How important is it for petioner to be at interview

We do not have our interview date yet but i am wondering how important is it for me to go to her interview. I do not have any vacation time till march and we are thinking we may get interview maybe in january. They just sent her package 3 a few days ago. We filed a K-1 visa. I have been there 2 times this year and we have tons of e-mails and pictures and phone bills. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks

{edit} Corrected topic title.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

Advice about what? You say you are out of vacation time. Can you go or not?

I was in the same situation - turned out there was no need to go, and I didn't.

Others who have gone for the interview were awfully glad they did.

Seems to boil down to a personal decision - can you go or not?

Some people insist the reason they got pink (approval) is because they were there, and some believe that because they were not there is why they got white (rejection).

But there are several cases where the petitioner wasn't there and still got pink, and where the petitioner was there and still got white.

It might improve your odds, but there are no guarantees. If you are not there, just make sure she knows why so she can explain it if asked (and her knowing when (March) you are able/hoping to come see her is a plus).

Edited by bamspeedy (see edit history)

If you have a solid case, already made multiple trips and have no potential red flags then it shouldn't affect you in a negative way by not being there.

With that being said, if you can go then I would recommend it just to be there to support your girl and to enjoy the moment. Its a special time.

Honestly, gauging when you're going to have your interview is sort of a crap shoot (it could be quicker or longer than expected). If you're unable to go, then you can't go. Although there are benefits to going, if it's going to cause a strain on your employment, (for myself) I wouldn't go. Your job is going to support her after she gets to the States.

Most of the advice given here is focused on the "immediate" situation. Although I do agree with their reasoning, you can only do what you can do.

Edited by KJJ (see edit history)

Honestly, gauging when you're going to have your interview is sort of a crap shoot (it could be quicker or longer than expected). If you're unable to go, then you can't go. Although there are benefits to going, if it's going to cause a strain on your employment, (for myself) I wouldn't go. Your job is going to be what is going to support her after she gets to the States.

Most of the advice given here is focused on the "immediate" situation. Although I do agree with their reasoning, you can only do what you can do.

Thank you for everyones thoughts. I really can't go without jeopardizing my job but i would really like to go to support her. We were hoping to use my vacation time for a honeymoon but if i end up having to go there i will. It could work out just fine i am just worried like most people. We already had one setback by getting put in AP for 34 days at NVC so i just want everything else to go as smooth as possible.