how to get a job

dongyan

It is the begining of Holiday season, many retail stores are looking for extra help.

Start with Walmart, Target, Big-Lots, etc..

Craigslist is a good source.

http://www.craigslist.org/about/sites

Start with part time jobs.

Could anyone tell me. how and where did your wife get her job here.I don't have driver license.does anyone's wife go to work by bus? thank you very much for any imformation.

Very few cities in the US have mass transit convenient for commuting to and from work.

I know some people who use the bus, but it usually takes more than an hour, when having your own vehicle would take 20 minutes.

One possibility (depending on where you live) would be to buy a motor scooter. You don't need a license to drive it, but it would give you freedom and convenience of transportation (within limits).

Could anyone tell me. how and where did your wife get her job here.I don't have driver license.does anyone's wife go to work by bus? thank you very much for any imformation.

Very few cities in the US have mass transit convenient for commuting to and from work.

I know some people who use the bus, but it usually takes more than an hour, when having your own vehicle would take 20 minutes.

One possibility (depending on where you live) would be to buy a motor scooter. You don't need a license to drive it, but it would give you freedom and convenience of transportation (within limits).

Not exactly true, some states require a driver's license to operate any motor-vehicle on the roads even a scooter, this IS the case in New York.

Not exactly true, some states require a driver's license to operate any motor-vehicle on the roads even a scooter, this IS the case in New York.

I'm going to insist that my "depending on where you live" was intended to apply to the "you don't need a license to drive it."

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it. :)

Yan, if you could, you need to get your driver license ASAP. Hopefully he could help you learn driving before you part with each other. Bus is not that convenient. One of my close girlfriends didn't learn driving before she divorced though I ever suggested her to learn driving. She liked her ex husband's ride and she told me she was lazy to practice driving. After divorce she met quite unconvinience due to "short of legs". I love her so much that I ever asked her to fly to me so that I could help her practice driving with my own car. But she considered she might need many days many times' practice before she could pass the road test, she told me she could not bother me for that long. So she didn't come.

Walk-in is a good way to find jobs. When you are looking for jobs online, be aware of scams. If he has a good income, you may consult with him that he supports you to do some education. Since your English is pretty good, you will do well in the education. With education, there will be more jobs available to you. And he could use "item deduction" when doing tax return to reduce his tax rate to a lower bracket. So, he will not lose much money for supporting your education.

A 25-year-old daughter is old enough to be very considerate for her father's happiness. It is not right for her to do any mean things targeting at you. You can stop the divorce processing if you still want each other.