Still not received P3 at GUZ

I just got off the phone with DOS, they say GUZ ha still not received P3 back even though EMS tracking said it was delivered on Sept, 29. DOS suggested re-sending P3. Will this cause us even more delay if they already have it there and are just sitting on it? I do not understand as others on this list sent P3 back after us and already have interview date. I looked but can not find the email link for GUZ I want to email them first and ask about it. Can you please list the link and any advise would be great.

Robert

DOS made a good suggestion, I would resend P3, it is only a DS-230 part 1 and OF-169 both down-loadable.

Should not cause any delay.

Yeah, we're still waiting, but it should be soon. Looking at the timeline at other people filing directly with the consulate, there's about a one month wait between P3 and P4. We filed a week or so after squirty.

We called DoS last Thursday, and the lady told us that my wife's background check seemed to be in order and that all of her paperwork was received. She said we're ready for an interview, but that it hasn't been set yet. She told us to call back this Thurs. Perhaps we'll know more then.

She did say that there was a considerable backlog, but gave no explanation as to why. Just have to wait.

Yeah, we're still waiting, but it should be soon. Looking at the timeline at other people filing directly with the consulate, there's about a one month wait between P3 and P4. We filed a week or so after squirty.

We called DoS last Thursday, and the lady told us that my wife's background check seemed to be in order and that all of her paperwork was received. She said we're ready for an interview, but that it hasn't been set yet. She told us to call back this Thurs. Perhaps we'll know more then.

She did say that there was a considerable backlog, but gave no explanation as to why. Just have to wait.

I understand what you are saying, I am not sure what the time difference is between I-130 and K-1. But I do see people here who sent P3 back in early October and have interview dates. DOS is saying that GUZ has not even received our P3 back yet.

My suggestion would be to just send in the paperwork again. Calling them is not really going to be helpful as they can only give you two responses 1) wait longer 2) send in the paperwork again.

Hopefully your paperwork is just really slow, but why take the chance of delaying any longer if it's really lost.

Just to be sure...what address did your SO send the P3 to? EMS shows it's arrival, but if it's to the wrong address what's the point. It's very easy to make stupid mistakes.

Edited by squirty (see edit history)

My suggestion would be to just send in the paperwork again. Calling them is not really going to be helpful as they can only give you two responses 1) wait longer 2) send in the paperwork again.

Hopefully your paperwork is just really slow, but why take the chance of delaying any longer if it's really lost.

Just to be sure...what address did your SO send the P3 to? EMS shows it's arrival, but if it's to the wrong address what's the point. It's very easy to make stupid mistakes.

Robert, I don't know if this would actually help but you could email White Swan Hotel (in Chinese) and ask the staff when they forwarded your package to the consulate. At least, you would know where your package could be.

Their email is swan@whiteswanhotel.com

http://usa.bbs001.com/othervisaguide/whitswan.htm

Robert, I don't know if this would actually help but you could email White Swan Hotel (in Chinese) and ask the staff when they forwarded your package to the consulate. At least, you would know where your package could be.

Their email is swan@whiteswanhotel.com

http://usa.bbs001.com/othervisaguide/whitswan.htm

I will keep this in mind as we sent the P3 again yesterday.