Interview Follow Up, Email Question:

:unsure:

Hi friends:

I have a couple quick question for anyone out there who can help...

Like I've posted here before, my fiance got blue and green last month. Over a week ago we mailed back the required financial documents, and a couple days ago my fiance sent the Consulate an email on their website asking for an update on the case status, and hasn't heard anything back.

How long does the Consulate take to respond to the "My case is under 221g processing..." emails? Do they actually answer with an update?

We REALLY want to be "home for Christmas..." :unsure: Hopefully we'll get that call-in letter soon!

Speaking of which, how do they send the call-in letter? EMS? My fiance included a self-addressed EMS label in the package sent back to the Consulate.

Thanks so much, friends. I'm so glad I found this website when I did. It's been such a blessing! :)

They do answer emails, however typically it will be case is being processed, nothing specific.

Okay, my fiance just got an email from them that says the following:

Thank you for your e-mail inquiry.

Unfortunately, this case does not fall under the purview of the Non-Immigrant Visa section. We have forwarded your request to Immigrant Visa Section.

Please note that there is no further action this office can take in regards to this case.

Soooo... apparently the NIV form on the website isn't for the K1... but I didn't find the IV email form???

Here it is...Note though, it's been down all day today.

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/contactiv.html

Thanks so much, Squirty.

Okay, now I'm NOT happy. Fiance just got an email saying that as of today they have not yet received his documents!! Impossible! We sent them over a week ago by EMS, and I tracked the package and it said it arrived the same day we mailed...!

Alright, I'm trying not to panic, but this is discouraging. Is this normal? Maybe they just haven't sorted the mail yet but it's sitting in the building?!

*helpless sighs* :D

That may be the case, GUZ tends to keep things in the mail room until they are ready to process them. When you email them, did you give them the tracking number so they can verify themselves that someone signed for it? I wonder if that would help.

Edited by KJJ (see edit history)

That may be the case, GUZ tends to keep things in the mail room until they are ready to process them. When you email them, did you give them the tracking number so they can verify themselves that someone signed for it? I wonder if that would help.

Thanks, Kyle.

Actually, my fiance and I just got back from our local EMS station... they claim that some hotel (http://www.whiteswanhotel.com/) signed for the package on the 26th. We were pretty frustrated until we searched online and found out that is normal, and the hotel is supposed to hand it over to the Consulate. Unfortunately the tracking number has expired online, so we have to go to the EMS station ourselves.

Should we send another email in a week or so and ask again how it's going?

Personally, I don't think it would hurt to send another email after a week passes, just to check up on things.

I do feel that your package will turn up. It is standard for the White Swan Hotel to sign for your EMS package - ours was. They will/should have it either delivered or collected to/by the GUZ consulate. Hang in there.

http://i35.tinypic.com/2cxgjlz.jpg

I believe I read in another post that GUZ tends to wait to receive packages until they are ready to receive it. I bet yours is still in holding in some mail room. I called the Dept. of State (Wash. DC) phone number last evening to get an update on our case status. The lady did say that there was still a significant back-log that GUZ was wading through. That may contribute to your problem.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...c=38993&hl=

Just a note:

I'm still able to check my status on the EMS website (almost one month after delivery).

http://www.ems.com.cn/english-main.jsp

In your next email to GUZ, I'd be sure to include your tracking number so that they may verify it themselves. Our tracking number began with two letters, followed by nine numbers, ending in CN. EXAMPLE: EX123456789CN

Edited by Kyle (see edit history)

Personally, I don't think it would hurt to send another email after a week passes, just to check up on things.

I do feel that your package will turn up. It is standard for the White Swan Hotel to sign for your EMS package - ours was. They will/should have it either delivered or collected to/by the GUZ consulate. Hang in there.

http://i35.tinypic.com/2cxgjlz.jpg

I believe I read in another post that GUZ tends to wait to receive packages until they are ready to receive it. I bet yours is still in holding in some mail room. I called the Dept. of State (Wash. DC) phone number last evening to get an update on our case status. The lady did say that there was still a significant back-log that GUZ was wading through. That may contribute to your problem.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...c=38993&hl=

Just a note:

I'm still able to check my status on the EMS website (almost one month after delivery).

