flying from jfk

I don't know how many of us has used china air, but i was wondering as they use the 747 have they upgraded to individule tv's like continentals 777's or do you have to watch what they want you to see on a big screen shared by maybe 8 rows of passengers :lol:

No, theirs are still the same, no individual screen. Overall, I like the Continental flight better.

China Eastern is the same, no individual screens, but I like their non stop flights from JFK to Shanghai. I just bring my laptop and watch my own movies.

Overall, I like the Continental flight better.

I second that. We've never had a problem with Continental - and the service has always been amazing.

Caffey Pacific/Dragon Air are exemplary as well - better than Continental - but you will pay a hefty price.

Although China Air is the cheapest deal, we've heard nothing but negative things about them.

I flown China Eastern,and also Air China,Air China Is different than China Air? Anyway all the chinese flights i been on were great,The American airlines suck,i been on the Delta flights,exspensive and its crap. and the Flights within USA you have to take to get to China,like if your flying from Tampa to LA....then onto Shanghai.....they will nickel and dime you....8 bucks for a sandwich....and now they even charge you for the blanket and pillow,when your freezing your ass off.what next...charge to use the toilet?

jimi

I live in NY and have flown United twice from Chicago to Shanghai, that flight uses the 777 and has individual screens for passengers.

I flown China Eastern,and also Air China,Air China Is different than China Air? Anyway all the chinese flights i been on were great,The American airlines suck,i been on the Delta flights,exspensive and its crap. and the Flights within USA you have to take to get to China,like if your flying from Tampa to LA....then onto Shanghai.....they will nickel and dime you....8 bucks for a sandwich....and now they even charge you for the blanket and pillow,when your freezing your ass off.what next...charge to use the toilet?

jimi

I fly out of JFK on Air China, yeah boring no individual screen but hard to beat the price for non stop to Beijing. That and the fact in a 13 hours flight you get 2 full meals, one sandwich meal, and you can wander into the galley anytime you want for snacks, drinks etc because they leave it out buffet style between regular meals. Star Alliance is also a good Frequent Flyer program, First Class round trip for me next time thanks to all my kilometers.

I recently flew from Hartford to Chicago, then to Omaha on Delta and after the nickel and diming for food I actually expected to see a coin slot when I went to toilet.