. ;)

You can cover some of that stuff in your EOR, but I would not make a separate letter for this.

I would advise you to get a friend to help with proofreading your EOR, because your letter above was a little too informal (and full of typos). We all make mistakes when writing our own material and it's a lot harder to see them when you're the original author. That said, I would not post your actual EOR on CFL, because you want your EOR to be from your heart, not ours.

Your EOR could look something like this (probably a lot longer, and with a lot more details. I just grabbed some dates from your timeline and went with that!).

Dear Consular Officer,

I would first like to thank you for your assistance with Hui and my visa case. Hui is a very special woman in my life, and I would like to take a few moments to explain why with this letter.

Hui and I first met online on 12/17/2008. Soon thereafter, on 1/1/2009, we began using MSN messenger to chat most everyday. As time went on, our interest in one another grew, and we began to have feelings for one another soon enough. These feelings blossomed into love in due time. Soon, we were talking with one another for two to three hours everyday.

(

details about:

* all your trips to China

* what you did while you were there

* how you met her family and friends

* how you knew you were in love the moment you connected in person for the first time

* how heartbroken you were to leave her behind when you returned to the US

* your communication habits, how often do you talk, and how?

* gifts you've sent and received to/from her

)

I have since returned home again to the US. Hui and I still talk everyday, and we look forward to the day we can be together again. We continue to mark our birthdays and holidays with cards and gifts. Our one year "anniversary" is coming soon and I've already bought her a (necklace/ring/bonzai tree/skateboard) to celebrate the date. We've included a few of the shipping labels for you to have a look, too.

As I write you this letter in mid-December, I want to re-affirm my feelings for Hui and my desire to marry her within 90 days of her arrival in the US. My whole family is excited to meet the woman they have heard so much about.

Thank you again for your kind attention.

Respectfully,

Robert (your last name)

(signed) (dated) (notarized -- don't sign and date it until you're with the notary, ideally you are able to return to China and do this in person at the consulate in Guz)

You can cover some of that stuff in your EOR, but I would not make a separate letter for this.

I would advise you to get a friend to help with proofreading your EOR, because your letter above was a little too informal (and full of typos). We all make mistakes when writing our own material and it's a lot harder to see them when you're the original author. That said, I would not post your actual EOR on CFL, because you want your EOR to be from your heart, not ours.

Your EOR could look something like this (probably a lot longer, and with a lot more details. I just grabbed some dates from your timeline and went with that!).

Dear Consular Officer,

I would first like to thank you for your assistance with Hui and my visa case. Hui is a very special woman in my life, and I would like to take a few moments to explain why with this letter.

Hui and I first met online on 12/17/2008. Soon thereafter, on 1/1/2009, we began using MSN messenger to chat most everyday. As time went on, our interest in one another grew, and we began to have feelings for one another soon enough. These feelings blossomed into love in due time. Soon, we were talking with one another for two to three hours everyday.

(

details about:

* all your trips to China

* what you did while you were there

* how you met her family and friends

* how you knew you were in love the moment you connected in person for the first time

* how heartbroken you were to leave her behind when you returned to the US

* your communication habits, how often do you talk, and how?

* gifts you've sent and received to/from her

)

I have since returned home again to the US. Hui and I still talk everyday, and we look forward to the day we can be together again. We continue to mark our birthdays and holidays with cards and gifts. Our one year "anniversary" is coming soon and I've already bought her a (necklace/ring/bonzai tree/skateboard) to celebrate the date. We've included a few of the shipping labels for you to have a look, too.

As I write you this letter in mid-December, I want to re-affirm my feelings for Hui and my desire to marry her within 90 days of her arrival in the US. My whole family is excited to meet the woman they have heard so much about.

Thank you again for your kind attention.

Respectfully,

Robert (your last name)

(signed) (dated) (notarized -- don't sign and date it until you're with the notary, ideally you are able to return to China and do this in person at the consulate in Guz)

OMG!!!! Your dating Hui also!..... Im crushed!.......................................................Oh wait yoou signed it Robert...... Is you name Robert to?

Just Kidding, that is a impressive letter. I may steal some of it. thank you for the reply

Robert

I would probably just submit an EOR letter and have documentation showing how you guys have already communicated (chat records/phone records, emails, etc). I tend to agree that submitting a separate letter could open up a whole can of worms (which may not be good - depending on her English, or your Chinese language ability).

Edited by Kyle (see edit history)

It is three paragraphs into this before you even say anything. Words simply take up the VO's time. You don't need to say "I want to tell you" - just tell it.

Or not - I tend to vote with the others who say this is not necessary. You are telling the VO what he should see by looking at the emails and logs.

A letter like this tends to sound like excuses and may open doors for the VO to question your relationship.

Don't do it.

Hello Visa Officer, I really hope you are having a good day...:D

Here I am again trying to put my thoughts ands feelings in to words so you understand something about Hui and I's relationship.

I want to first quickly tell you how Hui and I talk to each other. We don't use the phone very often because we use MSN the chat every day. I am sure we are not the first people you have encountered who use MSN. We chat everyday for 2-3 hours on the webcam. We can talk and see eachother and it makes being apart a little easyier. I have included many pages from threw out the months we have been chatting for you to look at and we can print out the 1100+ pages of chat logs if they are needed.

Now the first few months we talked by MSN Hui and I typed most of our chat along with speaking to eachother. Now I do 90% of the typing to her because she can speak the answers to most of the things I ask her back to me in English. Now I am not saying her english is perfect but she has learned so much and we have very little trouble comunicating. If I run in to a word Hui dose not understand me speaking I just type it on the translator or in the MSN chat window and she can read the words in English and she knows what I am saying.

I have also included many of the Emails we send each other. A note on the E-mails, I don't have all of the E-mails from the 1st few months Hui and I were chatting as I did not know I would need them in the future so I deleted them. Once I saw they could be asked for in the K-1 process I started to save them and I recovered the one's I could.

This is it so far what do you think?

Robert

Robert,

You speak Chinese?

I can say hello and I love yo in chinese :ph34r:

Rookies!

I would love to know what that means :ph34r:

Ask Na she will TRANSLATE it for yiou :ph34r:

How much trouble are yo trying to get me into here :rolleyes:

Not that I think he is trying to pull the wool over your eyes, but you are a BRAVE MAN to say something to Na that you don't know what it is, LOLOL!

Remember...bob and weave! It's harder for Na to hit a moving target!! :ph34r: