Im back now....

Please dont flame me on this one. I will be better in a couple of days. I miss her so very much right now. I miss her voice, her smell, her touch and most of all her kisses. I wont lie and say there have not been a few tears since I have been back.

I know all of you know what I mean. I came back instead of staying another week so I can get back to work make some money and get back over there in 58 days...... Yes I am counting...Yes I am.

I recorded her singing to me the song my Heart Will Go on by Celine Dion. I have that playing on a loop while I am unpacking her voice is so soft and loving it melts my heart.

I am so lucky to have met a woman who is such a good match for me. Now I just need to handle things correctly on my end. I can do that by not acting like a weenie and busting my butt instead to make sure everything is good to go.

I want to thank you guys for giving me a place to vent, Im sorry if I annoy some of you when I do.

I hope I will feel better after I sleep. I have had maybe 2 hours of sleep in the past 48 hours. I cant seem to wind down.

Many thanks my friends.

Robert

Ok Lover boy :lol: We know how you feel.

It is all up to you to make sure all the required paper work is in order when she goes for her interview. Also when you talk to her, coach her on the interview questions.

My Fen's english skills are fairly elementary so I taught her to listen for "key" words. We were practicing for the interview more then 3 months.

I would strongly urge you to be with her at the interview.

When she is finally in the US you will be crying when you see her shopping bills <_<

Robert I know that you were thinking about hiring a lawyer but if you will just have faith in the guys here they will get you through it and much better than a lawyer would and the best part is that they will help you get her here sooner and it will be free. Just frinends helping friends.

I am sorry you feel so bad but like you said we all have been there now just a word of caution is that it will take as long as it takes and there is nothing that you, I or any of us can do not even our Congressmen and Senators can help so hang in there and don't get discouraged to terribly bad about the wait because it will make it all the sweeter when she does get here and then it will be for the rest of your lives so hang in there.

You are lucky that you and she can be together in 58 more days some are not so fortunate.

I hope that you sleep well and see you later.

Larry

Robert I know that you were thinking about hiring a lawyer but if you will just have faith in the guys here they will get you through it and much better than a lawyer would and the best part is that they will help you get her here sooner and it will be free. Just frinends helping friends.

I am sorry you feel so bad but like you said we all have been there now just a word of caution is that it will take as long as it takes and there is nothing that you, I or any of us can do not even our Congressmen and Senators can help so hang in there and don't get discouraged to terribly bad about the wait because it will make it all the sweeter when she does get here and then it will be for the rest of your lives so hang in there.

You are lucky that you and she can be together in 58 more days some are not so fortunate.

I hope that you sleep well and see you later.

Larry

I second this.

If you hire a lawyer, you only introduce delays in the process.

The paperwork will come in the mail. Let's say it gets dropped off in their mailbox at 2pm, but the secretary checked the mail at 1:55pm. That's one full day delayed. Then she (yes, most lawyer's secretaries are female, I'm going with the odds) opens the mail, and maybe by the end of the day sorts it and gets it in his in-box. But he had a late meeting, and now has a dinner appointment. So he doesn't look at it that day. That's another day delay.

The next day he finally looks at it, makes a few recommendations, and sends it to the secretary. She puts it in her to-do list, and it takes her 2 days to work down to it. She finishes typing/assembling all the paperwork, but they discover they are missing something from you. They send you a letter to let you know. When you get the letter, you race around, find it, drop it off. That's still 4 more days delay.

Yadda, yadda, yadda.

You get the picture.

Add in that let's say your birthday is wrong on a document. Who is going to be more likely to notice that: you or the lawyer? Say her name is slightly mis-spelled, who is going to be more likely to notice that?

I will say: you need to be careful, careful, careful in your application. Check it 3 times for every i dotted, every t crossed. Have a friend check it out, too. Organize it. Paperclip related things together. Put those highlight sticky tabs on important pages/items...but not too many so it is confusing. Make it easy for the person reading and evaluating it to find the information they need. The more care you put into it, the more it shows how much you care about your woman.

When it comes to the interview, don't stint on buying good materials to make sure it is well-organized. All the same things apply. The worse it is organized, the more messy it is, the more you show the official you don't care. And the more disorganized it is, the more irritated the official will get. Make things easy and smooth so it is easy and smooth for him to approve you. Let the interviewing official's searches flow like water, and he will be more kindly disposed to you. Make sure all your pictures show you smiling together, the warmest smiles and cute, less-formal pictures that seem more genuine. Get a friend to help provide an objective viewpoint on that...get 3 friends and use only the photos they agree on.

What I'm saying is use maximum effort to maximize a successful interview.

Also, do everything you can to remember this feeling forever. Kodak it. Memorex it.

Hold on to it and remember it when you have the inevitable huge blow up fight after she gets here.

Remember how much you love her and how much she loves you and don't let ANY misunderstanding get in the way of that.

I remember the hardest part was being at the airport in China headed back to the US. The ride to the airport, eating Chinese airport noodles, and the minutes counting down until boarding.

After a farewell kiss I started walking, looked back, waved, and kept on walking.

Being back in the US I just put my effort into work, saving cash, communicating, and making sure we did all we could to make the visa process as smooth as possible.

It was back when USCIS raised fees and were swarmed with applications and our process was just incredibly slow.

I think you made the right choice in coming back on time as was told to your employer. You need to get your sleep schedule back on track, save up cash, keep up the communications and just prepare, prepare, prepare.

Try to hold your emotions in check and only express the positives. I'm sure your fiancee is very perceptive and if you feel and show happiness it also makes her wait easier.

Ok Lover boy, We know how you feel.

:D flashbacks of George Costanza and Kramer

Kramer : Uh no . Look at this . Okay yeah this looks good and I like what your

wearing .

George : I feel fat .

Kramer : No, no . You're stout . The camera loves stoutness . Look were not

going to do anything that makes you feel uncomfortable . The key word is

tasteful . Now I want you to relax and have fun because your a fun guy . All

right let's do it . Okay come on . Feel the beat . Feel the beat . You know

you got some real strong pecks but it's hard to tell under that T-shirt .

George : Well do you want me to take it off ?

Kramer : I don't know it's up to you .

George : Do you think it would be better if I did ?

Kramer : It might be . I mean whatever you want .

George : ALL RIGHT !!

Kramer ; That's it George . Come on , come on . Give it to me . Come on ,work

it . Work it . Yeah be a man , be a man .

Jerry leaving apartment

Kramer : You are a lover boy, you are a lover boy !!

Jerry : Oh yeah . This can't miss .

http://www.seinfeldscripts.com/ThePackage.htm

I recorded her singing to me the song my Heart Will Go on by Celine Dion. I have that playing on a loop while I am unpacking her voice is so soft and loving it melts my heart.

My wife did something similar, expect it was the theme song from Monk (not as romantic, I know. However, it seems like you're going through a very similar situation as most of us have gone through. Sorry, it just plain sucks, but there's no way around it. You did the right thing though, not staying an extra week, if that meant that you wouldn't be able to come back in Dec. Remember three trips to China will look more impressive to her future VO than two. Hang in there, sometimes things have to suck before they can turn good. (seriously trying hard not to make a wife cooking joke)

Edited by KJJ (see edit history)