Are DS-156 / DS-157 Forms needed at Medical Exam?

Hello everyone.

I've read through so many helpful topics here, and have read through the Guangzhou Consulate website, but the answer to this question is escaping me. unsure.gif

There are references in several posts, that the DS-156 and/or the DS-157 Forms are needed at the medical exam. Yet, I can find no mention of this requirement in the information from the Consulate, or the excellent "Kitchen Sink" posts.

Are these Forms required at the Exam? And if so, how many copies?

My Fiancee will have her Exam at the end of this month, in Shanghai, and I hope that someone could clarify this, for us.

Maybe I have misread something? Maybe missed something? Maybe I'm just burnt out.... wacko.gif

No, however many bring them to the exam, the personnel there will seal them in your medical envelope for you.

Sometimes they will give you a hard time if you use the fillable PDF forms and printed them, you can insist that they allow you to use the forms.

You need TWO copies of each.

No, however many bring them to the exam, the personnel there will seal them in your medical envelope for you.

Thank you for the reply, dnoblett.

So, this is an optional procedure? Do the personnel also attach the photos to the DS-156 / DS-157 Forms, or must we do it first?

My wife attached passport pics to the forms using a dab of glue, the photos need to be 2" x 2" you can get them on the 4th floor of the consulate building at one of the travel agencies.

Sometimes they will give you a hard time if you use the fillable PDF forms and printed them, you can insist that they allow you to use the forms.

You need TWO copies of each.

This is very outdated advice. The Letter to Applicants that GUZ now includes in the P4 specifically instructs the applicant to submit the DS-156 and DS-157 forms during the interview. It instructs the applicant to submit only the medical forms and 4 visa photos during the medical exam.

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/guangzho...nt-Aug%2009.pdf