Preparing for interview

Hi all,

I thought I saw this somewhere in CFL, but I couldn't be able to find it. I am about to gather all the paper works for my wife's interview since I am going back to china pretty soon. I think someone posted something like having 4 folders (forgot what size and in what categories). Could someone please post that again if you know what i am talking about? (Basically i need to know how to organize the paper works for her interivew)

Thank you very much

Ricky

Organizing the documents:

Three folder approach:

(The description of contents written on the outside in English and Chinese)

1) photos taped to sheet of paper with date above each picture. About 12 pictures, four from each of three trips.

2) Financials all in one folder. If anything was asked, she was to give the entire folder so she did not pull out the wrong item. [i saw another member (whose interview is later) had a folder the same way but with tabs at the bottom to show name of financial. I would do it over like this. ]

3) Communication. A few emails, all phone logs, one IM chatting in a day.

Then we had two extra envelopes with lots of extras for odd request or for overcome evidence.

Four folder approach:

1 - 1st folder, Proof for Interview (morning check-in), contained the medical envelope, our passports, and her P4 letter.

2 - 2nd folder, Relationship Evidence, contained our two best pictures(one of just us, the other with family) on the top so could easily be seen by VO, sample emails, MSN chat logs, postmarked letter, and a CD containing all of the chats and emails.

3 - 3rd folder, Financial Documents.

4 - 4th folder, Extra Relationship Evidence, contained itineraries, boarding passes, ticket stubs from traveling China, etc.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...folder+approach

Edited by KJJ (see edit history)

Organizing the documents:

Three folder approach:

1) photos taped to sheet of paper with date above each picture. About 12 pictures, four from each of three trips.

2) Financials all in one folder. If anything was asked, she was to give the entire folder so she did not pull out the wrong item. [i saw another member (whose interview is later) had a folder the same way but with tabs at the bottom to show name of financial. I would do it over like this. ]

3) Communication. A few emails, all phone logs, one IM chatting in a day.

Then we had two extra envelopes with lots of extras for odd request or for overcome evidence.

Four folder approach:

1 - 1st folder, Proof for Interview (morning check-in), contained the medical envelope, our passports, and her P4 letter.

2 - 2nd folder, Relationship Evidence, contained our two best pictures(one of just us, the other with family) on the top so could easily be seen by VO, sample emails, MSN chat logs, postmarked letter, and a CD containing all of the chats and emails.

3 - 3rd folder, Financial Documents.

4 - 4th folder, Extra Relationship Evidence, contained itineraries, boarding passes, ticket stubs from traveling China, etc.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...folder+approach

Thanks for your reply KJJ. Do you know if we can use like a 1" 3-ring binder or does it have to be a folder? Thanks again

We're doing the folder approach. My understanding is that your interview will take place at a booth, similar to what you'd find at a bank in China. From what I've read, there isn't a whole lot of space to fit stuff through the opening. I'm guessing as long as your binder fits, I don't see why they wouldn't accept a three-ring binder. Someone who has interviewed in GUZ can correct me if I'm wrong. I'm sorry, but I can only offer up a guess, since I haven't yet interviewed myself. The key is to make everything quickly accessible for the interviewee to find, as well as easy for the interviewer to interpret.

Edited by KJJ (see edit history)

We used the 4 folder approach and we added a couple more for the "kitchen sink list".

We used plastic see thru folders that close like a ziplock bag (got those in China).

To carry them to the interview we used an "accordian bag" (not sure what they are called but if you have seen a lawyer and what they use to carry papers in court you will know what I am talking about. I got this here in the US and took it with me.

Good Luck.

We're doing the folder approach. I can only offer up a guess, since I haven't yet interviewed myself. The key is to make everything quickly accessible for the interviewee to find, as well as easy for the interviewer to interpret.

This makes the most since to me, quick access, and easy to interpret. I am using 6 folders so far. I made a cover sheet with color tab samples with basic infomation for each color tab of each folder. #1 , green,for, I-134 and $$ documents,,#2, purple, for Visa Documents, DS forms,,,#3,orange, for email, letters, chat logs,etc,,,#4,yellow, for Single , intend to marry documents,,,#5 for photos,,, #6 for gifts, couple of Western Unions, etc.,,.......I made a cover letter with a color tab for each folder with basic of what is in each folder. I hope my Fiancee can find anything using the color tabs.

One more question, do you guys prefer the papers to be binded or just leave them lose in the folders? I am not sure if they will ask any of our papers to make copies. Otherwise I might just bind all the papers in the folders so my wife won't have a mess when she needs to look for something.

I think I saw some posts said I-864 need to be turned in...so leave that one unbinded?

Thanks