unclear about Police and Birth Certificates

hi

i received NOA2 on October 6th. I am petitioner residing in L.A., California, my fiance, the beneficiary resides in Guangzhou, China. I have been reading forums, and looking online through various sources and I am still unclear on several things. Add to that she changed her address at the start of this month while our package has been forwarded from USCIS to its next step. Also we are trying to get prepared ahead of time and are having some difficulties understanding and gathering rest of the records required.

ok, so here goes:

1. I understand our package goes to NVC first, but roughly how long until it gets to the consulate from there ? Also, I have DOS phone number at 202-663-1225 and NVC phone number at 603-334-0700. Any specific extensions or any direct websites I should go to ? I checked them both out as well as google and other sources such as visajourney, etc., but I have been unable to locate any concrete info pertaining to these sort of issues.

2. She was born over 30 years ago in a very small village far in rural China. It is a very simple and beautiful place and people there still live in clay huts even now. Unfortunately for us, they just don't have the kind of records we are used to, and we are unable to obtain a birth certificate. Although she has a residence book, ID, passport, etc. What can be done here ? Can someone please share some info, or please point me to some examples ? I am in the dark here. Where do we go or what do we do now ?

3. Police Certificate. To my understanding this can be obtained at a local notarial office in China ? How do we find such an office ? And is it an actual form or just a written notarized letter ? If its a letter whos signatures and / or stamps do we need for it ? I do not understand this part of the process or how to complete it.

Thanks to anyone that can help out.

Read this to see if it clarifies anything for you

Chinese Notarial Documents - see DOS China Reciprocity Schedule

Most of the documents needed
can
be obtained from one of China's Notarial Offices (Gong Zheng Chu). All Chinese documentation to be used abroad is processed through the notary offices and issued in the form of notarial certificates. Notarial offices are located in all major Chinese cities and in rural county seats

The documents required are the GongZhengShu ¹«Ö¤Êé

Sample application for documents (your province or
hukou
may vary):

A discussion of the huji (or
hukou
»§¿Ú) system
can
be found at
. Chinese residents should go to their
hukou
for all notarial documents (birth, divorce, and/or single certificate, and police records). For the police record, one obtained at the
hukou
will cover all of China.

A notarial document will be in the standard white notarial booklet, have an official red seal, an English translation, and an attestation to the true translation.

Note that police records and single certificates are valid for one year from the date of notarization. Others are valid indefinitely.

Marriage certification for
I-130
or
K-3
must be in the same format.

If ANY document is unobtainable, you should submit a statement of WHY it is unobtainable, and what effort you made to obtain it.

What police certificates do I need and how do I get them - http://www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc/what-...w-do-i-get-them

It is usually not necessary to submit police certificates for a stay in the United States.

can
be obtained from one of China's Notarial Offices (Gong Zheng Chu). All Chinese documentation to be used abroad is processed through the notary offices and issued in the form of notarial certificates. Notarial offices are located in all major Chinese cities and in rural county seats

hukou
may vary):

hukou
»§¿Ú) system
can
be found at
hukou
for all notarial documents (birth, divorce, and/or single certificate, and police records). For the police record, one obtained at the
hukou
will cover all of China.

A notarial document will be in the standard white notarial booklet, have an official red seal, an English translation, and an attestation to the true translation.

Note that police records and single certificates are valid for one year from the date of notarization. Others are valid indefinitely.

I-130
or
K-3

If ANY document is unobtainable, you should submit a statement of WHY it is unobtainable, and what effort you made to obtain it.

What police certificates do I need and how do I get them - http://www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc/what-...w-do-i-get-them

It is usually not necessary to submit police certificates for a stay in the United States.

ok, thank you, that helps a lot.

if we submit such a letter along with written notarized statements from her father and older sister, what are our chances of still getting a visa ?

anyone have any similar experiences ?

Edited by seeker2k (see edit history)

can

hukou
may vary):

hukou
»§¿Ú) system
can
be found at
hukou
hukou
will cover all of China.

I-130
or
K-3

ok, thank you, that helps a lot.

if we submit such a letter along with written notarized statements from her father and older sister, what are our chances of still getting a visa ?

anyone have any similar experiences ?

It's been done, although I don't remember who or how long ago

• 2 months later...

can

hukou
may vary):

hukou
»§¿Ú) system
can
be found at
hukou
hukou
will cover all of China.

I-130
or
K-3

I am still a bit unclear on a few things here.

1st, according to this, since she doesn't need any high clearances she should not need a police certificate, however now that she received her P3, it is specifically asking for one, what gives ? And when she does go to get one they will ask her for what clearance does she want it ? I don't understand this.

