HK entry permit question

Hi Guys

We booked tickets ! Wooho !!!!

Yuhui and I are leaving for HK Jan 20 from MIA-LAX..

Then, she goes up North in China, and I go work in Korea, Taiwan and good'ol Guangzhou..aah.. memories...

We reunite a week later, again in HK, so I can show her da town, then off together for a well deserved , and belated I might add, 7 days honeymon to Sydney, Australia.

:D :D :D :D

I know that Chinese can stay up to 7 days in HK with an ongoing ticket to a third country, say Australia, as she will Jan 29.

Question is : Coming first into HKG from LAX, then to China, I think she can stay a few days in HK as well, even though her next flight is to Mainland China. Am I correct or loopy on city bus fumes ? :lol:

Do I make myself clear ?

China Houston consulate says she can.. then again, they say it in Chinese :blink:

In the mean time, we have 7 ( yes, seven ) french family members coming in Dec 21 for Xmas / New Year.... till Jan 4..... I will have to talk to my dive gear about making room for them..

Yuhui will have to put up with mother in law till the 13th, unless Mom can get to fly to Venezuela to see my older brother in between.... What a girll... ( yuhui that is ! )

Unfortunately, my other sweetie, Madison, my daughter, won't be able to come to the U.S this time ,, :(

But Yuhui and I plan to take her to Greece next summer..

As you can see, this family is very international :lol: Gotta keep track of needed visas and all..

Hard enuff with a Chinese, ain't it ?

Just kidding honey-bunny

Doesn't her paperwork in America allow her to travel almost the same as you?  Since she has a visa and greencard (if she has one now) Hong Kong customs should not worry too much about her wanting to stay there should they?

Yes, my paperwork here allows me to travel "almost" same as him.... just the #$%$% US passport is way too flexible :P

no, I haven't got the greencard yet. biiiiiiiig waiting list in Maimi :(

BTW, just got an email from Chinese Consulate in Huston, they confirmed that I can stay in HK for less than 7 days....

SHOPPING!!!!!!!!!!!!

:o :P B)

Yuhui will have to put up with mother in law till the 13th, unless Mom can get to fly to Venezuela to see my older brother in between.... What a girll... ( yuhui that is ! )

side note to Yuhui - Inlaws are like fresh fish - good for about three days. :P

Thanks Frank.. :P

Well, I've been with my inlaws in France for about a week this May... really a good time with them, except for the complicated French talking B)

So now I am busy catching up with my French language and French recipe :o :( :P

side note to Yuhui - Inlaws are like fresh fish - good for about three days. :angry:

Thanks Frank.. :)

Well, I've been with my inlaws in France for about a week this May... really a good time with them, except for the complicated French talking :blink:

So now I am busy catching up with my French language and French recipe :angel: :P :P

I've tried speaking French. You have to do very strange things with your mouth. :o :P

I've tried speaking French. You have to do very strange things with your mouth.  :P  :blink:

Now Mick you should have learned by now about saying things of his nature and opening yourself up for goofy (at the best) retorts from people like Eric and Dave. :P :o :angel: :angry:

Precisely why I posted it Dan. :)

Doesn't her paperwork in America allow her to travel almost the same as you?  Since she has a visa and greencard (if she has one now) Hong Kong customs should not worry too much about her wanting to stay there should they?

Yes, my paperwork here allows me to travel "almost" same as him.... just the #$%$% US passport is way too flexible <_<

no, I haven't got the greencard yet. biiiiiiiig waiting list in Maimi :P

BTW, just got an email from Chinese Consulate in Huston, they confirmed that I can stay in HK for less than 7 days....

SHOPPING!!!!!!!!!!!!

:) :blink: :P

Hey Yuhui.....make sure you go to all the shops! :lol: Eric loves shopping. :)

As I recall, next to diving, shopping is his favorite sport. :D :(