back to china in janurary 2010

Anyone goes back to china through Asian airline from chicago in Jan 14th? And there will be a connecting flight in Korea. If so, please contact me, so we can go together since I am going back to china myself.

Jesus! Just think about I am going to be spending 13 hours on the plane alone gives me headache.

I think you mean Asiana Airlines?

I just got back from 2 weeks in China flying with Asiana, and I would recommend them pretty highly.

The flight was pretty comfortable, the food was one of the best i've had, and i've taken literally every airline that goes to china. I recommend their steak, it was actually good! and the korean noodle was good too. Everyone gets their personal tv screen, with TONS of movie/music options, they got all the newest movies that hasn't even come out on dvd yet. All the announcements gets broadcast in Korean first and then in sometimes broken english, I've listened to way too much Korean over this long flight.

I flew from JFK to Seoul Icheon airport, landed something like 4am local time with the connecting flight to Shanghai at 9:30am, thats a 5 and half hr layover. Icheon is pretty big airport with lots of shops, but unfortunately they didn't open till 7am, so i slept for a while on their big comfy chairs then browsed some shops and ate some food. All the shops took US Dollars which is nice since I don't have any Korean currency.

Edited by Spekkio99 (see edit history)

I just got back from 2 weeks in China flying with Asiana, and I would recommend them pretty highly.

The flight was pretty comfortable, the food was one of the best i've had, and i've taken literally every airline that goes to china. I recommend their steak, it was actually good! and the korean noodle was good too. Everyone gets their personal tv screen, with TONS of movie/music options, they got all the newest movies that hasn't even come out on dvd yet. All the announcements gets broadcast in Korean first and then in sometimes broken english, I've listened to way too much Korean over this long flight.

I flew from JFK to Seoul Icheon airport, landed something like 4am local time with the connecting flight to Shanghai at 9:30am, thats a 5 and half hr layover. Icheon is pretty big airport with lots of shops, but unfortunately they didn't open till 7am, so i slept for a while on their big comfy chairs then browsed some shops and ate some food. All the shops took US Dollars which is nice since I don't have any Korean currency.

The same can be said about Korean Air.

However I am sure the newest movies, while not out in the USA on DVD, are out in China/Korea/Japan on DVD (sometimes in China even before the opening Friday at the cinema).

Anyone goes back to china through Asian airline from chicago in Jan 14th? And there will be a connecting flight in Korea. If so, please contact me, so we can go together since I am going back to china myself.

Jesus! Just think about I am going to be spending 13 hours on the plane alone gives me headache.

sleeping pills... :D

Wow, sounds like it is a great airline and you have had a really good trip too! Thank you for all the information very much. By the way, do I need to pick up my luggage when i get there?

sleeping pills... :blink:

Hehe, thanks.

I could not agree more. I have flown Asiana twice from JFK to Guangzhou.

Wow, sounds like it is a great airline and you have had a really good trip too! Thank you for all the information very much. By the way, do I need to pick up my luggage when i get there?

No, don't have to pick up luggage in Korea, it gets automatically transfered to China. You do have to go thru security again with your carry on bags tho, i had a bottle of water of my bag that got confiscated during the transfer. Oh yea and if you have any flu like symptoms in Korea or China, you get sent to the hospital and quarantined for a week, so don't get sick! I packed tons of Airborne...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...