2nd, Are Police Certificates and Notarial Birth Certificates obtained in the exact same offices ? Specifically, she is from a little village near town of Tongjiang, District of Fujin, in Heilongjiang province. I am pretty sure she will not be able to get either of those certificates translated into English in her home town and will have to go to Harbing or return to Guangzhou for translation. But are the initial documents available at same location ? The Notarial Office ? or some different place, and could someone please give me an exact name of such an office if possible ?

Thank You

She needs to go to her municple capital notary and PBS to get them, for example Kunming if your Hukou is from most of Yunnan.

ok, she was born in a very small village near town of Tongjiang, District of Fujin, province of heilongjiang. So the Municipal Capital Notary, would that be Tongjiang, or district city Fujin or province capital Harbin ?

And what is PBS ?

Thank you

i have the same question as well. my fiancee was born in the rural part of harbin but now she resides in guangzhou.

a few questions.

where will her case go to Guangzhou? or beijing?

where does she go to get her birth certificate AND translation.

a city name with chinese would be great!

She needs to go to her municple capital notary and PBS to get them, for example Kunming if your Hukou is from most of Yunnan.

ok, she was born in a very small village near town of Tongjiang, District of Fujin, province of heilongjiang. So the Municipal Capital Notary, would that be Tongjiang, or district city Fujin or province capital Harbin ?

And what is PBS ?

Thank you

And what is PBS ?

Thank you

Actually PSB Public Safety Bureau AKA the police department. You get a report of No Convictions and have it translated at the notary office, sometimes PSB is the same place as the Notary Office.

Police Cert IS REQUIRED.

Hello everyone. continuing the theme of this thread ........

I am perplexed with regard to Police Certificates requirements for Chinese fiance's. I have read the Guangzhou Consulate requirements as well as the table of reciprocity - and neither are very clear. So I would like to have some clarification for my fiance - so that once we can head all of this off before we get to that point.

My fiance has lived in 5 different places since age 16 (Neijiang, Sichuan. Chengdu, Sichuan. Chongqing. some town in Henan. then back Chengdu.) Each of these locations were longer than 6 months.

1) Does she need a different police certificate for each of these locations?

(I ask this, because my fiance actually called Guangzhou consulate telephone/info line and some person told her she only needs ONE CERTIFICATE for her current residence in Chengdu - BUT I am afraid this is not correct information based on what I have read and don't want to get burned. :P )

Also, she has lived in two districts in Chengdu (each for more than 6 months).

2) Does she need a cert from each separate district or will one from Chengdu PSB be sufficient?

I appreciate any assistance, thanks in advance!

I am perplexed with regard to Police Certificates requirements for Chinese fiance's. I have read the Guangzhou Consulate requirements as well as the table of reciprocity - and neither are very clear. So I would like to have some clarification for my fiance - so that once we can head all of this off before we get to that point.

My fiance has lived in 5 different places since age 16 (Neijiang, Sichuan. Chengdu, Sichuan. Chongqing. some town in Henan. then back Chengdu.) Each of these locations were longer than 6 months.

(I ask this, because my fiance actually called Guangzhou consulate telephone/info line and some person told her she only needs ONE CERTIFICATE for her current residence in Chengdu - BUT I am afraid this is not correct information based on what I have read and don't want to get burned. :lol: )

2) Does she need a cert from each separate district or will one from Chengdu PSB be sufficient?

Only one BC for everywhere you stayed in China, that's it.

(I ask this, because my fiance actually called Guangzhou consulate telephone/info line and some person told her she only needs ONE CERTIFICATE for her current residence in Chengdu - BUT I am afraid this is not correct information based on what I have read and don't want to get burned. :lol: )

#1) NO, the police cert is a NATIONAL Cert, just one is needed from China, if she lived in other "Places" as in countries, she will need one from each of the other countries.

#2) See my answer for #1

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

(I ask this, because my fiance actually called Guangzhou consulate telephone/info line and some person told her she only needs ONE CERTIFICATE for her current residence in Chengdu - BUT I am afraid this is not correct information based on what I have read and don't want to get burned. :rolleyes: )

#1) NO, the police cert is a NATIONAL Cert, just one is needed from China, if she lived in other "Places" as in countries, she will need one from each of the other countries.

#2) See my answer for #1

But the police certificate has to be issued from the PSB of her Hukou (place of residence). Also do not worry (for either police or birth certificate) about how small the village of her Hukou is; they all know what a white book is and can produce them. Just have her tell them it is being used to get a visa to the US and you need a white book.