She's been gone a month

griz326

The wife returned to China November 8th. She did okay getting there and is now back at work. The wife and daughter beat me up pretty badly with demands for my attention throughout October-November, so I've appreciated the alone time. I'm still not into the I can't wait 'til she gets back mode, but there's a piece of me missing.

My mood has turned pretty dark with the state of the economy, layoff prospects at work and my wife gone. Hopefully it won't be as tough as I fear.

It has been a long time since American families commonly needed to separate for survival. Of course, time of war and merchant seaman jobs are an exception. 5 months - 3 weeks separation is not recommended for relationship building.

Edited by griz326 (see edit history)

The wife returned to China November 8th. She did okay getting there and is now back at work. The wife and daughter beat me up pretty badly with demands for my attention throughout October-November, so I've appreciated the alone time. I'm still not into the I can't wait 'til she gets back mode, but there's a piece of me missing.

My mood has turned pretty dark with the state of the economy, layoff prospects at work and my wife gone. Hopefully it won't be as tough as I fear.

It has been a long time since American families commonly needed to separate for survival. Of course, time of war and merchant seaman jobs are an exception. 5 months - 3 weeks separation is not recommended for relationship building.

What ever you just said good luck.

Hang in there. My hours were severely cut back at work (think 35 to less than 20) so I know how it feels. The anxiety can overwhelm you if you let it. With all of my off time, I have been looking for a new job and also since my hubby works 3 jobs, we did think of working in separate locations. It's a tough decision, but I think the love that we have between our spouses is a stronger love than most. I know your love will help you pull through. Keep your chin up, I'm rooting for you :ph34r: