Beijing Airport Best in World - 2009 Survey

whome?

The Beijing airport was voted best in the world in 2009 survey published by "World-renowned British American travel magazine Conde Nast Traveller"

Well the People's Daily cannot be expected to get things like this right .... figured at least one UK fellow would get a kick out of this .. :ph34r:

Notice there is not one USA airport on the list ... from my cordial experiences with TSA I cannot imagine why.

http://english.people.com.cn/90001/90778/9...252.html#liuyan

Edited by whome? (see edit history)

Terminal 3 rocks!

I spent 4 hours outbound and 8 hours inbound (with my wife inbound) on our last trip. Once I was in Bejing I went straight to Starbucks. Then we had dinner at the Kenny Rogers chicken place upstairs.

Free WiFi in the Starbucks. They let us sit there for 5-1/2 hours! I bought a coffee, then when the employees started giving me the "haven't you finished that yet" look my wife bought a juice drink.

Lots of really modern totally clean restrooms. A large variety of food.

It is the best airport I have ever been in!

Now, LAX...

-James

• 2 weeks later...

I honestly don't think the Beijing airport is that great... I have been through many international airports around the world and I have to say my favorite is AUS (Austin Bergstrom International Airport). It offers great local food, nice bars, live music, wide open space and cleanliness all around.

The Good:

Hong Kong (HKG)

Dallas (DFW) - especially the D terminal

The Bad:

Tokyo (NRT) - This airport has the worst food selection for its size. Everything else is great.

London (LHR)

The Ugly (The absolute dumps):

Miami (MIA) - The worst of the worst

Houston (HOU)

Manaus (MAO)

I honestly don't think the Beijing airport is that great... I have been through many international airports around the world and I have to say my favorite is AUS (Austin Bergstrom International Airport). It offers great local food, nice bars, live music, wide open space and cleanliness all around.

The Good:

Hong Kong (HKG)

Dallas (DFW) - especially the D terminal

The Bad:

Tokyo (NRT) - This airport has the worst food selection for its size. Everything else is great.

London (LHR)

The Ugly (The absolute dumps):

Miami (MIA) - The worst of the worst

Houston (HOU)

Manaus (MAO)

Add Athens to the worse

and all the west coast USA airports