It's PINK

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's great! It's a good feeling isn't it? Congratulations to you both.

Congrats we both are very happy for you both. :lol: :lol: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Michael

7/1/2007 Met Fengjie online

12/21/07 Traveled to China to meet Fengjie

2/29/08 K 1 I 129F sent in by lawyer

3/20/08 NOA1

7/17/08 NOA2

7/21/08 NVC IN

7/29/08 NVC OUT

11/23/08 P3 Received

12/17/08 Interview

12/17/08 Denied

2/3/09 Left for China

2/11/09 Married

2/24/09 I 130 sent by lawyer

3/05/09 I 130 NOA1

7/01/09 I 130 Approved

7/20/09 I 130 NVC Received

8/04/09 IV AOS I -864 Paid

8/04/09 IV bill Paid

8/06/09 IV & AOS cover sheet bar code available

8/19/09 DS-230 & AOS sent

9/03/09 DS-230 Part one line 30 error

9/03/09 GUZ P3 Supplement not sent

9/16/09 DS-230 & GUZ P3 Supplement sent in.

9/26/09 Case completed at NVC

9/30/09 NVC OUT

CONGRATULATIONS

:toot: :lol: :lol: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :toot:

Today is a great day! Eagles won, Robert got pink and so did we, LOL. If all goes according to plan, Joey will be here on the 17th, just in time for Christmas (and some Christmas deals on clothes shopping) :D

Thanks to one and all! I'll finish the interview writeup and post it soon.

Our nightmare is over.... :P

CONGRATULATIONS

:toot: :lol: :lol: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :toot:

Today is a great day! Eagles won, Robert got pink and so did we, LOL. If all goes according to plan, Joey will be here on the 17th, just in time for Christmas (and some Christmas deals on clothes shopping) :D

Thanks to one and all! I'll finish the interview writeup and post it soon.

Our nightmare is over.... :P

Here's the rundown on the interview:

The interview ran about 10-15 minutes. When Joey went to the window the VO had a Chinese girl interpreter there already-same as they did for our K-1. (Joey told them at the K-1 that she could speak 'a little bit' of English and they automatically conducted the interview in Chinese). This time they asked her if she could speak English and she told him 'Yes, I speak English" so the VO sent the girl away. The VO was a young guy, about 30. He was very pleasant and smiled a lot at Joey's answers.

-(Joey) Hello Good Morning, How are you? VO replied 'Hello, I am fine, and you?'

-Can you speak English? Yes, I speak English

-When did you meet your husband? February 2, 2007

-What is Warren's job? He works at the XXX Post Office, his job is XXX

-How many times has Warren come to China? 2 times

-When was the first time? June 8, 2007

-When was the 2nd time? May 5th, 2009

-How long did he stay each time? 2 weeks the first time and 3 weeks the second time.

-Can I see your email communications? Yes, here they are... (We had a ton of them)

-Can I see the 2009 emails? Yes, here they are, I have more if you want them

-Did you write the emails yourself? Yes

-Do you understand all that is in the emails? Yes, most of the time, but if I don't understand I use a pocket translator. I don't use it much anymore.

-VO smiles at that

-Can I see your pictures? Yes, here you are, and I have more if you want to see them.

-Oh, you like Harley-Davidson motorcycles? Yes (She was wearing a Harley jacket we bought at the Hong Kong dealership in May when we were married)

-Do you have one? No, but my husband does

-VO smiles

-Congratulations, you get the visa!

Joey then did what I told her to do, to ask him if her fingerprints were ok and if all of her documents were in order for him to issue the visa. The VO told her, "Everything is ok for you to get your visa."

I believe that the VO was looking closely at Joey's ability to speak English, which I also believe was suspect to them at the K-1 interview. They never allowed her to speak English at the K-1, they just went with Chinese and they also had an interpreter there right from the start of the K-1, just as they did this time. I think Joey's English ability really surprised the VO, as her ability has REALLY grown even since last year.