When do I need email AOS and Applicants documents to NVC?

Hello there,

I am IR5 category, and opted into Electronic Processing. I have paid AOS fee and IV fee, I also printed the Documents Cover Sheets.

My question is:

After I get all AOS (I-864, I-864A and supporting documents) and Applicants Civil Documents, Should I go ahead email these documents to NVCGuangzhou@state.gov?

From http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3190.html

it says:

"For certain U.S. Embassies and Consulates General, the National Visa Center (NVC) provides document collection and review, and schedules the cases for interview. The Department of State refers to these embassies and consulates as Appointment Posts.

For immigrant visa cases assigned to an Appointment Post, the NVC will collect the fees, affidavit of support, civil documents, and police certificates, as required. When a case is complete, it will be scheduled an appointment for an interview with a consular officer. For all Appointment Posts (except, the Consulate General in Guangzhou, China) the NVC will send an appointment letter to all interested parties (applicant, petitioner, and agent/attorney of record, if applicable) notifying them of the date, time, and location of the interview; and forward the petition to the appropriate embassy/consulate. The Consulate General in Guangzhou, China will send appointment letters for cases assigned to it."

It does not say when we can email AOS, Applicant's civil documents etc to NVC?

For The Consulate General in Guangzhou, will it send appointment letter to Applicant directly? Will the Agent be informed about the appointment?

Thank you very much!

Best wishes!

Edited by Hailong (see edit history)
Hello there,

I am IR5 category, and opted into Electronic Processing. I have paid AOS fee and IV fee, I also printed the Documents Cover Sheets.

My question is:

After I get all AOS (I-864, I-864A and supporting documents) and Applicants Civil Documents, Should I go ahead email these documents to NVCGuangzhou@state.gov?

it says:

"For certain U.S. Embassies and Consulates General, the National Visa Center (NVC) provides document collection and review, and schedules the cases for interview. The Department of State refers to these embassies and consulates as Appointment Posts.

For immigrant visa cases assigned to an Appointment Post, the NVC will collect the fees, affidavit of support, civil documents, and police certificates, as required. When a case is complete, it will be scheduled an appointment for an interview with a consular officer. For all Appointment Posts (except, the Consulate General in Guangzhou, China) the NVC will send an appointment letter to all interested parties (applicant, petitioner, and agent/attorney of record, if applicable) notifying them of the date, time, and location of the interview; and forward the petition to the appropriate embassy/consulate. The Consulate General in Guangzhou, China will send appointment letters for cases assigned to it."

For The Consulate General in Guangzhou, will it send appointment letter to Applicant directly? Will the Agent be informed about the appointment?

Thank you very much!

Best wishes!

Once you have paid the fees, you can send the documents. I sent the I-864 with supporting documents. Then later sent the I-230 with Civil Documents as we were waiting for some documents from China. They sent me a friendly reminder telling me they were waiting for the I-230. So they never send you an initial confirmation about sending the documents. They just expect to see them after your payment has been made and you can print the coversheet.

Hello there,

My question is:

it says:

Thank you very much!

Best wishes!

Once you have paid the fees, you can send the documents. I sent the I-864 with supporting documents. Then later sent the I-230 with Civil Documents as we were waiting for some documents from China. They sent me a friendly reminder telling me they were waiting for the I-230. So they never send you an initial confirmation about sending the documents. They just expect to see them after your payment has been made and you can print the coversheet.

Hello C4Racer,

I am so glad to hear from you again! Thank you so much for all of your help! I will go ahead email them then.

C4Racer, I have three more questions:

First question: How did you organize and email your documents to NVC? Did your create only ONE single PDF file by merging all documents together, or attached each of the individual files to your email? or zipped each of the individual files to one file and email to NVCGuangzhou@state.gov?

Second question: From http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3190.html

5. Review the U.S. Embassy/Consulate General-specific information.

After I selected GZO -China, Electronic Processing, I got a file titled

" U.S. Consulate General Guangzhou, China Packet 3 Supplemental Information Sheet", I need to fill out this form and got it signed, scanned and email to NVC with other documents, am I correct? In addition, it looks like this is a Supplement to Packet 3, Where can I get Packet 3?

Third question: Who will receive interview appointment letter, is Applicant, Petitioner/agent or both, is it by email or by mail? How long did it take for you to receive interview appointment letter after you emailed all AOS, Applicant's forms and supporting documents to NVC?

Sorry I have so many questions. :)

Best wishes to your family!