Today was two weeks since NOA-2 so I figured it was time to give NVC a call and make sure they got my petition and get a number. After listening to elevator music for twenty minutes I get cut off. Call back listen to another thirty minutes and get cut off again. Now it may have been my breath but I did brush my teeth this morning and I'm wearing deodorant, honest. I read on the family advocacy group of people with Russian fiance'es having their petitions sent to Moscow in as little as two weeks so I am hoping I may be as lucky. I'm not holding my bad breath though mind you.

Carl

I always called them first thing in the morning (around 8:45a EST or 9:00a EST). I can't remember what day specifically. When I was at your point, I started calling them once a week. Keep in mind that they only really have two or three canned responses ("your case is pending" "your case has been forwarded" "your case requires further security checks"...) and can't really give you more information than that.. Good luck!

my experience has been the same....i have only tried once to call, and i got through on the first time after holding for MAYBE 2 mins...but probably not THAT long....so call early! but then again if we tell everyone to call early, then it will be just as busy then, haha....anyway, keep trying, y'all will get through!

have Faith, in God!!!

Today was two weeks since NOA-2  so I figured it was time to give NVC a call and make sure they got my petition and get a number.

Carl,

WAIT AT LEAST A MONTH BEFORE GIVING NVC A CALL

I know that 6 months in Nebraska is a LLLLOOOONNNNNGGGGG wait.

However, if you read your NOA2, it says that NVC takes between 2 to 4 weeks to process the application. That means a minimum of a month.

It would be nice if you could talk to a person that is actually informed about your case. However, they will just explain to you that your case is being worked on, and that there are several agencies that it has been sent to. They won't give you any answers until all agencies have reported back. I never got any clear answers about which agencies the application was sent to. The one answer that I got was that the receptionist answering the calls could do absolutely nothing to speed up the process.

Sorry, I know that patience is very hard..... We are all going through it.

I had hoped that my fiancee would be here by my birthday in April..... or her birthday in May.. Or after the end of the school year and beginning of summer in June/July.... or labor day ..... or Thanksgiving ... or Christmas ...

Well, heck, I had no idea that I would be sitting here today, nearly a whole year later, and still not have any idea when she will get her visa.

------ Clifford ------

i jsut want to make sure they have it and hopefully get a gz number

Carl,

First I waited 2 weeks, then 4 weeks, then 6 weeks, then 8 weeks. Now I call them every other day. I get through about one out of ten calls but like the others I think morning is a little better.

Just finished week number 10, if I think about it too much I get furious. I really hope you have better luck than me with the NVC.

My advice would be to call now just to make sure they have the case from the service centers, and then a month or so after that just to check on the progress. It's doubtful both NVC and GZ will be done in a month so there's no hurry after you ascertain that NVC has the case...

Jerry

Finally got through to NVC today. They said they just received my petition from NSC the 18th and it hasn't been reviewed yet. The lady was very nice and gave me my GUZ number but wouldn't speculate on how long it would take. I thanked her and told her that at least I know it isn't lost somewhere so she says "lost? we wouldn't do that" She didn't tell me anymore than any other bureaucrat would but she was so pleasant about it I didn't mind.

Finally got through to NVC today.  They said they just received my petition from NSC the 18th and it hasn't been reviewed yet.  The lady was very nice and gave me my GUZ number but wouldn't speculate on how long it would take.  I thanked her and told her that at least I know it isn't lost somewhere so she says "lost? we wouldn't do that" She didn't tell me anymore than any other bureaucrat would but she was so pleasant about it  I didn't mind.

Carl, half the battle is know WHERE your petition is. Not that it makes it much easier to wait, but at least you know it's not lost and is beginning the next step. That's called progress. :blink:

Is that kinda like "even if you fall on your face you're still going forward"?

At this point after 6 months at NSC I'm happy to get what ever progress I can. Seems like things are picking up but that could just be wishful thinking. One thing I've become since starting this process is cynical. I know one guy here in Portland who's fiance lives in Russia. His NOA-2 is just a few weeks ahead of mine and his petition was at NVC for 22 days. He already has an interview date for January. He swears that the immigration liasion at Senator Smiths office made it happen. I may have to swallow my pride as a democrat and give her a call lol.

Carl

Yes,

I agree that it helps a lot to track where the application is. I couldn't imagine submitting the application, then patiently waiting 12 -14 months to finally hear something about it's status.....

And, mail occasionally gets lost.

We all know that the NVC confirmation letter doesn't really exist so one could easily miss a whole big step.

I still maintain that one should limit the number of contacts and questions, especially to give them a little time for the dust to settle at each office before bombarding the agency.

One of the most frustrating things of the whole process is the inequality between one application and another.

One application takes 1 month at BCIS, another takes 6 months.

One application takes 3 weeks at NVC, another takes 8 weeks, and another takes 4 months.

One application takes 4 days to arrive to the Embassy. The next takes 40.

One takes 1 week for Administrative Processing at the Embassy. The next takes 4 months.

And, of course, some people get their visas the day of the interview. Some don't. I read on another BBS that Russia may still be issuing "White Slips".

----- Cliff -----

That and the wide disparity between consulates and the way they operate. I don't know much about how they operate at MOS but it seems that as soon as they receive the petition from NVC they will let you schedule an interview. Even before P-3 arrives. Seems more efficient. While I'm whining what is it with the gov and redundancy? I was just reading over the forms in P-3 and one of them is almost identical to the G-325 A. Seems like once should be enough.

Carl