http://www.ems.com.cn/english-main.jsp

In your next email to GUZ, I'd be sure to include your tracking number so that they may verify it themselves. Our tracking number began with two letters, followed by nine numbers, ending in CN. EXAMPLE: EX123456789CN

Okay, that helps a lot! Thanks... I must've typed the code in wrong last time I tried, and figured it was expired... lol... crazy. :exclaim:

I just checked again, and here are the details:

2009-10-26 03:23:00 GUANGZHOU Arrival at Sorting Center

¡¡ 2009-10-26 03:32:00 GUANGZHOU Despatch from Sorting Center

¡¡ 2009-10-26 08:48:34 City of Guangzhou Delivery arranged

¡¡ 2009-10-26 09:00:00 City of Guangzhou Delivery

And it says signed by the White Swan Hotel.

So I guess everything is okay, and we just have to keep waiting. I think I'll take your advice and we'll send another email in a week or so, and include the tracking number.

All she said was that there was a significant backlog. That's all I know. When I asked for more information, she couldn't elaborate

Here it is...Note though, it's been down all day today.

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/contactiv.html

Thanks so much, Squirty.

Okay, now I'm NOT happy. Fiance just got an email saying that as of today they have not yet received his documents!! Impossible! We sent them over a week ago by EMS, and I tracked the package and it said it arrived the same day we mailed...!

Alright, I'm trying not to panic, but this is discouraging. Is this normal? Maybe they just haven't sorted the mail yet but it's sitting in the building?!

*helpless sighs* :)

don't expect replies too quickly

the answers to your email is not from the VO

if the VO has entered the info into the computer, then your email will get answered.

you got to be patient. takes times. Expect at least 2 weeks for it to get entered as received. They get a lot of mail

then expect at least 1 month for the VO to get to it and make a decision.

good luck on getting here by Christmas. It will be close

:unsure:

Hi friends:

I have a couple quick question for anyone out there who can help...

Like I've posted here before, my fiance got blue and green last month. Over a week ago we mailed back the required financial documents, and a couple days ago my fiance sent the Consulate an email on their website asking for an update on the case status, and hasn't heard anything back.

How long does the Consulate take to respond to the "My case is under 221g processing..." emails? Do they actually answer with an update?

We REALLY want to be "home for Christmas..." :unsure: Hopefully we'll get that call-in letter soon!

Speaking of which, how do they send the call-in letter? EMS? My fiance included a self-addressed EMS label in the package sent back to the Consulate.

Thanks so much, friends. I'm so glad I found this website when I did. It's been such a blessing! :)

Okay, so, I don't know about anyone else, but I've been pretty bummed at the way the IV email form is down indefinitely...

Does anyone know if there's a way to let GUZ know about their website bugs?

I'm thinking maybe I should just send a message via the NIV email form since they will FW it to the IV anyway :P

They already know about it. You can contact them directly by following the link and emailing the new address. Hope this helps and keep your head up!

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/em...accessible.html

Email Inquiry Web Form Temporarily Inaccessible

The email inquiry web form on the Consulate website is currently inaccessible. The Immigrant Visa Section is aware of this problem and we are working to resolve it as soon as we can. We will update our website as soon as service resumes. Effective immediately, a provisional email address for email inquiries has been set up. Please email us at Guangzhouiv@state.gov. Emails are answered in the order received as usual and you should expect a response in five to seven days. All inquiries should list the case number, name of the petitioner and principal applicant. Please note, we are unable to receive any attachments. Any email we receive with an attachment will not be read and deleted. We regret any inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and patience as we resolve this problem.

They already know about it. You can contact them directly by following the link and emailing the new address. Hope this helps and keep your head up!

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/em...accessible.html

Email Inquiry Web Form Temporarily Inaccessible

The email inquiry web form on the Consulate website is currently inaccessible. The Immigrant Visa Section is aware of this problem and we are working to resolve it as soon as we can. We will update our website as soon as service resumes. Effective immediately, a provisional email address for email inquiries has been set up. Please email us at Guangzhouiv@state.gov. Emails are answered in the order received as usual and you should expect a response in five to seven days. All inquiries should list the case number, name of the petitioner and principal applicant. Please note, we are unable to receive any attachments. Any email we receive with an attachment will not be read and deleted. We regret any inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and patience as we resolve this problem.

Awesome, thanks so much, squirty!!!