Be afraid, be very afraid

shadeOgray

Funny, the other day I had to blow my horn at an Asian woman for almost cutting me off, she stopped. But at that moment I thought of the days when my little lovely will drive alone :D

... She said she likes the time we get to spend together and talk and will miss that when she starts driving alone.... I say, I will look forward to the day when she can have some independence and maybe get a day job and we spend even more time together ;)

My lovely Ting got her drivers license today. :D

Congratulations!!! I remember how happy Yin was when she got hers this April.

My wife is taking driving classes in China. Although the rules of the road many not be completely identical, they are quite similar. Plus, if she can drive in Wuhan, she'll have the confidence to drive anywhere!!!!! Congrats to Ting!

Edited by KJJ (see edit history)

My wife is taking driving classes in China. Although the rules of the road many not be completely identical, they are quite similar. Plus, if she can drive in Wuhan, she'll have the confidence to drive anywhere!!!!! Congrats to Ting!

Ummm I highly recommend you don't let her get one in China. The bad habits she will develop will make it so much harder I think when she try¡¯s to learn in the states.

This teaching to drive thing was a true test of our relationship and i have many more white hairs on my head from it.

I highly encourage you to pay for a driving school instead LOL

I can certaintly understand this thought. Teaching your wife to drive can be very frustrating, it was... in the beginning. I must say 10 months later she is much better now. I'm not sure if a driver instructor would have been able to teach what my wife has learned in this time. There is an experiece factor.

There is a Chinese guy here in Atlanta who will guarentee to get someone to get thier driver's liscense.. this might be desired, but I question if the people will know how to drive other than pass the test.

My wife has been driving to work for about 3 months now. she is still feels scary sometimes. My point is experience and time is what will gain confidence for your wife, but of course it is a personal choice.

My wife is taking driving classes in China. Although the rules of the road many not be completely identical, they are quite similar.

Just make sure that she understands that in America, the one biggest difference - The rules need to be followed.

Just make sure that she understands that in America, the one biggest difference - The rules need to be followed.

She understands this. The whole point of learning how to drive before we head to the States, is for her to learn basic fundamentals that are universal in any country. For example, learning how to anticipate stops, on coming traffic, etc.

Obviously, the rules in Missouri are different than the rules in Hubei - and she'll have to learn them later on. Understanding that, it'll also be nice for her to have a DL, whenever we return to China for a visit.

Really, this is important for her to do - so I'm going to encourage her to do it. Although she may have to learn a lot of it over, I believe this a process for her to gain confidence behind the wheel. When she gets to the States, she'll be that much more confident when she takes her test. Perhaps it's just a mental thing, but what's the harm in doing it? I don't see any.

Edited by KJJ (see edit history)

She understands this. The whole point of learning how to drive before we head to the States, is for her to learn basic fundamentals that are universal in any country. For example, learning how to anticipate stops, on coming traffic, etc.

Obviously, the rules in Missouri are different than the rules in Hubei - and she'll have to learn them later on. Understanding that, it'll also be nice for her to have a DL, whenever we return to China for a visit.

Really, this is important for her to do - so I'm going to encourage her to do it. Although she may have to learn a lot of it over, I believe this a process for her to gain confidence behind the wheel. When she gets to the States, she'll be that much more confident when she takes her test. Perhaps it's just a mental thing, but what's the harm in doing it? I don't see any.

I think it would be good for your wife to learn to drive in China, I think mostly, even though in China the rules as in America aren't followed all the times, I must say, they drive slower than here in the US.