AOS Interview Done!

Hello all. Xiongxing and I had our AOS interview on Oct. 26 here in Las Vegas. I was nervous but not overly so. Nothing like how I felt in GUZ.

A guard met as at the door and took our appointment. letter. Then we passed through an airport security type system to the waiting area. Our appointment was for 10:30, we arrived about 10:15 and were called about 10:45. It was difficult to hear names being called, several people did not hear their names the first couple of times they were called. I was careful to listen closely and I did hear our names on the first call, but Xiongxing did not. A PA system would be useful here.

Our interviewer was very nice man about 60 years old. We had all the things asked for in the appointment letter, but we did not have any pictures. We don't wear wedding bands because Xiongxing said it was too expensive to purchase them. Also, we had discussed getting an interpreter, but again too expensive, so, no interpreter. I was a little worried that these might be a problem. But, since Xiongxing's arrival here, 'bie lang fei' has become my motto and mantra. :P

As we entered his office, he said to remain standing and raise our right hands to be sworn in. Xiongxing did not understand and sat down then saw that I was still standing and got up. Her English is improving but she is not ready to go solo yet. :lol: She is very smart though, and keenly observant. Through the corner of her eye she would watch me and do what I did. He immediately asked for her passport and my driver's license and the I-94. He kept the I-94.

The only questions he asked her were 'do you speak English?' A little. 'Any trouble with police?' No. That was all. His one concern was how to input the fact that Xiongxing does not know either of her birth parents names. This was the first time he had seen someone not know both parents names. She was abandoned at birth for being a girl. I am still not clear on how she came to live with the very wonderful elderly couple that raised her and I am not sure she knows either. But, he was able to get this done.

The rest of the interview was spent listening to him talk about his family and marriage and his travels through southeast Asia in his youth. He never asked for any pictures or anything other than the identification and I-94. All in all it was quite painless and lasted about 20 minutes. We should get the card in the mail in the next couple of weeks.

Now, time to relax a bit before removal of conditions. Xiongxing is taking ESL classes through the Clark County school district and is looking for a job. She spends much to much time alone and needs to get out more. She doesn¡¯t complain, but it is obvious that she would like to feel that she is contributing to the family income. Overall, we are happy and very glad that we have found each other. We look forward to the next adventure that life has in store for us and we wish everyone here the same happiness and enjoyment of life that we have together.

Hello all. Xiongxing and I had our AOS interview on Oct. 26 here in Las Vegas. I was nervous but not overly so. Nothing like how I felt in GUZ.

A guard met as at the door and took our appointment. letter. Then we passed through an airport security type system to the waiting area. Our appointment was for 10:30, we arrived about 10:15 and were called about 10:45. It was difficult to hear names being called, several people did not hear their names the first couple of times they were called. I was careful to listen closely and I did hear our names on the first call, but Xiongxing did not. A PA system would be useful here.

Our interviewer was very nice man about 60 years old. We had all the things asked for in the appointment letter, but we did not have any pictures. We don't wear wedding bands because Xiongxing said it was too expensive to purchase them. Also, we had discussed getting an interpreter, but again too expensive, so, no interpreter. I was a little worried that these might be a problem. But, since Xiongxing's arrival here, 'bie lang fei' has become my motto and mantra. :P

As we entered his office, he said to remain standing and raise our right hands to be sworn in. Xiongxing did not understand and sat down then saw that I was still standing and got up. Her English is improving but she is not ready to go solo yet. :lol: She is very smart though, and keenly observant. Through the corner of her eye she would watch me and do what I did. He immediately asked for her passport and my driver's license and the I-94. He kept the I-94.

The only questions he asked her were 'do you speak English?' A little. 'Any trouble with police?' No. That was all. His one concern was how to input the fact that Xiongxing does not know either of her birth parents names. This was the first time he had seen someone not know both parents names. She was abandoned at birth for being a girl. I am still not clear on how she came to live with the very wonderful elderly couple that raised her and I am not sure she knows either. But, he was able to get this done.

The rest of the interview was spent listening to him talk about his family and marriage and his travels through southeast Asia in his youth. He never asked for any pictures or anything other than the identification and I-94. All in all it was quite painless and lasted about 20 minutes. We should get the card in the mail in the next couple of weeks.

Now, time to relax a bit before removal of conditions. Xiongxing is taking ESL classes through the Clark County school district and is looking for a job. She spends much to much time alone and needs to get out more. She doesn¡¯t complain, but it is obvious that she would like to feel that she is contributing to the family income. Overall, we are happy and very glad that we have found each other. We look forward to the next adventure that life has in store for us and we wish everyone here the same happiness and enjoyment of life that we have together.

:P :clapping: :clapping: :lol:

Congrats. We are getting ready for our AOS in one month. I feel a little less stressed. Thanks.

I found interesting your remark that your wife didn't want to buy rings because they were expensive. I fight that concept every time we go shopping for anything from celery to a cheap blouse for her.

"Gui, gui, gui" is all I hear. :clapping:

• 3 weeks later...

Congrats. We are getting ready for our AOS in one month. I feel a little less stressed. Thanks.

I found interesting your remark that your wife didn't want to buy rings because they were expensive. I fight that concept every time we go shopping for anything from celery to a cheap blouse for her.

"Gui, gui, gui" is all I hear. :blink:

Congrats. I am just starting to fill out the papers for her AOS.

Regarding rings, try looking at your local pawnshops. We found a nice set for 1/4 the price of new. Her ring didn't even look like it was even worn.