Having a baby in China

(1). It varies from place to place. A single mother can get the permit in some places even without getting married, provided that this is her first child, while in other places she can not. If she can not it will result in a fine.

(2). In the case where an American gets the girl pregnant and then leaves, there are several possibilities. One, the girl just can't do anything. Two the next time the guy is found in China, the family kills him. Third, with proper help, she sues him in the US for child support. I am pretty sure a lot of people here are familiar with the process.

It takes 2 to tango.

It seems the girl is not "punished" for pre marital sex............and the boys parents are? seems a bit unfair.

Both the parents are responsible for the child wed or un wed.

Oh BTW thanks for the

"You'd be a bottom feeding, scum sucking piece of garbage"

You sound like my ex :P

I was just making a point of what happens to the 100,000 yuan fine then?

By using "you" I was just following your hypothetical example of if "I" did ... . I wasn't calling you a bf, ss pog.

Sure, both are responsible. Think of the 100k payment as advance child support. Usually it is the non-custodial parent who pays child support and in China it seems like with younger children the men are the non-custodial parent.

I asked Fen again about the fine and here is her response (in Chinglish)

do you remember that China has one child control rules ,not only have this ,but also before you are pregernant ,you have to get a permit licence ,to show you are allow to have child ,when they find out that you don't have it ,they will know the child is un plan it ,they will charge a big amount of money .

And in China ,when the child is born,you have to get the birth certificated and the information must be set in computer ,and then the child will have the popullation in China ,if you are not in popullation ,you can't go to school or do anything ,

In China we can't do anything without our popullation book .smile .

Do you understand about this ?

Yes.

In most provinces an unwed mother cannot get the permit to have a baby. Thus the fine.

(1). It varies from place to place. A single mother can get the permit in some places even without getting married, provided that this is her first child, while in other places she can not. If she can not it will result in a fine.

(2). In the case where an American gets the girl pregnant and then leaves, there are several possibilities. One, the girl just can't do anything. Two the next time the guy is found in China, the family kills him. Third, with proper help, she sues him in the US for child support. I am pretty sure a lot of people here are familiar with the process.

For a Chinese national to go after an escaped father living in the US is extremely difficult if not impossible. The first thing she needs to do is get a visa and go to the US to file a court action. Even if she has the money, a visa for a young, single unwed mother is almost unheard of.

Even if she does get to the US and get her court order, she ultimately must return to China. Collecting on that court order will be extremely difficult at best.

A chinese women would never look for support from a man like this, she and her family would not want to lose face like this.

Once a man is gone he is gone forever in heart and head just to be remembered as lowest man and in China never to contact family again.

A chinese women would never look for support from a man like this, she and her family would not want to lose face like this.

Once a man is gone he is gone forever in heart and head just to be remembered as lowest man and in China never to contact family again.

Which is exactly the reason many chinese women have trouble understanding why a divorced person (man or woman) in the USA has to have so much contact with the ex-spouse especially when there are children involved. In China once the divorce is done and the ex-couple goes there separate way there is very little contact in contrast to the constant fighting over wanting more money that goes on in the USA.

It takes 2 to tango.

It seems the girl is not "punished" for pre marital sex............and the boys parents are? seems a bit unfair.

Both the parents are responsible for the child wed or un wed.

Oh BTW thanks for the

"You'd be a bottom feeding, scum sucking piece of garbage"

You sound like my ex :ph34r:

I was just making a point of what happens to the 100,000 yuan fine then?

By using "you" I was just following your hypothetical example of if "I" did ... . I wasn't calling you a bf, ss pog.

I know that.......I was just joking.

Well, depends on how you handle it. The women does not have to appear in court in person, video appearance is fine. I have handled cases where one party is in federal custody and can not appear in person. Filing the case does not need be done in person either. Enforcement can be difficult is the guy does not have a regular job or property. Otherwise it is not that difficult. I am helping one woman out in suing her husband (Chinese American) in the States. Only problem is that you need local attorney to handle the case and for many Chinese women the cost is too high. There are a lot of nasty things you can do if the guy does not pay after a support order is ent

ered.

For a Chinese national to go after an escaped father living in the US is extremely difficult if not impossible. The first thing she needs to do is get a visa and go to the US to file a court action. Even if she has the money, a visa for a young, single unwed mother is almost unheard of.

Even if she does get to the US and get her court order, she ultimately must return to China. Collecting on that court order will be extremely difficult at best.